Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hey, can anyone give me a recommendation?

My sister (who's about 12) is really currently into Harley Quinn. However she's more into the idea of Harley Quinn than the actual character. She didn't like B:TAS Harley much because she though Harley Quinn was sad and depressing instead of cool and I'm not particularly chomping at the bit to give her Sexy Fun Times Harley Quinn Murders The World.

Is there anything particularly good starring Harley Quinn that is generally fun and enjoyable without being too overt in the pandering or having her murder people randomly? (I know my sister well enough to know she'd dislike the latter part.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Excuse me Lurdiak, but I've watched every Batman movie, and I think that qualifies me as a mental health professional.

Hmm. It is true that Batman is the most accurate depiction of mental health in fiction...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

For a 12yo, yeah

Usg
Ms marvel
Moon girl

I do appreciate the suggestions and I have those in mind, I was mostly asking about Harley Quinn because she very specifically likes Harley Quinn right now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Find anything in the DC Super Hero Girls line. There was a FCBD issue back in the spring and I've seen a few young readers books out there.

That looks good actually, I'll look into that. Thank you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Fun most definitely not included. I wish I was allowed to put up a "No Superman VS Goku discussion" sign.

You can't do that Rhyno! Dragonball Super just changed the name of the game and I have to explain how Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God matches up to pre-crisis Superman!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

GUYS. Jack Chick died yesterday, too. 2016 is the worst.

Here's Benito Cereno's article on him. http://comicsalliance.com/history-jack-t-chick/

He's sleeping with the Moon Gods now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tato posted:

Was sad to see Steve Dillon died this weekend, always a huge fan. Didn't realize how he died until I read this thread, it shook me as I've been having abdominal pain the last few days I wrote off to pulling a muscle. Got freaked out by the news and went to the hospital to be sure. Now I'm in a bed scheduled to have my appendix removed after it ruptured last week.

Thanks Steve.

Jesus. I'm glad you got there in time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Hey, thanks to whoever got me the new thing.

I genuinely can't figure out what it is.

• Locked thread