Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Drifter posted:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the MoS/BvS version of Superman, and those movies in their entirety
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Flarrow Earth
Please stop.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

My expectations were low considering it was a Fight Club episode, but it was pretty fun.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

When Cyborg Superman was asking about Medusa, I thought it was the name of the plot device at the end of Season 1. What was that called again?

Also I know this is way late but the Alex/Maggie plot pissed me off. Maggie was completely lovely to Alex, effectively giving her an ultimatum and forcing her to come out when she just seemed totally unsure of things herself. I get that they were going for ~drama~ or whatever but in my eyes it just makes Maggie completely unlikable.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hope that tonight Supergirl finds out that the President is an alien and removes them.

Also that something fun happens on Supergirl's tv show.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is the president in Supergirl still an alien, btw?
Presumably yes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Mon-El's power is being really handsome and dreamy.

Koirhor posted:

So I have been catching up on The Flash finally got to the crossover episode which was good and all but then its says to be continued on Arrow and I'm forced to endure Arrow just for one loving scene only to be told to be continued on legends hah gently caress you not watching that garbage
If it helps at all, Arrow and Legends have been way better than Flash this season.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I thought that was only an ok episode, had it been sandwiched in during the season it would have been perfectly fine, but coming back from a few weeks break it felt somewhat disappointing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I thought that episode went in a really weird direction. Like, it was all set up for the plot to be resolved by Kara and Maggie teaming up to find Alex, but they didn't really. Maggie going to release the father didn't sit well with me, her actions kind of undermined the very valid points she had at the start of the episode. I just feel like the emotional arc of the episode wasn't resolved terribly well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Argue posted:

Don't worry Lena, it was a telemarketer, so it was totally okay for me to answer your phone.
Also don't check your call log plz.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Mon El :smith:

I had a feeling that they were going to write him out at the end of the season, although I guess he's not written out completely since he was left with his own cliffhanger. What is a Boom Tube btw?

I thought the finale was really strong overall, the only downside was the weird lack of James. I thought he'd be Guardian'd up and helping Tiny Superman and J'onn deal with the Daxamites. Kat was great as always, I hope we get more of her next season. Were Alex and Maggie just chilling in the DEO for the whole episode (aside from Alex showing up to watch Supergirl v Tiny Superman)? I thought maybe they'd be out fighting a bit too when the Daxamites attacked during the main event.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

So Kara mentioned that she's single now and Lena is also single...
Please stop. Even if people are joking, there are some really creepy undertones to it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

C'mon guys we've already had "You look like my cousin".

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

LoL, that trailer is literally "HERE'S EVERYTHING WE'VE SHOT THIS YEAR."

But whatever, I'm hype.
The Arrow one was 90% footage from the finale!

I mean, they only went back to shooting a week or two ago I think. Just sucks that it's SDCC or whatever, they have to show something but it's July and they're not back on air until October.

e: Was there a BTS reason why Max Lord never came back? Was it the move to Vancouver?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Fan-fiction writers and fanzine creators helped create fandom as we know it today
You're saying that like it's a good thing.

Fandom has existed for a long time, but in recent years it has become quite insane.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fandom today is a lot different from the halcyon days when Bjo Trimble saved Star Trek from cancellation.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

howe_sam posted:

I'm about halfway through my rewatch of Season 2, and so far I think the biggest missed opportunity is that they've presented Kara as being wrong several times, and then not quite known what to do with that.
Yeah I brought it up during the sort of Kara v Maggie episode where Alex gets kidnapped, they had an opportunity to do something interesting with it, but bizarrely just ended it with "Kara is right, and awesome. Maggie sucks."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

That wasn't my interpretation of the episode at all. It's still Supergirl. She has to save the day.
Yeah but throughout the episode she was being very stubborn, and earlier in the episode it was just making things worse (giving Alex less time to live). I don't feel there was a proper "lesson learned" at all. It just struck me as a weirdly structured episode for US network tv.

Remind me, I know that Maggie (or the others) try a ploy by having J'onn pretend to be the villain's dad. Am I remembering incorrectly, or does Maggie then go and actually break the father out of prison?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

They were but she went back to E2 or something.
"Yeah, I have a girlfriend. :smuggo: She's in Canada a Parallel Earth."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm a week behind so I just watched the Supergirl Cult episode tonight. Thought it was pretty good, I like how they're developing Reign's character. The whole thing is shaping up to be a pretty tragic storyline.

I dislike that they're going to be writing Maggie out, but what can ya do.

I hope that they continue giving James stuff to do, he was good support for Kara in this episode but I feel like in general he hasn't been around too much this season, outside of butting heads with Lena when she bought CatCo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh my god, J'onn as Kara was just superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Man that Worldkiller storyline was a whole big mess. I enjoyed some parts of the story, and a lot of the performances, but it really was a mess. Is Odette Annabell sticking around? I'm assuming from David Harewood's Twitter that he will be. Kind of sad to lose Winn, but I do like Brainy too. It seems like the status quo will be shaken up a bit for Season 4, that's not necessarily a bad thing though.

I hope Lena isn't evil.