Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Guillotine Centaurs.
maybe you should make a mod of the game for fallout 4, or skyrim* (embiggoned skyrim, not the old one.)
Or all 3.
Will it have a high heel system and bouncing tits and rear end?
Do you use havock physics even?
Most importantly, can we gently caress?
somepne mentioned breeding guillotines. so I guess so, can we throw guillotines like pokeballs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Woah, Silly?
A game developer of french games set in the ming dynasty in glorious chinar island says our suggestion on the comedy forum Something Awful, are silly.
:stoke: :iceburn: :trumppop:

where do i sign up?
can you include a steam game of my choice should i find this game lacking?
please make that steam game "My Summer Car"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Marie and Leonce look like weird non anime mutant in an anime "kiyaaaaaa oniiiisan" world.
they've seen things man.
will there be tentacles? I like to think that tentacle rape and bukake are timeless, so I expect so.
By the way, how did this get around the "No Amine's" rule on gbs?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, as this thread title includes the word that the op has decided is no go, will the op block himself? or does sa at large block the op, help me out here...
actually, I'd foreals play a French steampunk version of fft or that game that fft ripped off, (but made by the same guys.)
oh look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQt4S0_XPtI
Also, I think Katana's existed then, and crossbows.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 15, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the author of this thread was aware of how close to our goon hearts "games that are crowdfunded" are, indeed, this very forum having a sub forum devoted to just one crowdfunded game of note, Perhaps this esteemed game maker should spend some time in thiat forum, which, oddly, has no reference to the mechanism for seperating heads from bodies, but rather, cash for jpg's?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, awesome, So I can actually get this running on my atari 1040 stfx?
It will make a change from Captain Blood,
Say, how about Jean Michelle Jarre doing the music for Thermidor?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, hey guys, I'm sorry, I was out buying tequila, what was the thread title changed to, and why does it totally not mention guillotines anymore?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Node posted:

They don't want to seem too proud by boasting about their game's main feature.

Cheers. Hmmm, makes sense, its a shame the let the cat out of the bag already,
I am looking forward to the intricate guillotine customisation options, featuring type of wood, inlays, blade shapes and materials.
basically I want this :

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

Woah, if we do that, how will we be able to be jubilant when op inevitably says "ze guillotiez, zhey are hin!"
someone mentioned Guillotine Go earlier and I am psyched to be a Guillotine trainer,

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

My apologies to everyone for not participating in the thread recently.
The campaign launch is growing near, and we are extremely busy in preparation.

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.
In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters, though I do suggest you take a nice stroll outside, and maybe get some fresh air instead?

Do you know a company called Mirrorsoft?
we published a little game in the west. called tetris.
we published a bunch more.
I worked in the dtp dept.
what, over the past 30 years, became what you do, on machines much more powerful yet fit in your pocket.
you are talking to people who's teats you suckle from.
who's shoulders you scurry around on.

before that, I played games I had to program into my zx spectrum, using basic, on a machine I bought as a kit.

when we say there will be guillotines. by golly. there will be guillotines.
/meltdown.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I heard we could buy Jpgs of Guillotines in Star Citizen. they made over 200 million. hmmmm, and they are not set in revolutionary era france, they just listen to their target audience.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

So yea, if you want to be part of a conversation, learn some basic manners.

If you can't take the banter, stay out of our forums.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
* Some people,
Others just are meanies and don't want you to live down the shame of trying to be edgelords on the somethingawful forums.
plus, lets face it, your artistic director is useless.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe you are answering the previous posters question, sth is the amount of woke, awr is the same for lit, and the answer is, its 50.

hyperdevbox posted:

If you really want to know:

The past 10 months -
1) Development of concept
2) Development of game thus far (programming, 2D/3D designing, music, SFX etc')

The past 4 months -
3) Social networking, forums, website contents
4) Creating contents for crowdfunding page layout in THREE LANGUAGES (images, text, pitch videos, perks etc')
5) preparing press kits

Future -
5) Run crowdfunding campaign (at least a month)
6) Complete game (10~14 months)

Any further questions?

Wait, this is what you have after 14 months of development?
yeah, I have a question: did you loose a bet or something?
there is a thread specifically for you, in fact, read all the threads in this specific forum, because this is literally the only reason you are here, no, its not the reason you think you are here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776981

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

First 14 months is the tavern and posting on something awful. Then another 14 months to complete the game.

In the second half of the game Leandre takes his second turn and moves into melee range of King's Captain. Whether he manages to hit or miss will be resolved in Thermidor: The End of the Beginning.

Hmmm, I was thinking it would be more broken down into minigames where Leandre desperately searches for some kind of lube before all the kings horses and all the kings men gang-rape him.

myDad posted:

Wow, great updates! However, I am concerned that rape is a bit too "adult" of a theme, so I'm afraid I'll have to rescind the $150 USD I was prepared to contribute towards development. Any interest into this matter on your end would be greatly appreciated. TIA

The second part (entitled "mini guillotine revenge") also involves all the kings hoses and all the kings men and guillotine breeding.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 8, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yep, sizing up well.
Are you guys at smegbox or whatever taking notes?
'cos you are going to be owing Vanisher some francs eventually.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think its less "rolling" more "please give me money you loving internet plebs"

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,
Oblivious crap no-one read.

Hi Ron, or whatever.
You know, you would probably get a better response in fyad.

Golden Goat posted:

Thanks! Sorry if i'm being pushy I know everybody at HDB is way too busy on the forums campaign to do work on the game.

Any plans for a crossover with this

I mean look at that long neck, it's perfect for guillotines.

I dropped this on Ron, while he was enjoying some R&R with bath salts and baby laxitive, the stream of conciousness we got was amusing:
ah okay...the pic is....nice art...i guess^^'
Two main questions I want to discuss in my following Essay as art expert (because we all know, I am an art expert.)

1. What do we see: An advanced centaur. Friendly green eyes. Decent smile, a bit shy maybe. On the left side of this masterpiece he is somewhere outside, maybe on a field looking for some food (we see the yummy carrots). It's a quite green field, Looks like the Farmers take their job seriously in this area. In the Background: A church, mountains, a cloudy sky. It's evidently that the Setting must be somewhere in Switzerland. Japanese artists like Switzerland as we have seen with "Heidi". So that's proof enough. But where does he look? I think he Looks to a photographer, bc the style of the left side is very photograph-ish (is that a word?).

The centaur 2.0 seems sparkling healthy...what we don't know, for we can't see it: Is he a gelding, or not? But it seems he is not, because he's still very attracted to human females, as we can see on the right side, where suddenly the background is purple (is it purple?)...weeell but the Chosen colour on this Background can't be a coincidence: purple - the colour of sexual disappointment. So...might be, he is a gelding bc humans castrated him against his wish? We don't know it. And obviously the Girl is not very amused, as she raises her fist and raises her eyebrows.

There is a last question: Why does the 90%-centaurboy sparkle? Is he a Vampire centaur? Is he god checking out if religious people follow his rules? I think the last one is the best Explanation.

2. What is the meaning of this art work?
Well, the message is veeeeery ....Special. I think it is evident that this is a religious artwork. Be careful, it says, he's watching you! It could be the sparkling sweaty horse next door! And he can make a whole countryside changing into a bubblegum universe.

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 14, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, I was here to talk to the devs about some non guillotine ideas i had, but i gotta poo poo, brb

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

this is a stickup posted:

what's the toilet situation like in revolutionary japance?

sit or squat?

If I recall correctly, chamber pots were en vogue in europe, with the first device for flushing invented in the late 1500's but not becoming popular for a couple of hundred years, so, while sitting was possible, it ended up in a pot, same as squatting.
Of course, this means that the streets of London, Paris, Rome and so on, were a Scatman's Dream; no sewers.

I am Certain this historical accuracy will find its way into the game.
( Scatology)

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 17, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

we are damned serious about it. Honeslty

We is seriuz bout gaem, givvus some dosh. writ large.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't give a gently caress.

Every time I come in here I look around for stray fucks to give, and I cannot find a single one.
I've searched high, then I've searched low, and : Behold: Not even a scrap of a gently caress have I found.

GOTY 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

I would like to wish everyone at SA a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a happy new year, from Hyperdevbox.

I had a pleasant solstice, blessed be.

so, how are the guillotines shaping up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if indiegogo accept bitcoin, or possibly dogshit?

• Locked thread