Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Thread, tell me what Castlevania to play next. I don't have a gimmick in mind this year so I'm sort of spoiled for choice.

Aria of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

I don't think CJacobs has played Yoshi's Island.

You should play Yoshi's Island.

Also I don't buy that Bowser is in his 20's either.

Bowser is in the prime of his youth. Being in his 20s is easily believable. He works with Kammy Koopa because he doesn't have a discriminatory bone in his body.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

47,455 people playing Paladins :wth:

I'm more surprised at the people playing Warframe, but then I haven't played that game in years so I guess they must have added a lot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Speaking of terrible parenting, one of my ex's named her daughter "Aeris". Why would you impose that on a child. Why.

As far as video game/anime inspired names go, that's probably not even in the bottom half, honestly.

Clearly should've gone with Edge Maverick, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mutata posted:

Ok! Games with fun, expressive, and/or creative crafting or building systems?

Besiege

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

video games status: im starting to not enjoy video games anymore

is this what getting older feels like. i just want to play a dice game now with my grandma

I am getting to be the same way. I have a huge pile of games that I keep stupidly buying because they look interesting, but just can't drum up the will to play them after getting home from work late and making dinner because they're all a big time and often energy investment. I end up just playing a game or two of hearthstone or something and then doing nothing the rest of the night.

Video games are too much work now that I am an Old and also bad at work-life balance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish there were more special editions that were just game plus art book or whatever without all the rest of the crap. Art books are usually cool additions, but I don't want some ridiculously stupid and useless statue or iconic cap or clunky phone wrist band.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

oddium posted:

the combat is not great but the paper marioness is good

From some videos I've seen the enemies poo poo talk Mario in combat, which is A+.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought ReCore was supposed to be pretty decent and mostly hurt by technical issues that are presumably patchable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Star Citizen is still a thing people care about?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Just play all day everyday for three weeks or spend $60 on boxes :haw:

Whoa check out this optimist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Megaman X. First time I got to try it was my friend had it in mexico. Played the hell out of it. Few years bought a SNES when I was older and Megaman X was my first game I bought.

No one can blame you for being obsessed with the perfect video game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

Skip Final Fantasy X and just play X-2

Make sure to have a guide handy for X-2 since there is a lot of missable poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't do this unless you hate yourself, just play through it normally and not give a gently caress first time.

I would agree were it not for some of the dresspheres being missable and obtuse to get which is lame.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks to me like something precision engineered to hit your pressure points and increase your gaming power.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of, what is the button for continuing after I die like the scrub I am?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Switch seems like the kind of thing where you might want to wait a bit before buying one just for some initial volume production issues to be worked out. Not like waiting for the new 3ds or ps4k or whatever, but just to make sure there aren't like red rings or structural issues.

That being said, if the launch lineup looks good I may well ignore what I just typed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

The Switcher Wii

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

So consoles are now moving toward 4k and HDR and VR and Nintendo is probably going to put out another underpowered consoles that isn't going to get ports. Okay.

They'd probably do better to market this as a handheld that easily connects to your TV than as a console to compete with the Xbox or Playstation.

VR is poo poo that nobody cares about and will never have any good games period, let alone any worth the price of admission.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something that just occurred to me regarding usage shown in the teaser is that if they want people to take it to a friend's place or some other group gathering for multiplayer, they should make the standard AC adapter support two being plugged in, because there's no way this thing is going to have sufficient battery life. Being able to run two off of one cord would make the portable multiplayer aspect a lot easier than both having to lug around an adapter.

All in all I think this is a neat idea, and I don't really care too much about underpowered hardware or whatever as long as art direction is good and it's not a glorified 3ds.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I welcome the coming hops shortage so that maybe the beer aisles at stores will stop being 3/4 IPAs. Good lord that fad of horrible beers needs to die.

Also porters generally and some stouts should be treated more like dessert beers.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 20, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

started playing darkest dungeon finally. dig the gently caress out of the voice acting. the collector is a loving rear end in a top hat who owned an entire team

Spoilered in case you want to figure it out on your own (or already know it), but the biggest gameplay thing to realize in Darkest Dungeon is stuns and other crowd control are extremely good. Past the first couple dungeons you lose damage races hard, so the game becomes significantly about damage mitigation and avoidance.

Also don't use your food to heal unless you're desperate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

True story, I once asked for "whiskey and water" at a bar and the girl asked "how do you make that?" :psyduck:

It was her polite way of asking why you want your whiskey ruined.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Old Rasputin stout is pretty good. Thanks to the kind soul who mentioned it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I cannot decide whether shy guys, boos, or Bowser are the best Mario characters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like Nintendo Switch

ing footage!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeh, also people who are obsessed with hating on things rather than trying to find the things they like and having fun with them are lame.

On the other hand, being critical about even things you like is good and fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FanaticalMilk posted:

I would argue those types of games are more viable nowadays then they ever have been.

Yeah as I get older and have less time and energy I'm much more a fan of short, very polished games or ones where you can hop right into gameplay like Dynasty Warriors. I like jrpgs, but the time commitment both total and per session is prohibitive. I wonder how long companies can keep their apparent desire for players to play only one game going, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Introduce his middle manager as boss, and the top level one as big boss.

Yeah but who doesn't do that normally anyway?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I decided to taint my PC with origin to play Titanfall 2, but the origin servers are down. I'm sorry everyone, when Titanfall 2 is dead and forgotten in 2 weeks you can blame me for destroying the servers with my whims on a crucial weekend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will defend Lightning Returns as a good game, if not necessarily a good Final Fantasy game.

And by good game I mean a game I like.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

XIII also has Sazh, the best FF character.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

titanfall is a grapplehook'n acrobatic wall run speedy sliding shooter with big old robo's to jump in a few times per round. its cool

I'm impressed with the single player campaign, too. Some cool set pieces and mechanics in it and you have a robot bro.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Titanfall 2 is pretty fun. My biggest complaint about it is that it's a game based around giant robots where your single player partner is a giant robot and yet giant robots are the least interesting part of the entire experience. Even in the single player campaign the giant robot parts are the worst part. Not even bad just "I wish I was time travelling against instead."

The time travel chapter is legit super cool and I wouldn't hold something being less cool than it against it. Also I need to get out of my habit of holding onto anti-titan weaponry in the campaign because it's not really that useful, it turns out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the choice for November is 'But the future refused to change.'

Alternately, 'Please stop trying to make Cyber Monday a thing.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a good thing they never made a V for Vendetta game. It'd just end up like the Watchmen game or other movie to games that shouldn't have existed.

I read that as Watch_Dogs at first, which will no doubt eventually be a movie.

• Locked thread