Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Requesting a guild invite. @UnguidedSALTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As long as there are cliff racers with massive aggro radius it'll be a good expansion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I had some earlier, quitting and restarting the game seemed to work.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Millennial Sexlord posted:

I'm currently in Stonefalls. I'll be beboping along, and hear a cliffracer call, and it's like Vietnam.

No kidding, I'm always disappointed when they don't swoop down to attack.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Argonians are great because you can give them lore appropriate jokenames. Things like Skips-Leg-Day are perfectly fine Argonian names.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Looks really nice but lol at that price tag.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can confirm that DW is still good. Haven't touched bows yet though. Takes a bit to kill stuff but the constant heal leech helps.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

When does stealing stop being fun? Does it ever stop being fun?

When your fence interactions run out for the day. Until then,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34WL_07WEIs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seriously, I could be rocking Dunmer leather and looking like an Indoril guard if I hadn't resorted to dungeon sets.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

queeb posted:

am I gimped at all if i dont want to craft ever? I have a baby so my gaming time is limited so id probably just do dungeons and stuff

You can always ask someone to craft you a bunch of gear then deconstruct it for the exp bonus from deconstructing gear another player made. Just powerlevel it and forget about it until endgame.

Even if you don't think you'll ever craft, it's a good idea to take weapons and armor you pick up to crafting stations and research the traits on them. Researching works like skill training in EVE, just select a trait to research and a timer will count down while you're doing other things.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

azura is pretty awful. i can't think of a single divinity in the series that is unanimously good.

She's petty and egotistical but she seems to care about her followers.

Barbas is a good Daedra. Only murdered that one Orc who summoned him as a scamp, but that was ESO so it doesn't count.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Expect to die a lot in the harder dungeons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I remember Oblivion's level scaling was so broken it was better to tag weapons you'd never use for your main skills and never gain levels.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

At least it's not Stagger and Sway or Chim-el Adabal for the hundredth time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like all the minor recurring characters this game has, for all its faults it got that part right.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Argonians are great because you can go by joke names such as Skips-Leg-Day or Down-With-Sickness and it'll be lore friendly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dunmer Supremacy.

Well, that goes without saying.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

atomicgeek posted:

I have kind of a silly question. I have a character that I want to add the vampire line to, but while playing one day I randomly got the werewolf bite buff (debuff?) and it's still there, weeks later. Will it prevent me from getting a vampire bite later even if I don't take on the werewolf questline?

You can always get it cleansed at any time, even after the werewolf quest, and hey, free dye color from the werewolf quest achievement.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd noticed that part 2 dungeons were generally an order of magnitude harder than 1's.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

trying to kill vateshran hollows final boss on normal and its frustrating as hell. i keep getting it down to sliver of health and then it does that gently caress you aoe oneshot. any strategies for a magplar? its taking forever to kill the things in the portals so she ends up regenning so much health.

edit: beat it right after complaining about it. works every time lol.

I can't even get past Magma Queen. Wounding and Grotto were no problem but all those adds and AoEs on her is just too much.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kedo posted:

Honestly whenever I resub (which happens at least once a year, though I always get bored and cancel after a few months), ESO+ feels like an absolute requirement for the crafting bag.

Yep, the bag is the main reason I resub whenever I play. DLC access is nice too but it's really impossible to manage inventory without it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should add a spear skill tree next expansion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PatentPending posted:

Neat! I’ve just made my way out of my initial non-prologue faction area from the base game, so it’ll be good to see what I can get up in roughly a gajillion years.

Werewolf set dragon knight best dragon knight btw, never stop healing never stop ultimating never stop aoeing

You can do most of the content in any order. Very little is gated off by story or leveling progression.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

My wife and I are just starting out as a necro tank and a warden dps. Anyone wanna braindump good newbie pointers on us? Literally everything is welcome. Obviously we will be YouTubing and googling as we go, but there is a lot of trash info online. I’m excited for 2023, it sounds like there are some good changes ahead! (Or tell me I’m dead wrong and actually the planned changes are trash.)

https://uesp.net is a great resource if you can't figure out where to go for something. The interactive, searchable map is especially good for finding missed collectibles, treasure map sites and other miscellaneous things.

If you need skill points, do dungeons. Every group dungeon will give you a skill point when you complete its quest. Every public dungeon has a skyshard hidden somewhere and a group boss that's worth a skill point the first time you kill it.

Thieves Guild has a lot of good skills for earning money. I'd recommend starting it as soon as possible if you have access to it. Same for the Antiquarians in West Skyrim.

I don't recommend spending money on High Isle while it's not on sale but if you do the card game is very good and gives a lot of gold and crafting goods, including style motifs and recipes. Also, the NPC opponents are idiots, they make moves because they can, not because they should.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

7. Morrowind is largely considered to be the best dlc area doubly so if you played Morrowind. Plus Vvardenfel is nothing like LotR inspired western fantasy so it’s unique.

As a Morrowind player it breaks my heart going there and seeing how badly they botched everything.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm surprised a bit by that. Most of what I've heard has been positive. The island is smaller, sure, and not as detailed as Morrowind due to necessity, I imagine, but I enjoy the feels. What don't you like?

It's a lot of little things that when put together kind of ruin the experience. Take the Shrine of Justice, the iconic feature of the Gnisis temple in the original. Instead of being the central feature of the temple's main area, it's just a plaque in the corner somewhere and the ash mask itself is nowhere to be seen (though if we're splitting hairs, the shrine shouldn't even exist for another 300 years when Dagoth Ur awakens and starts spreading the Blight).

A lot of the architecture seems bland and too far removed from what it was in Morrowind. Temples lack the expansive undercrofts, have weird lofts with wooden floorboards, have way too many furnishings and lack the shrines to the saints that were the most prominent feature of the Morrowind versions. The classic layout of Velothi towers like Arvs-Drelen is gone and the textures on the inside walls make them look like completely different buildings.

Minor nitpick but I really don't feel like the fetcherfly golems belong.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should do something like the crafting bag for all the treasure maps and surveys they keep giving us.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That was a productive month of ESO+. My last woodworker trait finished researching and my last jewelry one just started, all that's left is a couple traits on light armor, heavy armor and a few weapons. Just need to finish High Isle for the last Hunding tribute piece and then beat the rest of the founders for the sea elf deck. Cleared a bunch of DLC dungeons so those are done going forward. Got a ton of yellow upgrade mats from the dailies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another crappy crown crate twitch drop, another handful of gems when I come back in half a year.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The main thing from ESO I'd like brought over to FF14 is tokenized logins through my Steam account.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dull brain take: None of ESO is canon
Dull brain take: All of ESO is canon
Dull brain take: Only parts that don't conflict with preexisting lore are canon.
Galaxy brain: The only canon part of ESO is the 37th Lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alucard posted:

Multiverse Brain: CHIM - all of it is canon and not, and you're writing it as you play.

Only if you mod Skyrim to have ESO's questline.