Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing out this month that I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing coming out the rest of the year looks good. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Yesterday I was looking through the nominees for one of those terrible video game award shows coming up and No Man's Sky was nominated for almost every single category

e: http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Best Original Game
Best Visual Design
Best Audio
Best Indie Game
Innovation of the Year
Studio of the Year
Game of the Year
Playstation Game of the Year

lol there are games on this list that are not even out yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

There is an entire category dedicated to voting for what upcoming game you're most looking forward to.

Right, but there are categories that require that you have actually played the games in question, yet there are nominee's that haven't been released yet. To be fair this is much like how the Academy Awards for movies work, and that is considered the most prestige's award show in the entertainment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What if we banned pixel art for a year

Yes please.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Trouble with kids is, they are dumb. Kids might look at notch and say boy that guy is cool cuz he made mine craft, which is a mistake

I just hope to god none of them read his Twitter because he is a misogynist rape apologist, and he is very open and unashamed about this on his Twitter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno if it's a good computer, probably not, and even if it was I wouldn't want to get it or anything. I just like how aldi is like "hi I'm a grocery store, this week's deals are meat, jaffa cakes, chainsaws, and this computer"

Even if you were to put a good graphics card in there, you're going to be very limited with that duo core processor. AAA games now, more and more, are needing 6+ core CPUs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a fortune cookie in 1998 that said 'stop mobas before it's too late'

So you're telling us you had a chance to do this and you didn't do it? You're a god drat monster and I hope you live with this shame for the rest of your life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

heres a cat i saw on twitter

That is a very good cat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

video games status: im starting to not enjoy video games anymore

is this what getting older feels like. i just want to play a dice game now with my grandma

Nowadays I just play grindy games that I can sit down and focus on for 2 to 3 hours at a time. I don't have the patience to play story heavy games anymore and most of them aren't that fun or interesting anyways. Playing a lot of Diablo 3 and Mortal Kombat X currently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

User Steam reviews for Mafia III are claiming the game is locked at 30fps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to play the Yakuza games but dont have my PS3 anymore. I really hope the next game in the series comes to America, but I know that might be a very long wait if it ever does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How can I give my children's toy a more serious name so I don't out myself as a gigantic manchild?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are computers, just like the PC! They play Netflix! Mom and dad don't have to shake their heads at me anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Citizen's single player mode, Squadron 42 has been delayed indefinitely. :lol: This comes directly from Chris Robert himself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

chumbler posted:

Star Citizen is still a thing people care about?

If people were they probably are not anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snak posted:

Gears of W4R is the only game I'm sad I can't play on ps4, but I would never get a bone just to play it. I got a ps4 for Bloodborne and it was worth it.

It's on PC

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hello friends. I am playing the Mega Man games for the first time and all I can do is kill Cutman and then fall off every platform there is. I am very bad at the timing in the platform puzzle things but I know I will eventually get the hang of it and feel like a badass but I hope that happens soon because right now it is a terrible feeling. :(

The Mega Man games are absurdly difficult. I actually suggest starting with the Mega Man X series. They are still hard as hell but ease you into them much better and their difficulty curve is a lot more fair.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We do know Red Dead Redemption 2 is in development, but i'm not going to read too much into this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What if the announcement is going to be Bully 2?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

soft shell tacos and burritos are for clowns and children

Well I hate both of these things so I will give up my soft shell taco eating ways. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Wanna see a hard shell burrito

That's not possible is it? Wouldn't it just become a taco by definition?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still maintain this is Bully 2. The premise is that now the school has gone on a field trip.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can't invest in Kickstarter tho because you don't get any money back in return. If you're really lucky you'll actually get what you paid for. Kickstarter is where bad idea's go to scam people who do not know better. If a game publisher wouldn't fund that game then you should probably ask yourself why you would want to do the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hahahah beautiful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

GTA online came with GTA V, it's fairly likely that the same thing will happen in this case.

Hopefully we don't have to wait a month like GTA Online, but Online was really broken at launch anyways. Rockstar though handled Online better then any other developer ever. They could have easily charged $15 - $30 per content update like any other developer would have done but they didn't.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

i hope i can bring forward my buffalo mount from red dead redemption online

That fucker was so hard to get, so I hope we can too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

That's a possibility but considering how popular GTA Online is I wouldn't be surprised if they just focused on that mode and skip an expensive single-player campaign.

No way, that's a crazy idea. RDR2 will absolutely have an absurd single-player campaign. No doubt in my mind this will happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No PC version of RDR2 mentioned on the official site. Only shows the PlayStation and Xbox logos.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's already too much hype and unrealistic expectations for RDR2. In a year, most of the internet freaking out about this announcement is going to complain about how disappointing RDR2 is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

RDR with GTAV style heists. Controlling multiple characters to stage a train robbery or to bust someone out of jail. Cheating at cards then starting a bar fight. Shooting a man just to watch him die.

Heists in single player, still delayed for online for the next three years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

It ain't gonna make that release date and we all know it.

Pretty much, yeah. I am expecting Fall 2018.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Get Doom also get Shadow Warrior 2.

Shadow Warrior 2 is the game of the month in my opinion. Very funny dialog and really good gameplay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No game devs are going to support this system, it's the Wii U sales figures all over again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lets launch our console with zero games exclusive to the system that show off its power and abilities. Instead we are going to give it a 5 year old RPG that no one cares about anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

I know that some people are angry at their CEO for maybe being a raging misogynist/douche, but is there anything actually sketch about their business practices?

Stardock games do tend to be notoriously buggy and broken at launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully the Switch can play digital versions of Wii U games to make up for everyone who bought the Wii U getting so horribly burned on Nintendo's broken promises.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

The switch looks cool, but I'm afraid it might be too big to fit in my pocket for poop breaks at work :(

The screen is 6.2 inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

Wait, people were actually buying shark cards?

E: I just remembered that most of the fun I had in GTA online was commiting insurance fraud :mmmhmm:

Shark Cards were the whole reason we got all of the content updates that we do. GTA Online still gets new content and one just happened a few weeks ago.

• Locked thread