Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hector Delgado posted:

New class looks fun, really happy with this expansion

Really interested in how that portals power works. Looks fancier than what ESO normally has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Defenistrator posted:

I got the ESO free trial but the DLCs are still locked behind crowns. I thought DLC was supposed to be free?

Have you tried just going to the dlc zones? I don't know if you need to go to the store for anything.

Doctor Zero posted:

They're free if you subscribe to ESO+

There's a free trial going on right now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hector Delgado posted:

ESO for me feels like the main character is an idiot the way he repeats everything.

NPC "I need you to find the argent key and unlock the tomb"

MC "You want me to find the argent key and unlock the tomb?"

NPC "Yes, it's an important location for our ceremony"

MC "Can you explain what's going on again?"

I like reading it as the main character being very sarcastic and/or annoyed with all the requests.

edit: One of the fun thing about being so overpowered is when you waltz into a town and someone needs you to rescue their sheep from a bandit but they're worried you'll be killed and it's like bitch I have been to planes of existence you've never even heard of and fought gods. I can get your dumb sheep back.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Good resource, thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MH Knights posted:

The trumpet solo emote has sound and I cannot wait hear every single city sound like a vuvuzela convention.

I will be doing my part. The poor citizens of Riften.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Picked this up a little over a week ago and... it's surprisingly similar to a single-player Elder Scrolls game. Sure there's a ton of microtransaction bullshit and it kind of weird to see glowing aliens rushing around out in the middle of nowhere, but for the most part it's quite fun.

Main issue would be the trading system. It's practically impossible to sell anything to players unless you're in a player-run trade guild, and there don't seem to be any that will take people who only want to sell things with 0 other responsibilities or interactions (they all have requirements of either sales quotas, dues, or specific activity requirements). You can't even create your own trade guild to sell stuff because it requires a minimum of 50 people.

I guess the devs just really want people to grind for stuff personally instead of being able to easily get it from other players. Or maybe it's a roundabout anti-bot method? Either way it's a real pain in the rear end.

There's some weirdo guilds out there but most are chill. I rarely talk with my main guild, just sell things in the guild store. There's weekly dues of 15k which seemed completely staggering when you start the game but is inconsequential later on.

But yeah, a week in you aren't going to have much to sell. I make most of my gold with motifs and that's something you can't really do in the first week of playing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MH Knights posted:

Uh, didn't we just have a Whitestrake's Mayhem event a month ago? I usually ignore PvP events but did the last one to get the costume since it actually went with my character's theme.

They kinda got smooshed together because server upgrade work delayed the first.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Went and traveled to Cyrodil the other day and... what the gently caress even is that hell? It's massive and the daily quests send you off into the heart of enemy territory, a 10 minute or so ride away, with no way to get back (besides suicide by wild beast/cliff). The +30% mount speed doesn't help at all.

How is anyone even supposed to complete the 'capture 3 keeps' or 'capture an elder scroll' one when one alliance controls 90% of the territory?

When you're stuck far away in Cyrodil just join the Imperial City campaign and then pop back into Cyrodil. Vice versa too.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Simone Poodoin posted:

Makes sense, was just surprised at how many people were there. I also saw some bots(?) farmin mudcrabs, was pretty weird to see the crabpocalypse all of a sudden.

I was so confused when I first got there and the dolmens were popping off non-stop. They're the closest to the wayshrines in any zone which is way they get grinded.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Saraiguma posted:

ESO plus, the latest expansion which doesn't come with ESO plus (idk if Necrom is the first to do this or it's always been like this) and honestly just 2 armory slots and having to go back home every time you want to change your build both seemed stifling to me.

If you have ESO+ the expansions will show up a year after relesse so you just gotta wait. Also ESO+ comes with crowns that you can use to buy armory slots.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dick Trauma posted:

Was disappointing to find that the main Bleakrock quest is bugged, and having found 9 of the 10 missing NPCs I'm bummed that the only fix is to abandon the quest and start over to make the 10th person reappear. I shouldn't be surprised at bugs in a Bethesda game but still... it's annoying.

oh man that sucks. especially on that quest. I think I've only ran into one quest-breaking bug in the game, but it was busted for a month or so before they patched it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Just found out the Gryphon Run boss in Summerset is broken in the most spectacular fashion.

Apparently, it used to be bugged so that it it never respawned when killed. Now, however, it has the annoying tendency to respawn DURING the fight... making it impossible to kill unless you have truely massive DPS.

Bug fixing at its finest.

That boss is a bitch at the best of times. That'd be incredibly frustrating.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Here's a dumb question. Are all the Taunt skills specifically labeled as such? Like there wouldn't be a Taunt skill I'd accidentally use as a stamblade DD, right?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Potato Salad posted:

That's soft taunt. Basically, cuz this game doesn't have aggro, they will have enemies attack somebody on the following list of priority:

1) whoever they are scripted to attack based on the mechanics of the fight at that time

2) the person who taunted

3) whoever did damage to them first in the prior 15 second window

4) basically at random, whoever had a heal tick or some damage tick in the group and they latch on to that as the instigating thing

so your tanks will basically run around in a place real quick, smack a bunch of people with AOE to get (3) started for group safety, then spend their cooldowns getting everybody who they need hard taunted locked down per (2)

importantly for anybody who plays DPS or healing, the only way for you to be a victim of a pull instadeath volley is if you start attacking and invite condition (4) upon yourself. wait for everything to be smacking on the tank, then go wild. not that different from any other MMO

This is really valuable. Thank you.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

A Real Horse posted:

How much of a pain is getting Oakensoul? I’m not there yet, but I know when I hit max level I’m headed in that direction since I’m Old, Bad, and Lazy. It looks like it’s just a matter of getting the leads to drop, but I’m not sure how rng those are.

I don't remember it being that much of a problem. The leads seem to drop pretty generously as long as you know where to look.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Also Pale Order is a near necessity for soloing world bosses and the like. At least for me. Obviously not that helpful in groups.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Simone Poodoin posted:

Ah poo poo the last lead I need for the pale order ring drops from wrothgar world bosses, gonna have to find a group for that cause I can't solo those.

King-Chief Edu is probably the easiest wb and a lot of people usually wander in during the busy hours just because it drops the Pale Order lead. Although I've always had very good success in just asking in chat for help. Even at 2am in a dlc zone usually someone will come help.]

That ring is a game changer.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dick Trauma posted:

It's very strange to see Solitude again. When I entered the city I expected to see a crowd gathered for an execution.

That's where you turn in your crafting dailies and I think of that every time I do it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Couple new things from the Update Preview stream:

Endless dungeon looks awesome, available for everyone, not dlc. Solo or duo/companion ranking boards. There are roguelite elements where you can pick buffs after every stage, some permanent.

Jewelry crafting becoming a lot cheaper. Getting rid of grains.

And Activity Finder has been expanded to include other options than Dungeons including Trials!! yay!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Also Necrom event at the end of the month has a reward of :siren: a new house! :siren:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pontificating rear end posted:

Does this mean jewelry will sell for less? Listing jewelry for $1k each is my bread and butter

Like gold jewelry? Probably yeah. They're bringing the cost more in line with other crafting. If I understood it correctly chromium grains are gone and they're exchanging any grains you have to plating on a 1=1 scale.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If any of you have the Necrom chapter but haven't been doing the festival make sure to get your free house from the store within the next week or so!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Ran into someone in a daily battlegrounds match (a stealth build of some kind) that could reduce their opponent's Max HP to like 20% for 5+ seconds. Needless to say if you couldn't kill them before they hit you with whatever it was that did that, you were dead (and they used it against multiple players in quick succession).

Anyone know what it was? Basic google searching isn't turning up much beyond Glyphs of Decrease Health.

I've seen those health bars shrink in size in both PvP and PvE but I have no idea how it happens.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pontificating rear end posted:

After a storied history of pickpocketting, I've nabbed my greatest score ever

It's beautiful (definitely selling that poo poo)

oh man I didn't even know that was a thing! I want one.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I just had a cute moment running into a stranger in the same outfit as me.

I was on my bank alt "Dremora Caitlin" who wears the seducer outfit dyed bright purple, and happened across a random guy also wearing that outfit dyed the same purple. We cheered and did some emotes at each other for a minute.

Those are both awesome looking!

I need to get more colorful with my outfits.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Scribing system seems kinda bland on first look, honestly. The Housing thing they're teasing might be increased furnishing limits so that's pretty neat for the housing gamers.

Increased furnishing limits or furniture bag! I'd love a furniture bag.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Newsman posted:

Coming back after a break since update 35ish and every time I log out I get an unexpected error that occurs that takes 10-15 minutes to clear. Does this happen to anyone else?

Accidentally hit logout or quit from the character select menu and it seems like it locks me out for a good 10 minutes.

Nope. Maybe make sure you're all patched up?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ewe2 posted:

I have ESO plus and it wouldn't give it to me, "come back in 24h" or some such guff. Maybe there's a bug if you already completed the zone too.

edit: after 12hrs this seems to have been fixed and I've been able to claim it. Perfect timing to get that last boss and the onyx accent stones

I wasn't able to claim it until today but last night the clock had already locked me out of the last day's rewards of the month like 5 hours early. Not gonna cry over 3k tel var stones, but welp.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I guess everyone else already knew this, but dang Wrothgar is so fun. The zone story quest had me hooked, I love that it was paced with assumptions that I would sometimes want to just go out and do other things in the zone.

Yeah, zone story quest owned.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What does everyone think about the new dungeons? I like that they are a solid challenge but aren't nightmares like some of the dlc dungeons are.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Offkorn posted:

Oh, is it normal for them to give the dungeon DLC away for free to anyone with ESO+ on release? Thought it was incredibly strange that both the normal and deluxe versions were 0 crowns.

I don't think so. ESO+ always gets it as part of the sub, but I think actually getting it as a gift to own is different. But they gave away Orsinium earlier this month so maybe they're going hog wild for the anniversary.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If it were a PVP achievement sure, I could see your point. But yes I consider hanging out with people while pieing each other and killing each other in cyro to be silly poo poo in line with "Throw 10 Pies at Guards anywhere but Cyrodiil" or "Festoon 20 players with cherry blossoms during the Jester's Festival." The achievement has conditions and they were met without exploiting any game systems or paying anyone.

I view the achievement as "had a silly time in cyro with pies and kills." You seem to view it as "has the skill and pvp experience to time pieing and killing in a coordinated way". I feel like my interpretation is inline with the Jesters festival and the rest of its achievements.

You're correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ewe2 posted:

1 master writ to go before I can buy glass! And about 6 days to go on my triune ring so I can get rid of some pesky master writs hanging about.

Does anyone have a tip about a purple thing I can steal to fence for Embers Favour? I've done everything else but all I can find right now is blue stuff and all the stupid guides tell me there's wonderful things in in places like Vvardenfell but I went to Vox and there was nothing there! And all the nobles in Leyawijn are too suspicious (I have 17 legerdemain, so pickpocketing is doable). Went to Wayrest, I couldn't find a safebox in half the places people claimed there were.

I have a great tip for Ember. Just steal some white or green level weapon or armor from some shop and then upgrade it to purple then fence. :science:

Also, congrats on almost getting glass!