Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm assuming you'll also need whatever the price of the ps4 ultra neo edition is if you want to maintain a high enough framerate to not vomit every time you use the PSVR
Yeah they said neo would give psvr higher framerates at the neo reveal and I was like "uhh shouldn't framerate be top priority no matter the platform"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I'm thinking of making my 2017 Gaming themed. In that, each month I play a specific kind of game and only that sort of game for the whole month in order to whittle down my backlog.

So far I have

Japanuary - Jrpgs and games from the Japanese developers.
Fpsbruary - 1st person shooters only.
March -
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
Spooktober - Scary games/games designed to create fear.
Neverember - Classics I own that I've never gotten round to (scary amount of this).
Indecember - Indie Games.

Can anyone help with suggestions months and styles of games?
Artifex April - hidden object games
MetroidMaynia
Randomly Junerated - roguelike games
Boo-ly - spooky games in the summer
Au-Gust - nothing but atelier games
Strangetember - weird games like The Void, Pathologic, EYE Divine Cybermancy
Coin-Optober - arcade games
Point n Click Advember

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What is everybody else up to?
did some writing and beat two more games tonight (Sideway New York and a hidden object game)

tomorrow I will start either on Titan Quest or Halfway (not related to Sideway). also Win the Game (which is not a meme but an early game by the Eldritch/Neon Struct devs that's free on Steam)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, is Sideway that game where you play as like graffiti or something, I remember some game where you looked like a graffiti drawing and sideway sounds familiar.
Yeah Sideway is the graffiti game. It was surprisingly short, maybe just over 2 hours long.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ive found that if there is more than one black person or woman in the main or peripheral cast of a nerd IP, the fanbase calls it 'forced diversity'

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the amount of smilies that get bought that no one uses is great

:spiderguy::wrong::smoobles::swish::vapes::nomates::kayak::jollywell::fuzzknot::jamez::destiny::chome::dadjoke::bagl::landy::quig:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont think there's any setting in western media where it makes sense for there only to be white people so i wont really ever get the 'forced diversity' argument

not writing minority characters poorly is a different story

if paper mario had black toads it'd increase the character design variety by 200%

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Mention the no black people in The Witcher series thing in the Steam thread
is the witcher thread the one where the guy talked about the benefits of slavery

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have a nephew whose first and middle names are Maverick Hunter

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ROM was too overly prose-y, and as stated before you can't have a world where your message is about 100% inclusion and then have an oppression METAPHOR, it makes no sense

I actually liked the gameplay of it. it's just the story is weak

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

monsters & monocles http://store.steampowered.com/app/328510/

it's a twin stick shooter trying to enter the same market as enter the gungeon and nuclear throne. it's starting to get crowded so i dont know that M&M is going to be able to stand out. it is fun, it opts for silly sort of zombies ate my neighbors feel with mummies, ghosts, werewolves, slime monsters, etc. the weapons mostly feel good except for the revolver which sucks.

the persistent element are relics which you can upgrade with the money you get in your run (your coin bank resets when you game over), a lot of them are weapon specific so not necessarily super useful unless you already have the weapon on you (you can carry 2 weapons at a time, 3 relics at a time). there are temporary buffs that last as long as you're alive, some with + and - (one gives you DMG up and Recoil up at the same time for example), so you can become really powerful the more you can grab in one life. this actually i think makes the game a little too easy, so maybe they need to balance it some more. although... there are 3 'zones' right now and 3 more are planned so maybe it's okay. you only have 3 lives for the ENTIRE RUN so if the difficulty continues to scale across the last 3 zones maybe that will level it out

it's EARLY ACCESS .. right now their upcoming update adds the 4th zone, so they seem to be on track, but you might want to wait. when you beat all 3 zones you complete a 'loop' and can play the zones again but they're harder. i'm not sure how they'll work that out when they have all 6 zones in

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What if we banned pixel art for a year
then people would complain that the art of games looks like Flash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

I didn't like Rogue Legacy because of the permanent upgrades
I didnt like Rogue Legacy because it sucked

the grinding aspect of it was only one of the various ways it was bad. the last game i'll ever pre-order (which was i dunno 3 years ago? so far pretty good holding to it)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what is this garbage

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://juegosrancheros.itch.io/fantastic-arcade-2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Notch is having some kind of LSD fueled meltdown on twitter at the moment or something :raise:
https://twitter.com/notch/status/783402435435827204

https://twitter.com/notch/status/783396919296925696

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

since he deleted the tweet i preserved it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dewgy posted:

a manchild falls through the earth and into a long abandoned candy room. upon turning on a nearby light he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the bare minimum I can do to get review copies of video games

you still need a youtube channel with at least 100 followers for accreditation

heres a cat i saw on twitter

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wuppo is a great game but the grind in Popocity is loving AWFUL. AWFFFFULLLLLLL

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

there are many games that are just essentially boss rushes. No More Heroes 1 and 2, Furi, Alien Soldier, Shadow of the Colossus, plus the boss rush modes of like Kirby and Castlevania games
and Bleed

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Good morning, how is everybody doing today?

I hope everybody has been having a good week so far! :D
i caught a cold after the funeral i went to i think. i played a lot of Halfway (TBS game) and i'm at the last third of the game and it's really frustrating now, like enemies with crazy high armor and crazy good aiming while my 91% chance shot misses

im gonna eat a cough drop and play some picross 3d round 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZdB28Fpy0&t=2432s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pathfinder seems like a bad one to do for a first time meeting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nice, crosscode 0.8 is out. they're getting closer to finished...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

I highly suggest that whoever it was that had the PSVR on preorder look at bits of that long 5 hour stream GiantBomb did with it because it looks real bad.
thats because VR is bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the OG Wii's most popular third party title was shovelware Carnival Games

as if the analogy couldn't be more perfect, guess what comes out later this month

http://store.steampowered.com/app/458920/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished wuppo. a great game made by just 2 ppl, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE GRINDING in Popocity, that needs a serious patch or some additions

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they censored out the washer bones

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Did that homestuck game ever actually come out? I didn't just imagine Hussie crowdfunding that, did I?
A trailer for it came out this week

it's called HIVESWAP

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like cool student games, this is a 15 minute one called skybolt zack(or maybe jack? whatever)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've never known anyone who owned a Vita that didn't like Japanese games to the point of being human garbage.
i own a Vita and I rarely buy games for it because too many of them are just not to my taste

the last one I bought I think was either Steinsgate or Trails of Cold Steel

the latter I won't play until I beat Trails SC on PC first

I'm glad DQ Builders exists on Vita although most Vita ports are trash it feels like, at least in terms of framerate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's a den full of guys

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

at least with hogs i feel confident they'll finish it because they release a billion of them a year

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i keep tabs on this cause they asked to use some of my music in it, i wanna play it sometime because the guardian legend was a cool idea

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tap my mountain posted:

If people are dumb enough to continue to give them money then who cares, there are many much worse rackets to shake a pitchfork at.
I dunno, they've raised a pretty huge loving mountain of cash from idiots, i mean hundreds of millions

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Man, complaining about the same game for 3 years is nothing. There are games on these forums people have been complaining about for nearly a decade.
*whispers* f a l l o u t t h r e e

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I'm working on it.
lookin good pal

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i can't program worth poo poo so i'd probably just make something in Adventure Game Studio or renpy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Thats what I did when I made Flash games and it made me feel like a total fuckin fraud

• Locked thread