Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

What are people farming at the alikr dolmens?

It's a popular place to quickly level up your character if you group because everyone shares the xp, you just do the rounds because the dolmens trigger so quickly there. I got my 2nd character up to the late 40's from zip in a couple of sessions or so just doing that. Apparently at one point people used to have auto-group scripts that would pick you up if you typed x y z in zone chat, you will see a lot of that around there. I don't think those scripts work any more.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This discussion has opened my eyes on a few points, I've not understood ESO combat very well. I'm running a dps sorceror and didn't realize the obvious use of heavy attacks that let my magick replenish. Would have saved a few soul gems! Also need to really up my gear, its pretty average, but I'm working on maxing my crafting, already maxed alchemy and working on clothing and woodworking. Once I can research enough stuff I can go craft a good set and get the neat stuff from instances.

It's really really good to do crafting writs for as many crafts as you can do in one hit. It can get annoying for some of them, having to run around looking for resources, but at my CP level there's lots of goodies and it speeds up levelling in the crafts.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

g0del posted:

You should probably avoid the hallway outside the thieves guild entrance in Necrom. Hundreds of urns, all marked as stealable, no guards to see you stealing, and access to the thieves guild is right there.

On the other hand, if you're looking to max out legerdemain quickly, it's great.

Oh that was a great tip, finally having fun with that skill. Something I can put points into and get more chummy with my companion, Sharp-as-night who is quite handy. Still, I should brew more elixers of invisiblity for the tricky stuff.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've been running aroung wrothgar desperately trying to get the loving boots, do you think I can get them? No, they keep dropping everything else and other sets on me grr. I'm going to get that pale order ring anyway. I am not the best at combat. I've got a dps sorcerer who's been as killable as a wet sock, its taken me 750cp to get enough magicka to start wearing some stamina gear to not die too fast. Finally I can start clearing public dungeons. If i can get some help for onyx stones I should be ok for the rest of the stuff for the ring. I've got 4 pieces of briarheart, just want the boots and that'll be enough, don't want to overdo it. I've thrown skill points into weapons and I'm actually doing well on my back bar. My aim is to eventually solo undaunted for a while but for now I'm just doing random dungeons to build up CP and questing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Sets that come from overland are tradeable thus sellable, and body pieces don't tend to be too expensive. Have you looked in guild traders?

I've never found one that has anything to sell, tbh i dont know how that works. How would you buy from a guild trader if you're not a member of their guild?

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 28, 2023

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

the default guild trader screen is always blank because ZOS has no idea how to make a functional UI. You have to search to find a something. A blank search will display the entire inventory (over multiple pages) which can be sorted.

doh! thanks

quote:

boots drop from delves as do belts. If you're just killing world bosses and public dungeon bosses you'll never get boots or belts.

I've been rotating through the delves but not getting the boots.. There was one i was reliably getting briarheart, it might have been the one with that brother-sister elf combo you do the quest for, I'll try that one again.

SplitSoul posted:

You can search here. It's not comprehensive since it relies on a third-party app uploading data, but it works well enough. It lists the location of the trader, price, time passed, etc.

EU: https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
US: https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

Thanks I'll check it out.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

OK that gave me the idea to start a new character, an Argonian Templar tank Stumbles-Into-Traps. Should be good for a laugh. Maybe he could be a battlemage, Argonians are fairly balanced...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Trying to find millet and i can't buy it from traders, noone has it, its super annoying, stealing just about everything from anywhere just not millet argh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Is it for your budgies?

LOL no its for a provisioning writ, some chowder recipe.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

floppyspud posted:

For this stuff i just ask in a decently active social guild or zone chat, usually people are very happy to give you a few bits and bobs if you’re nice.

Yeah I'm not in a guild right now. But it's ok I happened to be in Elden Root and there's a millet sack by one of the chefs there on the ground floor, nicked it under their nose, laundered it and finished the writ. At least that Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator addon didn't get in the way :v: but I'm glad i got it, definitely a time-saver.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

correct, you dont, but if you want to level legerdemain then laundering stuff helps with that (go to necrom and steal from urns if you want to power level that though

Exactly, every bit helps. Like bloody scrying, is there any way to speed level that up?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

floppyspud posted:

“Speed” is not a word i would use, but in artaeum do greens until scrying 3, then greens and blues until scrying 5, then go through every zone getting all the purples, till i think 7 or 8? Or whenever you unlock the ability to do legendary ones, then do those.

Thanks for that, it's been really distressing to get high-level leads I haven't been able to use and I need to stop wasting the opportunities.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

PS: even if you try keeping them in synch, this won't work for the last 5 crafting levels which you'll zoom by on your first character and will never be seen again after that since CP is account wide.

Doing all that with my 2nd char and accepting that it'll have to be the one crafter, but of course that depends on what you're after for builds.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 6, 2023

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You gain inspiration from deconstruction. The trick is to just deconstruct yourself past those intermediate levels.

That'll work for the alts yes but it depends what you're going for and what you know you don't already need. Deconstruction is really useful for enchanting levels and pretty much mandatory to get anywhere with jewellery which is very slow to level.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've had some great random dungeon runs on normal and vet and just as many bad ones. Many times the tank leader is haring off without waiting for anyone after they've got the quest running smack into the first boss and getting obliterated before dps has time to get there. Then they gripe about "not enough aoe" ( I had one of these last night) and complaining about the healer not keeping up.

I will also put my hand up as often being the weak point, but in my defence I've been in groups that simply shouldn't have been trying vet dungeons in the first place (again, last night) because you really do need to know the boss mechanics as mentioned and I've also come to the conclusion I should stay away from vet until I've improved my provisioning so I can buff myself a bit more. There are public dungeons where the bosses are still a bit tough (gave up on Gloom Tooth in Zenithar's Abbey Blackwood after 3 deaths), but I'm getting there. Also got scrying up to purple now after a long grind today.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well the excavation game is beating me, I couldn't dig up my 2nd purple because I have no time to do it, I've tried using the shovel and the trowel.. I will have to hold off until I can level up more and improve the trowel or something. With the scrying I found I don't have to get it right every time, I can just get enough to narrow it down to 2 areas and pick up some junk in one area and it will upgrade the foci, so you can't lose no matter how badly you play it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sharp-as-Night is definitely my favourite companion. Although you may get sick of his little aphorisms as you gather resources and he does get mad if you squander them to make pack room or do other un-theithworty things. Worth it just for the yucks when he scolds an unlucky victim with "Better luck next time! oh...wait"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm on a crafting binge right now, doing some amazing alchemy writs and trying to boost my armor.

Anyone got a recommendation for gear for a magicka sorcerer, I've been running medium briarheart but I'm not going to beat world bosses or solo vet dungeons with it and I've got a bunch of undaunted keys so if there's a set that's NOT Pillar of Nirn I'm all ears.

Also I'll take that Stam Warden on board, once I've finished maxing this one's crafting I might level my warden up for soloing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

I'm planning to gear my sorc up with segeant's mail and storm master once I get it to 50. If you're running lightning staff that seems like a very nice option.

As for monster sets I like running one piece of slimecraw on both my characters these days.

Thanks, is everyone just wearing bits of heavy armor regardless now just for survivability or particular bonuses? Do players prefer a mish-mash of light-medium-heavy or is there a meta for particular sets? Lightning staff also seems the best option for a sorc, flame just takes too much magicka to sustain.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I just ran Wayrest Sewers II and I'm very glad I got slimecraw pauldrons on before I did, it was a pledge and the group had a couple of iffy members. Some joker calling themselves "Niamh the Unbreakable" joined until we ran into the 300k skeletons and quickly ran off presumably because we weren't carrying them or something and then just before we got to the lich the guy who replaced him quit soon after ...but not before he got the loot he wanted from the last boss...anyway one lich and two weird kids and their zombies later I have some more heavy stuff to play with, I'm going to add the head, its Malubeth the Scourger's Visage which is better than the Briarheart head and might be just enough edge to keep me alive to solo some of the more annoying bosses I've been finding in public dungeons.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've been levelling my stam warden and he's been a lot of fun but sometimes you get a boss where you have to use weapons against your favourite type. I've been playing the fargrave content and there was a certain Incarnate that was one-shotting me until I broke out the greatsword and wailed on him. I'd been having more fun with bow destruction staff (wardens have a good bit of magic with the right stam gear) but it just wasn't cutting it with this guy, lesson learnt.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm having a weird issue with the New Life Festival event, I seem to be being blocked from it. The impressario is nowhere to be seen (her assistant claims she's "out") so I can't use the portal and I can't find Breda in Eastmarch and the quest isn't available from the Crown store. I tried with different characters and the result is the same, what the hell. I've done the event before, though.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

jabro posted:

It doesn’t begin until tomorrow, I believe.

Really? the info on the website seems to indicate it started on the 9th. edit: jfc I misread the line, you're right. :v:

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 21, 2023

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

IDK if this is a bug or something but none of my characters can buy repair kits from merchants any more. I thought it might have been some kind of level-related thing with my main but today I checked with several other alts and its like repair kits don't exist unless I get them as rewards. Something with the last update might have gone wrong with my save?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

noveria posted:

I can find repair kits on the NPCs specifically tagged [Merchant] and am able to purchase with no issue. For example, the wandering merchants on overland, or in Outlaw Refuges. No other NPCs will have them, though. Can't remember if it's always been like that or if they used to be more widely available since I took like 6 months off and only recently came back...

If even those merchants don't have them for you, I don't know. Not sure if a buggy add-on could break something like that, maybe?

That's what I thought of at first, I used to get kits from just about everyone but maybe that was a bug they patched, I finally found specific merchants that do sell them but I thought I was going crazy for a while, nobody had them.

Also if you have any spare Onix Accent Stones feel free to send them my way at the ID below :toot: (i have killed Wrothgar bosses, but everyone snarfs them before i get to them)

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Are you on PC NA? What's your ingame ID?

sorry for late reply, yes and @ewe2

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Are you on PC NA? What's your ingame ID?

holy crap thanks dude! that will do me for a while :unsmith:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have ESO plus and it wouldn't give it to me, "come back in 24h" or some such guff. Maybe there's a bug if you already completed the zone too.

edit: after 12hrs this seems to have been fixed and I've been able to claim it. Perfect timing to get that last boss and the onyx accent stones

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 3, 2024

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

After a good 6 hours of grinding, I got the Ring of Pale Order, I don't think I want to go through that again. I had to get up to gold level scrying and that put me at a disadvantage for excavating, it was brutal. And then it was the fun of competing for drops with a couple of bosses, is there some bug with the Direnni Coldrock boss, there's TWO of them?! Anyway that took 15 times as did several of the excavations. And then I promptly got thwacked by the first boss I tried it with :v:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend? Might be just better to get on with crafting better gear. I should get a bloodthirsty ring at least. They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Newsman posted:

What sort of stuff do you want to do? Group? Solo? What class?

Mostly solo as a stamina warden DPS (i know, its probably passe, i have an arcanist alt but i might use this one to grab gear for alts too) and some group because obviously there are dungeon drops I need. I have looked at Oakensoul which is pretty ok but makes that one bar a really hard choice to balance. I've got some good companions now, almost done with Isobel who's pretty good in a fight, and isn't annoying about picking mushrooms like the arcanist.

There's some annoying gaps in styles that I'm missing that I'm chasing up at the moment for writs (gold and purple ones) that would net me some great gear too. A lot of that is chasing chests around a whole bloody zone that have important lead drops too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Barreft posted:

Oakensoul

I did get the Oakensoul as well. It's great as a general dungen-group ring. I also finally said gently caress it, and bought some orders wrath gear from traders after a few fruitless attempts at Falkreath Hold runs (I will keep trying) and that gear works much better. I can smoke the easier World Bosses with Pale Order now that my gear is halfway decent. I was testing on the Coldharbour bosses last night, Duriatundur kept one-shotting me so I guess I still need better gear to survive that one, but I've done 3 of the others so far.