Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
There's some interesting balance in the 2-bar system which works for pve and pvp. However, if they're gonna make a system where you have to switch hotbars, it better drat well switch bars in 1 frame. The little delay which stops you from switching too fast makes the whole system feel clumsy, and mars the entire experience. Then you're like "well I'll get used to it because I like the game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Error 404 posted:

Some buffs for nb and sorc will now give a passive buff on both bars even if they are on backbar, instead of needing to be front or both.

Thank you, this is really helpful information, I missed the change. I wish the game would tell me this stuff!

Separately, is it just me, or does this game have basically no higher-level gameplay? I dont understand how to get legendary or higher level loot, maybe from trials? That doesnt sound practical for solo players. And apparently the only way to get epaulets/pauldrons for 2-item-sets is to run hard-mode bosses on veteran dungeons... but my char isnt viable for veteran until I get better gear in the first place?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ok well that made everything clear, so I was able to finish the stormfist set, and have 3 sets complete on my char at a time now. I'm guessing the sets' weapons are rare to drop? Dont have many of them

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 23, 2023

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

All your info made it easy to actually make a build. Here's what I got, nothing fancy, but running Shipwright's Regret for the dagger was easy enough. It does well enough at PvP, but mostly for clearing mobs of course

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Error 404 posted:

Nice!

One thing I will note is that procs cannot proc other procs. So when choosing sets make sure you have skills, enchants, etc that will set your stuff off.

Alright, this is probably the last bit of info I needed, I didnt even think about it. I'm gonna switch out the storm-cursed back to the combat physician set I was using for now; since it synergized with Refreshing Path

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Simone Poodoin posted:

Millet comes in special sacks like flour and saltrice do so keep an eye out for those, also maybe you can search which guild trader has some if you're on pc

Yeah go to trader markets, guild/traders, and steal from the sacks around them (the open sacks with food in them will be most likely). I have tons of millet because I love 2 steal. Hell, I'm stealing right now!

speaking of stealing and the market

if you are a fan of thievery, you've seen these a hundred times and ignored them, but you can sell them for $1000 each on the market haha

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 3, 2023

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
FURTHERMORE, I'm not sure how well-known this is, but you can buy all these sets on the market for a nominal price and reduce your stealth radius to about 2 feet.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The dungeon finder is a nice feature, you can queue for quick dungeons with decent rewards and xp. I've run so many random dungeons I have a lot of sets collected upto the point of the weapons, which makes it easy to run them for jewelry + weapon set pieces which can complete a set's effect disregarding the armor type.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Well, after you do the quest, that's a pretty efficient way of beating a dungeon!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

1glitch0 posted:

Jewelry crafting becoming a lot cheaper. Getting rid of grains.

Does this mean jewelry will sell for less? Listing jewelry for $1k each is my bread and butter

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

1glitch0 posted:

Like gold jewelry? Probably yeah. They're bringing the cost more in line with other crafting. If I understood it correctly chromium grains are gone and they're exchanging any grains you have to plating on a 1=1 scale.

You can always list any jewelry on the traders for $1k and it will sell and I dont even know why. You get a lot of white 'platinum rings' etc which I figured people deconstructed for the platinum, but it works for any jewelry

edit: Apparently you can sell purple jewelry for $10k each I've definitely missed out a couple hundred thousand gold on that one haha :qq:

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 15, 2023

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Here's some common items that consistently sell on guild traders if anyone is interested. It makes the loot game a bit more interesting

Any jewelry: $1k
Purple jewelry: $10k
-
White armor/weapons (rubedo etc) with intricate trait: 400g
-
Most Alchemy items: 250-600g or more
Columbine: 4k - 4.5k (makes 4 top-notch potions)
-
Decorative Wax: $1k

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Offkorn posted:

Ran into someone in a daily battlegrounds match (a stealth build of some kind) that could reduce their opponent's Max HP to like 20% for 5+ seconds. Needless to say if you couldn't kill them before they hit you with whatever it was that did that, you were dead (and they used it against multiple players in quick succession).

Anyone know what it was? Basic google searching isn't turning up much beyond Glyphs of Decrease Health.

I've seen this, maybe it'is a bug where the bars are supposed to shrink to 0 because you died, but then you dont actually die for some reason. Although sometimes it seems like a few of these sweaty BG nerds know 0-day exploits that other people dont know about, because the mechanics and damage sources are so ambiguous. Google a mechanic and there's basically no information about it, yet there's people who have put in 9,000 hours certainly who know things nobody else does.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Dick Trauma posted:

I'll never play the archives but I'm laughing at the thought of a "sheep event."

I played it once and honestly won't ever play it again. I thought it would be a mode where you get overwhelmed by more-and-more enemies, but it's the same old "fight this small group of enemies" thing the game has always been. And it's soooo slow. The ESO trudge of taking portals and waiting for enemies of to spawn is alive and well in Endless Archive!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Offkorn posted:

With all the people farming Atoll for the Deadlands event, you'd think they'd know the boss mechanics by now.

But no, they just keeping attacking the invincible boss while ignoring the adds. Or they interrupt his big wind-up attack so he gets to go invincible again just as we're about to kill him.

Also, the Annihilarch motif droprate is loving abysmal.

The dungeon finder is always chill for me because I never expect anyone to know the jank-rear end mechanics. These bosses rely on the thinnest gimmicks built around unclear stage transitions, and a clunky interaction system. Sometimes you will get a text warning, but most times you will get nuked and remember to do something differently next time. Dont get me wrong, I like it a lot, but the inconsistency in boss design means there's no language the player learns to inherently understand the mechanics

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kagrenac posted:

On PC you can use add-ons to call everything out for you and it's expected of you in harder content but I feel like almost everything is telegraphed pretty well.

I have a lot of mods, but as far as I found they have this for trials but not the dungeon finder, ie vet dungeons

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kagrenac posted:

CrutchAlerts, CodesCombatAlerts, and OdySupportIcons cover pretty much everything outside of trials.

Thanks "alerts" is the keyword I was missing on this one. That ESOUI site seems like a relic in itself, like I'm searching for modding scrolls or some poo poo. Anyway, this makes the vet runs feel a lot more fair because at least you know something is coming.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
After a storied history of pickpocketting, I've nabbed my greatest score ever

It's beautiful (definitely selling that poo poo)

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Electric Sugar posted:

Oooh, what finally dropped it for you?

Always thought it might be "fun" to try farming for Morrowind Banner of the 6th House...

Just a random pickpocket, specifically in Windhelm outside the mages guild there's a bunch of drunk people who have 100% pickpocket chance I hit up a lot. I've never got anything close to that valuable, didnt even think you could.

I've gotten the skooma bubbler itself which sells for about 25k but even that is pretty rare

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Error 404 posted:

Nightblade, you place dots, you cast your buffs, you watch timers because they're all different and need to be babysat, and use your spammable. At 5 light attacks your resolve proc is ready and you cast it, it's your heaviest hitting ability, class and set bonuses work to make it hit as hard as possible. Then in execute you use your killer's blade.

My character ended up up Vampire Nightblade to fill out the second ultimate slot with Vampire Lord transformation, and, as shallow as ESO can be, I've never had a character fit my playstyle better. It's a loving awesome character. This was my first MMO and the character progression paces pretty well to about CP 1000. So if anyone is wondering, I could recommend this game easily to anyone; the biggest flaw is quests are literally formulaic to the point of becoming mind-numbing after a while. I haven't played Necrom but I'm guessing that's a step in the right direction for questline content.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 10, 2024

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kyro posted:

Are there any active goon guilds to join on Xbox NA server?

I'd recommend using the guild finder, and joining upto 5 guilds at a time that sound like they fit your playstyle. Leave any guilds you dont mesh with after a bit, then find new ones. People are usually pretty nice!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kyro posted:

You’re right, but I’m mostly wanting to avoid being on a mic in trials or cyrodiil with kids &etc. The public groups on Xbox are too annoying to really consider, plus the last time I tried trials the team fell flat early on

There's bound to be console players who wanna do the same thing, just check the guild motd and you can tell if it's a mature community. I havent done trials or arenas because I figure it needs a minimum of communication. One of my guilds sometimes sends mail that there's going to be a trial anyone can join where discord is optional. I'll probably join a guild who aims to do those things without needing voice chat, but there's always a chance you meet people you actually want to talk to.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Offkorn posted:

Ran into someone in a daily battlegrounds match (a stealth build of some kind) that could reduce their opponent's Max HP to like 20% for 5+ seconds. Needless to say if you couldn't kill them before they hit you with whatever it was that did that, you were dead (and they used it against multiple players in quick succession).

Anyone know what it was? Basic google searching isn't turning up much beyond Glyphs of Decrease Health.

So I dedicated my ESO career to solving this, though I dont do much PVP, I believe this is from Minor Mangle causing you to lose 10% max HP- the effect of the HP bar shrinking over-represents the amount your HP shrunk. Any bleed damage attack can proc Hemorrhaging status which applies Minor Mangle and bleed damage for 4s. Presumably on the first hit if bleed is applied you could lose 10% HP right off the bat and get hit for some large chunk of damage at the same time.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 12, 2024

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Does anyone know, if you were to cast a damage-over-time spell on an enemy, then buffed your spell damage-- would the damage ticks start to do damage based on your new spell damage, or is it based on the rating when you first casted it?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Fuligin posted:

just logged in for the first time since like 2018 and find that all my nightblade's skill points have been reset. any good sites for pve build suggestions?

My NB ended up looking like this AOE build:
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/

Some of those skill choices are questionable, imho replace skills like Dark Shade, Harness Magicka, Channeled Acceleration with Magic DoT attacks or destruction staff skills, and replace Magelight with Shadowy Disguise. You can choose which destruction staff you want to use for your secondary bar, and put daggers on your main. It's a really flexible build though, I ended up putting my stat points into stamina and being a bit of a stamblade as well.

Become a vampire for bonus points, and you can sneak an Arterial Burst attack between 2 light attacks and you get a 3-hit volley as a main light attack.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pontificating rear end posted:

So I dedicated my ESO career to solving this, though I dont do much PVP, I believe this is from Minor Mangle causing you to lose 10% max HP- the effect of the HP bar shrinking over-represents the amount your HP shrunk. Any bleed damage attack can proc Hemorrhaging status which applies Minor Mangle and bleed damage for 4s. Presumably on the first hit if bleed is applied you could lose 10% HP right off the bat and get hit for some large chunk of damage at the same time.

Furthermore, this could likely be from the Pillar of Nirn set which causes you to bleed over 10 seconds, which has a chance to make you Hemmorage every second
https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/pillar-of-nirn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Big update just came out
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65641

Seems to be some updates under-the-hood, for instance you can jump with sprinting now, this is actually huge