Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're probably like me in that they just post exclusively and occasionally in only one or two threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh yeah, and the recent GBS namepool probably doesn't help matters either.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh yeah, the thread theme

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I didn't say she was a rapist, just that it's a rapey super power. Unless you're like a hostage negotiator for the cops I'm having a hard time thinking of a moral way to use mind control in every-day life.
Obviously you use it to build and hide a group of teenage vigilantes, hated by the world they are pledged to protect.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

spooky like this! posted:

And in the movies he never really "mind control" mind controls people, just kind of shuts them down.
You should probably watch First Class.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It seems like a power really wide open to rules-lawyering. Like is deep-dish definitively a pizza? Can you affect pizzas that aren't sliced?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I guess if you think the epitome of manliness and virility is wandering around in the dark in pyjamas spooking evildoers rather than rippling muscles and spunking dicks then I can see why you'd think it's the opposite of homosexuality.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Some people thought Batman was perhaps a little effeminate due to sleeping in the same bedroom with another man and to prove those assholes wrong I put in a sexless nagging mother figure.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Does he come with a button to press on his back for authentic turd-sliding action?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The boy's toys are standard action figures in action poses and the girl's toys are barbie-type dolls with real hair so that is part of why I think it's lame. There's a very clear distinction between the toys for girls and the toys for boys.
Also the boys line comes with moulded masks while the girls line comes with glasses, a hairband, and a tiara.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Maybe he saw a disabled beggar once and was told it was done on purpose so they could make more money and instead of giving the beggar some money and taking it as a reaffirmation of the importance of social security nets and a progressive tax to lessen inequality so that there isn't a rung on the ladder of prosperity above "beggar" that is "crippled beggar" he just believed that beggar deserved it due to their ethnicity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cognitive dissonance is putting this image next to Spider-man's "With great power comes great responsibility".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have three Nick Furys.

Steranko Fury who is James Bond speedballing.
Jackson Fury who is government Batman.
And Hasselhoff Fury who is pathetically drunk eating a hamburger in space while his LMDs do everything substantial on the ground.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I wish. I was in a pizza place a year or so ago and the two or three guys in the booth over were honestly having a Goku v Superman argument. That said, in about twenty minutes they had come to an agreement on who would win and the conversation ended.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

First rule: Batman doesn't get a year and a half to do push-ups, sit-ups and squats.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nobody can breathe in space you idiot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's the process of diffusion to and from the external environment, which is clearly impossible because the whole fundamental principle of space is that there is no environment.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

It's a matter of if Stardust can gently caress Saitama up before his fist connects.
The one consistent factor in Stardust stories is he never gets around to doing anything until after the fact. He's purely reactive, literally watching villains achieve their goals of floating millions of people into space before he punishes them for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

No, no, I'm Bubby from hit game Rainbow Islands.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Having read many, I only ever found Chick's Christian beliefs notable for how severe his anti-Catholicism was. Everything else was just basic street evangelism that happened to be in a quirky comic book.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The fundamental nature of evangelical faith is that although good works are obviously good, they are also only temporal and therefore the only good work that really matters is saving souls through the Word.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Jesus gives exactly 2 explicit instructions for getting to heaven, the first and most important is loving God, the second is loving your neighbors, neither of those involve converting people. Good works doesn't necessarily fall under that, but providing aid to the needy is something that someone who loves everyone would do.
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's not Brian Michael Bendis.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Why is everybody making dumb tweets at 3am. Go to bed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He said "it's not comics" not "it's not cruelty"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Whoops I forgot tables have four legs and benches should follow the perspective of the room.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's undeniably a bad panel, so I agree.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

You've never had a booth in a restaurant?
Admittedly not one in the White House. Waiting Area. It Didn't Go Well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lmao at a guy whose twitter is dedicated to Days of Our Lives railing for rigid gender division in artforms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/791599031369601026

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

No it's antisemitism.
Expand.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

At least until November 8th, probably longer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gross.

• Locked thread