Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kate being Hawkeye for Halloween will never not make me giggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Make it a full pizza so there's enough to share

You go get your own goddamn pizza.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NO ONE GETS ANY GODDAMN PIZZA ON MY WATCH.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BRB, going to take a dump on Kane's grave.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There used to be a BSS IRC channel but it was mostly the same jerkoffs talking about how terrible BSS was and why did anyone ever bother posting there and poo poo. I have a chatlog somewhere of one dude freaking out over the term "weak sauce" and generally being a huge oval office.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

It was a channel with a lot of BSS regulars but I'd never call it a "BSS channel".

Well it wasn't official but it had BSS in the name for a long time.

Here's a typical excerpt

d0ngz: hey lemme tell you what kind of weed is best to smoke while reading funnybooks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I didn't realize I had walked into Helldump.

No actual former BSS posters were harmed in the making of this thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would have worn the gently caress out of that.

Once, I received a Star Wars Cad Bane action figure in the mail after stating that he was loving terrible. I assume they got my info from BSSSS at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My father had a massive personality shift about 10 years ago that lead to us actually forming a now wonderful relationship and we chalk it up to an undiagnosed stroke. The research my sister did told us it is actually quite common for strokes/head injuries to cause personality shifts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PAD has never made such a public display of hate or ignorance that I am aware of. I'm gonna lean on the stroke theory.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That just means he was better at hiding it before.

You don't know that. There's tons of medical cases where people have drastic personality shifts due to stroke or head trauma.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Had to call the cops on a dude today who would not stop referring to Falcon and Black Panther as the N-word. He wouldn't stop and wouldn't leave but you bet you rear end the cops dragged him out of the store!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

:stonk:

I mean, okay, I can expect a racist rear end in a top hat would say those words about those characters, but how can a guy be socially deaf enough to not shut up the first time people get upset? Crazy.

One of the cops who showed up was black so it got pretty hilarious from there. Especially with my going "SAY THAT WORD NOW."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Is Chuck Dixon a known poo poo head?

He used to refer to Devin Greyson as a See you next tuesday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

I do appreciate the suggestions and I have those in mind, I was mostly asking about Harley Quinn because she very specifically likes Harley Quinn right now.

Find anything in the DC Super Hero Girls line. There was a FCBD issue back in the spring and I've seen a few young readers books out there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I haven't actually read it but isn't there a Harley in bombshells? Is that too adult?

It's a little sexy sexy sexy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Check your LCS, they might have the free issue still. There's another one dropping on the 29th for Halloween Comic Fest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This early issues sell for an arm and a leg so the trades are the only real option.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Why did Squizzle leave us.

He never loved us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I definitely remember some outrage that Ryan Reynolds was playing Green Lantern because "everyone knows Green Lantern is black"

That was definitely a thing. Comic shops have to deal with that sort of OUTRAGE fairly frequently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

But just think of all the fun* "who would win" discussions you get to hear

*Fun not included.

Fun most definitely not included. I wish I was allowed to put up a "No Superman VS Goku discussion" sign.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

How often does One Punch Man come up now?

Almost never honestly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

I wish. I was in a pizza place a year or so ago and the two or three guys in the booth over were honestly having a Goku v Superman argument. That said, in about twenty minutes they had come to an agreement on who would win and the conversation ended.

When I was working at a bar I would always get poo poo from my coworkers for being the nerd and they'd ask me stupid questions like "Batman vs Doctor Doom" all the time. I recently went back and they now have a comic book trivia night and it blew my mind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

They killed him off back in the Fatal Attractions crossover in like 1993. He got the Legacy Virus from giving a mutant CPR I think. People were really upset about it back then too. He's a very, very easy character to kill off because whoops, looks like that was just a dupe! The real Madrox is back, everybody!

So don't sweat it. He'll be back.

Jamie didn't die until X-Factor #100! Eight months after Fatal Attractions!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Right, the infection happened around that crossover though, right? I remember him being a weird shut in for months.

I think they later revealed he was infect in X-Factor #87 or something. I think it's an editor's note in #100.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought a few long boxes the other day at a garage sale, didn't see anything great but at the price I paid I can turn them in at work for store credit and it will be totally worthwhile. So I just hauled them into the store tonight to work on them and look what I found!

Second appearance of Iron Fist! In this shape this is easily a $100 book!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just god drat it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like his art or not, there's no denying he as a giant in this industry and will absolutely be missed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now I'm even sadder. He probably had an endgame for that and now we'll never get to see it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Someone gimme ideas for a Steve Dillon inspired tattoo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Wait, apparently Steve Dillon helped create Dog Welder, so there's a new contender for first prize.

The story is they were in a pub throwing out the most insane names they could think of for super heroes and Steve tossed out Dog Welder and it stuck in the back of Garth's head for a decade or so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just watched An Open Secret. Never want to watch anything having to do with Bryan Singer again. What a scum sucking piece of poo poo.

Is that about how he had Brad Renfrow murdered?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's about the culture of child abuse in Hollywood, and it names names. He's front and center, and it talks about how he employed a convicted sex offender who used to work at Nickelodeon for abusing kids on X-Men. I think he may have sued over the movie, I know he sued somebody over the accusations. At one point they do mention the threat of murder as a coercion tactic but don't mention him specifically in that section.

I'll have to watch it. Even though they retracted the accusation Renfro's family was pretty sure Singer was involved in his death.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nice, thanks for the link. I'll watch it after Westworld!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am pretty fat so I disagree with the handsome diagnosis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent the last hour reading tributes to Steve Dillon from around the industry and I'm currently crying like a baby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
About a year ago we discovered somebody was sneaking Chick Tracts into the bagged and boarded comics here in the store. It sure was fun inspecting 6000+ books searching for those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Christian Ward is an acquired taste.

• Locked thread