Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SplitSoul posted:

This is one seeks booty.

Long Tail Silver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They felt you weren't tempted enough.
Here's the description on PTS now:

Bodes well to temper fears that this would be nerfed right away.

Holy crap.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

longtimelurker posted:

So even with all the romantic relationships between races, the only successful offspring was Lyris Titanborn? And her giant mother died in childbirth?

I have a spoiler question about the main quest.

I finished the main quest but haven't started the DLC. I do see that Lyris offers a quest which I think leads to a DLC. What happens if you choose to kill her at the end of the main quest? Does someone else offer it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

valuum posted:

You monster!

To answer the question: They really just did a "eh whatever", for both her and Sai, and the emperor is gone no matter what you do. Lyris: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/fl08om/spoilers_what_lyris_titanborn_says_when_you_see/

lol, thanks.

I picked Varen to be the sacrificed since it really seemed like the only fair choice. Kinda funny that they just hand-waved away the big choice, but nothing ever seems to stay dead for long in Tamriel so I guess it makes sense.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

If you already have eso plus is there any benefit to buying the dlc (I know you would own it, but besides that)

You get it now instead of in a year.

Also you get 2 elks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You're talking about the new chapter, High Isle.

Oh whoops

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

There's no SA EU guild. You can use a controller on PC if you want.

If you're on PC sure, just post your @ name and I'll invite you. Not sure what you mean in terms of crafting space in a city? If you want to outfit your house with crafting tables you can buy all the crafting stations with gold from guild traders. Should cost around 500-700k gold total I think. If being in a city isn't important, a number of us have houses with all the crafting tables open to guild members.

How do people get the set crafting tables? And do they not count as furnishings because it seems like there's hundreds of those.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

poo poo I just realized I've been thinking this was the same thing as that 12 piece set.

I wonder if 11 pieces of that and this mythic would be crazy powerful or not.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I don't think that 12 piece set is competitive, so no, not really powerful at all.

The thinking would go: 12 piece set, hmm. Well how about 11+mythic? Well how about 10+mythic+1 piece monster? Well how about 9+mythic+2piece monster? Well now Crafty Aliq/Dragur will get you more of your primary stat. Well now you're down to 4 pieces of Druid which got nerfed and are replaceable with 4 pieces of a bunch of other stuff, and now you're not using Druid's braid at all.

Very good point. Now I want 12 mythics!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So many people logged on to play the new card game the whole darn thing crashed.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

the panacea posted:

Someone talk me out of buying this tiki bar on a volcano.

I will not.

Do you want to die NOT having bought a tiki bar on a volcano??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Doctor Zero posted:

IMO the best way to play the game is to be a murder hobo and just wander around exploring until you find something interesting.

I'm doing Cadwell's Gold right now, haven't touched the dlc yet, but it's fun walking into a village like Caine from Kung Fu and someone asks if I can help them with their petty bandit problem or something and I'm like, "Dude, I've killed gods. I can handle your dumb village's problem."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lysandus posted:

Is there a bug that causing me to get a notification that the guild message changed everyday, or is some turd actually changing it everyday?

In my experience it's turds.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lysandus posted:

Well this was a first for me.

Cuddles-With-Strangers

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

fyi, If anyone plays on Game Pass there is a perk this month for ESO. A ram mount, some face tattoo, and 2 crates.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I still don't know if I'm light weaving well. I THINK I am, but maybe I suck at it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm curious if this will just means fights will be extended in length if skills do lesser over a longer time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I finally got to Craglorn and the main quest is bugged on PS and Xbox. I guess it was bugged on PC also but it was fixed in the last patch. So THAT sucks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Everyone seems to be very mad, but I'm not smart enough to judge.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I just got a diamond achievement on ESO. Only 3.98% of players completed the opening quest for the Thieve's Guild. I know it's dlc but that seems crazy low!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hector Delgado posted:

New patch on PlayStation, like the changes so far lol

and it lets me spend them too.

Double edit - Relogging in fixed it, but maybe I'm actually champion level 180000 :shrug:

Stupid Champion bar holding you back from being a living god.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I assume you aren't on xbox but if you are it's free on Game Pass.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Count Thrashula posted:

So I started a character today and made it to level 15 as a Stamplar. I may have put uh... 10 hours into the game today.

I made it to Daggerfall and suddenly there's like 500 quests and I'm super overwhelmed. Should I just prioritize the "main quest" stuff in my journal, and just level up in random other quests until more main quests pop up?

Edit-- thanks for all the advise so far, I've really been loving this so far.

If you care about going in order one way not to be overwhelmed in the major cities is to not let anyone whisk you away to a secondary location out of the zone you're in. Most of that is dlc. If going in order doesn't matter to you then go nuts.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MH Knights posted:

For alts, part of me wants to do the initial "breadcrumb" quests for the DLC/expacs so I don't have "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!!!" screamed at me constantly.

I've been going in order, done Cadwell's Silver, Gold, Craglorn, Thieve's Guild, and halfway through Dark Brotherhood. I am so close to being able to go up to that lady and yell "WHAT!!!??? WHAT DO YOU WANT??????"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm working my way through Craglorn, Thieves Guild, and Brotherhood, bout to start Wrothgar. Apparently these are considered dlc as opposed to "chapters" for the other stuff. What difference in size should I expect for the chapters? Bout the same as Craglorn, big? Smaller? hopefully not as small as the guild ones.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

About the size of base game zones. Craglornish, is fair, but Craglorn is weird with the group events. Definitely much bigger than the two guild ones. Wrothgar is actually a protochapter, so it's about the size of a chapter.

Awesome, thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So... what the gently caress is this "medium weaving" I'm suddenly hearing about?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mercurius posted:

“Medium attacks” are where you hold the button (instead of tapping it for a light attack) but you release it before it fully charges to a heavy attack and automatically goes off. It’s technically a heavy attack (there’s no actual medium attacks) but it doesn’t restore resources the way a fully charged version does.

Empower isn’t going to be increasing light attacks in the next patch, just heavy. It’s also going to be changing from a 40% boost to 80%. Oakensoul will permanently give Empower.

Medium weaving will be taking advantage of Empower applying to Heavy Attacks (and not just fully charged Heavy Attacks) to weave “medium” attacks in between other abilities instead of light attacks.

E: Now that I think about it I think this is something that was around when I started back in Tamriel Unlimited before Light Attacks were changed.

In my experience it’s easier to do with Bows, Dual Wield (specifically Daggers) and Inferno Staves than other weapons just due to how their animations work.

Thanks. I dunno how i feel about that. I'm never quite sure I ever get light weaving perfect anyway.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Free trial is up until the 29th if you've been meaning to check the game out. Also if you have inventory issues make 9 alt accounts and get yourself a personal guild bank
https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/free-trial

Crowns are on sale too.

I would do the account thing but making 9 separate xbox accounts just for this sounds like madness.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Does anyone know if there's any difference in the RNG between clearing Fungal Grotto a thousand times versus harder/longer dungeons when it comes to dropping stuff for the Undaunted festival?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

valuum posted:

To anyone else who's been on the fence; high isle is 50% off right now.

Also got a lil bit of a festival going on in high isle. In case you had your eye on that daggerfall costume for awhile.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I've only been playing for a year, is it typical for ESO to announce the new zones/chapter in January like they did with High Isle?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Yes. Expect little info until some tease in late December and some kind of looking back/looking forward new year letter from the devs about the state of the game, then an announcement in mid-late jan about the new chapter and around the same time an announcement of the next dungeon dlc to hit pts late jan/early feb for release in march.

Awesome. Thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Now that's a lizard!!

Also has anyone been screwed with festival boxes? I'm getting them like 25% of the time from wb, harrowstorms, etc. Isn't it supposed to be a guaranteed drop?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

PatentPending posted:

I’m not following any one specific build guide, but I looked a bunch and a lot of them tended to use a lot of both this Briarheart stuff and the Hunding’s Rage set, which apparently you can just craft so I’m not super worried about right now.

So I figured getting sets of those 2 would be a good way to nudge me into effectivity.

If you're on xbox I can craft you hunding's rage. You need to have a certain amount of traits unlocked to craft it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Snowy posted:

Most guilds don’t chat a lot in my experience

I love my helpful but antisocial MMO.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The best side quest is in Morrowind. the daughter who wants to join the Morag Tong. It felt like 5 times the size of a regular side quest.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

They should do something like the crafting bag for all the treasure maps and surveys they keep giving us.

This or one for the furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Get your Telvanni hats out folks, we're going back to the motherland.

No Argonians Allowed :smugdog:

Oh crap, a new class? That'll be interesting.