Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

spooky like this! posted:

Huh, I just learned that Ed Brubaker is a producer on HBO's Westworld TV series.

I'm posting today's AV Club interview with him because it was really good, and people will enjoy it:
http://www.avclub.com/article/ed-brubaker-westworld-fade-out-and-his-immersion-h-243754

We don't have HBO right now, since we usually only subscribe for Game of Thrones and then cancel, but I was already intrigued by Westworld, and now I'm more psyched than ever due to Brubaker's involvement.

Along those lines, I'm binge-watching Lost with my wife (my second time through, her first), and Brian K. Vaughan was a writer and producer throughout seasons 3, 4, and 5, which is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Madkal posted:

BKV was also show runner for Under the Dome, the one show I hatewatched. I do not recommend it and I don't think BKV does either.

I watched the first two or three episodes, tried to give it a fair chance, but just couldn't get into it. Sounds like I made a good decision.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I bought a ticket to the Tampa MegaCon tomorrow, my third convention of the year, which is crazy and unheard of for me. But the previous cons had so many great guests I wanted signatures from, including lifelong favorites like Keith Giffen, Adam Hughes, Tony Harris, and Paris Cullins (who ended up canceling), plus my Star Trek-loving friend and I got to meet William Shatner for about ten seconds.

This will be a smaller show, but the main draws for me were hanging out with friends I hardly ever see anymore, and meeting Greg Rucka. I was planning to have him sign my four Gotham Central TPBs, four 52 TPBs, and Countdown to Infinite Crisis. But then he got sick and canceled. I probably would have skipped this con if I had known Rucka couldn't make it, but what are you gonna do?

At least I'll still get to (hopefully) meet Ty Templeton, Andrew Robinson, Pat Broderick, and Chuck Dixon, see my friends, and share at least one good meal out there.

There's one more con in Florida in December, but it's a three-hour drive each way, and the only person I really want to meet is Pia Guerra, to have her sign my Y The Last Man TPBs. At this point, I can't justify it.

• Locked thread