Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Just chiming in to reiterate that Obduction is a top10 this year despite going completely under the radar and that you goons are really missing out. also apparently i have an avatar now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The Plinkett video is not about the new movie. It's about the resurgence of Star Wars poo poo in the past few years due to Disney buying the IP rights and its related bullshit. That's why the title of the video is "The Star Wars Awakens." tl;dr: reading is hard.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
I agree that Trek is better than Wars but god dammit Rogue Squadron was the poo poo. Why does Star Wars always get the good games? I want TellTale to do TNG season 8. since everything is being rebooted nowadays why not

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
It's a jock strap but with facetime so you can share your dick pics like chatroulette

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I'd open my own game studio and make lovely games that only I want to play

i like the cut of your jib, good sir :beerpal:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

As a big fan of pink eye, I agree

posts like this are why i read these forums.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Wtf kind of gamer doesn't like numbers going up?!

the ones that still play Wii Golf

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I'm working on it.

That looks really good. My first impression was VGA No Man's Sky circa 1997 edit--poo poo i thought i was editing the above post

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
I just realized that one of my biggest problems with FPS games is that when playing multiplayer I still aim too far ahead of my target. It's an old habit from my 56k connection in the '90s and I haven't been able to get rid of the mental habit ever since DSL and hit detection were improved. I realized it while getting yelled at in CSGO for bad aim because I twitched the mouse at a guy moving slowly to aim ahead of him. :smith:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Kneel before your God, Babylon!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Some people released a free, open source remake of Diablo 1: https://freeablo.org/

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

I'm sorry to break y'alls circlejerk but fox and hedgehog are actual jargon for certain types of political people/pundits. It's from that Nate Silver guy's book from 6-ish years ago. It's the reason his blog site, fiveturdyeight, has a fox as its logo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hedgehog_and_the_Fox#Influence ctrl+f "nate silver"

so it's actually not game-related, sadly

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Rockstar has defeated me in video games, please help me get past this final boss

my partner opened the door behind me while i was admiring the hollywood skyline at the end of a 2-hour long case. i don't want to go back and re-do this poo poo all over again.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
update: 10 minutes have passed and i've made what might be a little bit of progress. i'm sure that with time i'll find some way to solve this puzzle and crack the case wide open!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
update: after stripping naked as a call for help and throwing my clothes over the balcony, my partner threw a new suit he borrowed from the suspect to give to me. unfortunately, it appears rockstar has finally defeated me, for i have no choice because there are no checkpoints here unfortunately, it seems.

ill just go watch a lets play, gently caress this case.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I never play single player games anymore. I don't know what it is but I feel like a switch flipped in my brain around a year ago. Now when I sit down in the evening to play something it's almost always overwatch or something coop that I can play with friends.

Maybe I just need something good to come out and kick me from this funk.

I felt the same way up until a little while ago when I tried out The Banner Saga, which gave me that suspension of disbelief I need to buy into the experience. I know you said you're not into turn based stuff, but I kind of felt like this was the least annoying of that genre so it worked out for me.

Also the LA Noire plot is pretty good, I'm about halfway through. Decided to just watch a let's play after all. Remember that Heavy Rain game? That had a pretty awesome plot, too, come to think of it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Stuff like this being possible makes that VR thing seem pretty attractive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOhgGmI8JE

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Snak posted:

RTSs suck on consoles.

Ask N64 starcraft.

N64 Starcraft was my entire middle school, don't knock it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Rockstar always does this kinda poo poo.

Do you have a source for that, because I can't find anything to verify it.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/oregon_standoff_verdicts_annou.html -- ctrl+f "informants"

protip: go to google news and ctrl+f "highly cited" and "most referenced" to find the actual stuff worth reading.

Just to put this into context, though: just because they were "informants" doesn't mean they were plants or whatever. It just means that they were recruited by the FBI to turn on their own people or at least to keep the FBI informed on what was going on internally with their group. Part of the reason why the jury apparently acquitted all of them was because the government wasn't willing to disclose who the informants were or put them up on the stand, so the defense lawyer made it seem like they were all provocateurs and plants... and the government couldn't reveal their secrets so the defense's bluff wasn't called and the jury gave them reasonable doubt. That's just my understanding of it, anyway.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Since the Undertale thread is closed and dead, I figure it'd be cool to post this fresh little short somebody just published:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKttlt0xd4

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Why did you put spoiler tags there.

Because the original comment about the topic that I quoted or whatever was in spoiler tags so I was just going with it

edit-- also because it was kind of off-topic and as we all know off-topic is cool if you put spoiler tags around it

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rASHG99nwh4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
http://i.imgur.com/64F4vRP.gifv

• Locked thread