Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I believe we already know there's going to be a four show crossover one week and then a separate crossover with Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They did a good job featuring Superman enough to establish him as part of this world and then shipping him back to Metropolis because this is Supergirl.

I still think part of the reason they cast such a physically underwhelming Superman was to really make sure he didn't overshadow Supergirl. They played up how Winn and others were in awe of him but otherwise he was really presented like Kara's equal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James wasn't just some random photographer. He was a department head who would sit in on Cat's important meetings and stuff.

Yeah, its tv logic that he was the first choice to replace her because he's the character we know, but its realistically no different than if a random character was introduced as the head of some other department and got the gig.

Its convenient but who the hell cares about the hiring and promotion habits of a fake corporation in a TV show?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WarLocke posted:

It's not like we ever see Cat doing anything. Kara could probably run CatCo...

I'll be honest, I don't REALLY know what CatCo is.

Some general multi-media corporation of some kind? They had at least one dinky radio station and a women's magazine? And I guess there's a TV station even though we never see any of the staff or talent or anything? Uhhh... maybe a website? Cat seemed to be an editor who decided what stories made air... print... uh... online?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mostly my thing is if they know about planets in other solar systems how come they don't know about alien bars and police units in their own city?

There's apparently enough of a transient alien community in National City to keep a bar afloat and fire lady implied she just planet hops with what I assume is a space ship. The DEO should be all Men in Black setting flight plans and poo poo but instead J'onn JUST found out that there's an alien bar where another Martian works. And that only happened by dumb chance because his partner got sexually curious.

I'm just having fun at their expense since I enjoy this show enough to look past it. I just think its funny how the DEO clearly seemed to be a poorly thought out idea completely constructed around Kara and the Kryptonians so as they expand their world they look really incompetent.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its just a thing online where everyone wants everyone to be gay. Kara/Benoist's got chemistry with everyone.

Pixelante posted:

She's probably super grateful for having made it out of the moist garbage fire that was Glee.

I quit Glee before she showed up so every time I'm reminded of this it blows my mind all over again. Like, I can't imagine one of the original Glee Kids as Supergirl at all. They're too tainted for me.

BrianWilly posted:

Sure but like, just because pressure is being put on the police doesn't mean it gets put on the "FBI" as well; they're separate departments. The minute Maggie said her hands were tied Alex should've been like "Well, mine aren't. Sic 'em, Supergirl." If Roulette then reveals that she somehow has leverage over the DEO, aka an organization that seems to be authorized by the White House itself...well, that's another thing, but as it stands it just seems like Alex (and Kara, earlier) rolled over too easily on this front.

Urrghgg I should just stop thinking about this so hard.

The clear way the DEO seems to work is under the premise that aliens have no rights so they can do whatever they want with them. Humans are a different story which is why they were crossing a line when they threw Max Lord into their secret prison because they were violating all that Constitutional stuff. I'm guessing Roulette isn't considered a serious enough danger to cross that kind of line with since she's really nothing more than someone rich and connected enough to nab some aliens and convince them to fight. She's less super villain and more super scumbag.

Now granted, the President signing an Aliens Right Act would seem to change things for the DEO and theoretically that's why it was illegal for Roulette to do what she did and Maggie was able to arrest her. But if she's got the strings to get those charges dropped then we're still back to the DEO having to work within the system with humans, and if we assume the Supergirl works anything like ours its safe to assume that the Alien Right Act is going to be mired in years of debates, court hearings, appeals, and ultimate a Supreme Court ruling. And who knows if Supergirl's Earth's Scalia is dead or alive?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pixelante posted:

I didn't watch much of it, but I think her plots involved having an obese mother and getting an eating disorder because a cheerleader was mean. (I keep getting reminded of Glee every time Mark Salling gets another criminal charge for being a sexual predator. He's now a pedophile AND a rapist!)

See? Glee poisoned them all. I don't know how Supergirl survived.

I'm not watching that video because I don't want to ruin my ignorance and get the Glee stink on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James' character move makes sense but the idea of a Guardian level hero in a circle that already includes not only Supergirl but J'onn J'onz and Mon-El just makes it awkward. Its fine to have Green Arrow running around in the same world as the Flash because they have their own cities and flows but it would be much harder to balance those two in the same show. James is going to have to deal with a more streets and hoods element that runs totally separate from Kara or else she just makes him irrelevant. It will be interesting to see if they can make that work. But from a pure character perspective I think it makes sense for James.

I also like that Wynn has just transitioned into DEO character. Yeah, it sidelines him a bit but it gives him more agency of his own and a proper place in this world without just being the sidekick with a crush on Kara. That's the thing James is now searching for.

I'm mostly cool with the fact that this season seems less about Kara finding her place in this world and more about everyone else doing it from James' vigilantism to Alex's identity crisis to J'onn struggling with his own alien-ness to Lena's desire to salvage her family name. Kara's found her Supergirl groove so its just the world around her that is adjusting now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sara seducing Kara while Kara is all "Wow, you're so friendly" is pretty much ideal.

Im enjoying all the shows. Arrows the most fun for me at the moment just because its trying something different and interesting. Legends is probably my least favorite but its figuring out how to lean in on its goofiness so it's fun popcorn viewing. Flash and Supergirl are mostly doing their thing, which is fine but the season arcs haven't hooked me in. But I'm enjoying it all and looking forward to the crossover.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 12, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Binary Logic posted:

Um, Supergirl could show up out of nowhere and be nosy at crime scenes and such. No excuse needed.

Yeah, I think that's the thing. I'm fine with the traditional explanation of why Clark/Kara have the secret identity it's just that the show has made it pretty unnecessary. Supergirl is embraced by the city and Alex has a badge so any advantages being a reporter give seem moot. And Kara's established this entire circle of family and friends that have everything to do with her alien life and has absolutely no one outside of it.

This is kind of an adverse effect of Cat leaving the show since she supposedly didn't know and Kara clearly deeply valued having her in her life. With her gone its not clear what Kara's getting from CatCo. It doesn't help that the reporter angle came out of nowhere and has gone nowhere in the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I almost feel like the only thing keeping Kara there and on the reporter thing is her commitment to Cat's vision for her. She values Cat so much that she'd probably be scared of disappointing her by quitting.

Ideally at some crucial point of time Cat will show back up, give Kara a pep talk, and admit shes always known shes Supergirl and couldn't be prouder. So Kara is let off the hook on what she feels she owes Cat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tree Dude posted:

I would swear this basically already happened but now the show is mostly acting like it didn't so maybe it's just me.

It did. Cat figured out she was Supergirl and decided the CatCo job was only holding her back from her true purpose as a hero. But then J'onn posed as Supergirl so Kara could convince Cat they weren't the same person. Cat either believed it or recognized Kara needed her secret so just went with it.

The difference is Kara was at a different place back then. Her civilian life was still a huge part of her identity and she was still coming to terms with being Supergirl and an alien. Now she's found her groove and her whole world is basically the DEO and Supergirl. So if Cat were in the same position now she'd probably once again think CatCo is holding her back and Kara MIGHT be at a place where she agrees.

I doubt it because as said the secret identity and nerdy reporting thing is hard wired into the show DNA. But it would make a lot of sense for National City to be going through a crisis, Kara be torn between her duties as Supergirl and Snapper's instance she do her job, and Cat shows up to tell her to set her priorities and help her understand she doesn't need CatCo anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really see Clark and Kara as the same character. Clark was raised human, was a reporter before he became Superman and built his whole circle of family and friends around it, and ultimately had a whole established career and life by the time he ever had a chance to reasonably choose to walk away from it.

Kara's always been different. She was raised on Krypton and with the knowledge of a universe of alien races. Shes starting this reporter thing after she's established herself as Supergirl and built this circle of friends and family which all comes around her alien and hero identity. The show has gone to great lengths to show Kara seems to love it when she has a Mon El or Flash to socialize with and can lean into her alien or hero-ness.

Clark doesn't have that because he sees himself as human and Clark first and "Kal El" second.

It's totally possible that being a reporter could just be fulfilling enough for Kara to warrant her pursuing it. The show just hasn't done a very good job showing that so far. Right now it feels like she's doing it because she thinks shes supposed to based on what Cat and Clark did.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kara's been "Kara Danvers" for a long time and "Supergirl" for only a year and "Kara Zor El" was hidden for like a decade. So she's just probably naturally most comfortable in the geeky clothes and fake glasses. Its not a secret identity, its her identity she's had since she was a teen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Melissa Benoist's Supergirl having to cope with Lobo seems like such a no brainer. Like, Lobo should appear once every season and every time Kara has a nervous breakdown trying to process/control him.

I never once thought of it before but it seems so obvious now that its been mentioned.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine a lot of the Mon El hate comes less from people shipping Kara/Jimmy or Kara/Wynn and more from the Kara/Lena thing.

The crowd of the internet that ships ostensibly straight characters into gay relationships also seem like the folk who get really angry online. And Supergirl seems to have a slight "Supernatural" tint to its fanbase.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 7, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have a major problem with Jimmy becoming Guardian. The motivation makes enough sense in comic book logic. You spend years being a sidekick to heroes eventually you find that fire to become a superhero. Sure, in real world logic it makes him crazy but in comic book logic its the motivation of most non-powered heroes and pretty much every supporting character on Arrow.

Yeah, they could have done something about journalism being important but considering I've never once bought into the journalism aspect of this show that would have required a lot of work and change. Like, even if I didn't see CatCo as a E!/US Weekly/Entertainment Tonight type of thing they've done a really bad job establishing Kara's motivation to become a reporter or her doing it. Supergirl seems more capable of super heroes than compelling narratives about the heroics of journalism.

But I don't think there's any romantic tension between them. I also don't get that vibe that Kara is into Mon El. Or Lena just to cover all sides. Everyone (including Lena) seems to admire and be somewhat attracted to her, because duh, so that ends up as sexual tension if you're not a relative or a father figure. But she doesn't seem especially into any of them. She's just super open and loving because she's Supergirl.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

teamcharlie posted:

I'm sure a lot of people read Kara's speech to Mon-El as the showrunners/higher ups at the CW trying to keep the pretty blonde female protagonist innocent (i.e. free of semen).

Personally, I prefer to think that the writers had Kara give that super lovely speech to Mon-El (in which she implied that she hates him both personally and because he's poor) after he poured his heart out to her in the last episode, in order to show that deep down, she's really a giant rear end in a top hat.

WHAT? WHAT?!

twistedmentat posted:

Kara did you not learn how to eat a cupcake? You rip the top off and flip it around and smoosh it to the bottom, cupcake sandwich! Not with a fork. Seriously.

What? WHAT?!

Ok, content. Kara didn't want to date Mon El because thus far he's shown himself to largely be a selfish, drunken, womanizer. Its totally fine. Kara's just really bad at letting people down easily. And I kind of wish they had stuck with that instead of going "wait, he isn't an alcoholic? Well maybe you DO have feelings for him!"

I don't understand that cupcake sandwich thing at all though. That's blown my mind.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I was being flip about Mon El. Obviously he's trying to be a better guy because he's crushing on Kara, and clearly he's using Kara as his role model for a good person. But like, Kara already knew Mon El was trying with the super heroing thing which made this week's story feel like "you're a womanizing drunk/actually he hasn't drank in a week/oh, ok, I like you." Which feels very silly and superficial.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Again, I'm being flippant.

I mean, the story is that Kara liked Jimmy but broke up with him because she wanted to focus on being Supergirl but really she also was just protecting herself from heartbreak and she was doing the same with Mon El until Alex gave her "take a chance like I did" speech. It just didn't play for me because it was the silly bar scene at the beginning and then the cliched Alex talk at the end. It just felt very sloppy to me.

But its not a big thing. Just a kind of "CW romantic drama" thing that felt a little plugged in to me.

I was only using the bar thing as a way to be a dismissive jerk about it. I don't actually think Kara changed her feelings because of club soda.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a double edged sword. On one hand, poo poo luck that he landed on the planet that has totally weaponized his secret weakness. On the other hand its also really bad to humans so the planet also created kevlar. So its not all bad.

But yeah, I assume Mon El will find some intergalactic prince purpose by the end of the season or sacrifice himself heroically. I guess that's why I'm not invested in the romance angle even though I like Mon El and their chemistry fine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really have no problem with Jimmy's decision to become Guardian since he's all but said "I'm really loving tired of being the helpless sidekick because I've been doing this way longer than you, Wynn." Its cool, Jimmy. We know this is about years of built up inferiority complex. That's kind of Batman's motivation too, he's just got a better origin story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually like to believe that Alex was mad at Jimmy and Winn because she didn't get the Guardian gear to play with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

Arrow is exactly why James should be dead a dozen-times over. Arrow's little cadre of cohorts is training extensively and still routinely get clowned on.

James is buff, but has no idea how to fight. He's been a photographer. They've never hinted that he had a kickboxing hobby or anything that would allow him to survive street fights. And obviously his super-suit isn't even bulletproof.

Yeah, while Oliver's sidekicks don't have the years of training that he has he does make a point to put them through a daily boot camp. And Arrow's actually more than once shown people like Laurel and Curtis struggling while the ones who excel like Diggle and Rene actually do have extensive background experience.

I don't mind James becoming Guardian but I do agree that its comical how he went from zero to rear end kicker without any transition.

But it doesn't bother me TOO much since they haven't really given him an opponent yet that his armor and gear doesn't theoretically give him the edge on. It seems like the way they're hitting Kara's concern so hard means they're going to go one of two ways. Either James helps her at a key point proving her wrong or he locks up against an alien or someone tougher and proves her right. I could see it going either way but I'd prefer the latter and then maybe James realizing that there's merit in slowing down and working with the DEO/Maggie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

I do like that Arrow's Mr Terrific is like a super marty stu. Olympic decathelete, multi-disciplinary genius who is also a incredibly nice person. But he is a nice person so I do enjoy his character. Of the sidekicks, he's had the most development. Bad Dog or whatever is just a street punk and Rag Man has literal magic on his side. The other lady who betrayed them was getting secret trained by Prometheus.

And, yes, Laural was getting her rear end handed to her until she convinced non-Talia to teach her some moves.

Curtis has the most character development but to be fair he's also been around twice as long as the others. All his backstory was established last season before any of the other characters even existed.

But maybe we should cut down on the spoilers since yours has some fairly big ones. I'm not innocent either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I basically give it a pass because the one clear flaw the show has is a complete and total inability to do anything with character work or storytelling outside of Supergirl and the DEO. So in the end its good that Wynn joined the DEO and James became a vigilante with him because otherwise I'd have to continue to pretend I give a poo poo about anything happening at CatCo since Calista Flockhart left the show.

Sorry, Snapper, but I literally forget you exist between scenes and it took me days to remember who Miss Tessmacher was after her cameo on Flash.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kara defended Lena because that's who Kara is. She's friends with Lena so she gives her the benefit of the doubt.

The rest were all right to look at the evidence and Kara was being stubborn, but that's what she is. And lucky for her its her show so she was right.

Makes her a good superhero, but a really terrible reporter. I'm glad Snapper didn't actually give her any kind of credit for it and just said "yesterday the story was she's guilty, today its that she's innocent."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that was kind of an unnecessary piece of damning evidence that then had be handwaved away. Seems like they could have made a compelling case for Lena's guilt anyway but I guess the show runners wanted to really make sure that Hank, Alex, Winn, and James weren't really in the wrong either. They seemed like they really didn't want either side to be wrong or have to apologize, but that kind of just made Kara stubborn and lucky.

But I'm fine with it because Supergirl is better than the rest of us.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they tried to make that the big thing that Kara pushed as suspicious as she kept bringing up how Clark took all the kryptonite, but it just didn't really resonate through the episode.

I think because none of us would have been surprised if there had just been some more kryptonite "just because."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James was definitely making some dumb arguments but that was keeping with his general approach to Lena which has always been "She's a Luthor! I was there for Lex! Don't make the same mistakes!"

Its unfair and kind of lovely but its consistent with him. James' entire character is basically driven by being hung up on his years as Superman's sidekick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrianWilly posted:

I did actually appreciate him bringing up Lex and Superman's relationship. It adds more background and history to this universe, reinforcing the fact that National City isn't the only city in the world and there was a lot of stuff happening before Kara ever first put on her suit. Especially since this episode was all about exploring the Luthors' history specifically.

...And then James just had to bring it all back around to himself, like, "Why don't you believe in Guardian this much, Kara??" Bitch no one cares

Yeah, its a weird kind of thing because even though they introduced James specifically to create that connection all of Supergirl's enemies have originated with her and not from Clark. That's a good thing for the show and character but it does make you wonder who Superman's fights have been with and why none of that has bled over.

Lena and the mom are the show's first real attempt to draw into that Superman history by giving Supergirl her own version of it that is connected to Lex. If this had been done in S1 James would probably be much more heavily involved in it, but nowadays James is all about Guardian and his relationship with Kara has really broken down over the season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're all deep into baseless speculation but since the idea has been brought IF they bring in Checkmate formed by Lena as a counter to Cadmus/DEO it would be really cool if they introduce Supergirl's Earth's Amanda Waller with the same actress as being in charge after her Earth 1/ARGUS version was killed off in Arrow. Would just be a cool little twist/connection.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FELD1 posted:

It was kind of refreshing to see all the relationship drama work out well in the end. Nice to see Winn get some play.

Poor James...

Jimmy needs to work through some personal stuff by beating up criminals while wearing armor before he can get into a healthy relationship.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not super into the Kara/Mon El relationship but I'll change my mind if they turn out to be one of those couples who always break into public bickering. Then I'll be shipping them forever, because they're hilarious when they do that.

bull3964 posted:

I'm a little confused how we went from super underground alien bar to Winn being able to go to a normal restaurant with an alien.

I mean, Earth people obviously know aliens exist, but I thought the idea of lots of alien refugees was still being kept under wraps by the DEO.

I just feel like I missed a story beat somewhere when aliens just wondering around in public was a thing. I know he was getting a lot of stares in the restaurant, but no one was freaking out "OMG ALIEN CALL SUPERGIRL!"

I assume that there's been a kind of behind the scenes general movement towards alien acceptance. The show has hit it broadly with the Cadmus stuff and Presidential rights bill episode. Between Supergirl becoming the beloved hero of National City and the general political movements I assume that National City has become one of the more tolerant cities to aliens.

Which is to say that I thought the obvious (not even) subtext of the Wynn storyline was that his date expected he was just looking for a thrill and wouldn't risk the social stigmas of dating her publicly, and there's probably quite a few people in that restaurant who were staring at her in disgust but Wynn simply didn't care about them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not "into" Kara/Mon but I'm not sure I ever thought it (or Oliver/Felicity) was "egregious."

Like, its just two perfectly likable characters in a relationship that I'm not personally invested in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think the only reason we're all so cold on Kara/Mon is that the second he showed up it was pretty obvious he was there to be a love interest and he's never really established much character beyond that.

But he's still a nice enough guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chortles posted:

I kind of wish the show further delved into the obvious difference between Kryptonians and other alien races -- namely, that the Kryptonians (and Mon-El) can pass for human -- even if only in some background character on camera admitting that that's why they like Superman and Supergirl so much. Beyond that though a lot of the "serves the plot of the week" tidbits seem like they'd be hella interesting were they taken seriously and elaborated on, otherwise it just feels like a bunch of goodies left on the table.

They touched on it very lightly with J'onn struggling with showing his Martian form after decades of hiding as a human. But yeah, it would be interesting to have them really touch on the probably obvious bigotry towards aliens who look like aliens and how Kara and Mon have it comparatively easy. And it was nice that Wynn never seemed to hesitate at dating the alien who looked different since he had already had a crush on an alien who looked human. He got past whatever bias he might have had nice and easy, but the way they did that restaurant scene I could see it coming up later with this relationship.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bull3964 posted:

I'm really amused that they couldn't uncover a robot arm with a medical scan.

Honestly, all the upper leadership of the DEO needs to be put on administrative leave. When you have both a telepath and someone with x-ray vision get duped by someone who is lying and has body parts replaced, your organization is completely broken.

I understand that they wanted to play the trust card in this episode, but the way they wrote it was terrible because it required the complete negligence of too many characters.

Yeah, that was a real "wait... what?"

But also, Alex and Kara not bringing Mon El and backup, Jeremiah shooting the computers, the simple Mon El pointed out fact of giving Jeremiah high level clearance within 24 hours,

Honestly, I don't care. I don't take this show seriously enough to be hung up on tactical realism sort of stuff. But this episode was really hilarious for the "yeah, that makes no sense if I think about it for 2 seconds."

Oh, comic books.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

On Krypton is this shows A Wizard Did it.

A bit, for sure. But also "a teenage girl got her ears pierced" is like the easiest and weirdest comic nerd "issue" to handwave ever.

Wait until someone asks how she shaves her legs with heat vision or a razor with a red sun strip or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

Wait, what? Kara was a Red Lantern? Where did her rage come from?
(favorite Red Lantern - alley cat)

"Red Son of Krypton" is some alternate universe story where Superman lands in Russia and helps the Soviet Union win the Cold War, or something.

edit: Huh, my bad. I got the wrong reference.