Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
OP please make this the opening theme to your soon-to-be-legendary French Revolution JRPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnP_apeb6Pg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

That was INSANE! guillotiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
But seriously, there will be no guillotines in the game...
The game takes place in the year 1789, and they haven't been used yet (as far as I know).
the guillotines were largely used during the "period of terror" from 1793~94.

I feel like you're missing the point Ron.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Now this guy...this guy gets it . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Will there be even a single black person in this game OP?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, isn't that like making Haiti: the Revolutioning and not letting you play as Toussaint murdering plantation owners with a machete?

That is a game I would buy with gusto and passion

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

can you gently caress it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I want to breed with a guillotine

"Whoa"

- Neo The Matrix

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If you can't guillotine the poo poo outta some bourgeois royal sons-a-bitches then what the gently caress is even the point of this game?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Thank you very much, sir.
We are very excited about finishing and releasing this game ^^
But the crowdfunding campaign needs to reach the goal, so people sharing and being involved in the conversation is all we need right now!

^^

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I hate to be the one to tell you guy but the King and Lady King both get their heads chopped right the gently caress off by a guillotine

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LotsBread posted:

how about we just straight up tell the op that this kinda poo poo is frowned upon, specially if its to shill a loving game and talking about spreading the word on social networks (like seriously dude, could you be even more transparent about promoting your game?), and then move on with our dumb lives, one day closer to the grave

Cmon man he's super dense and I want to get the full entertainment that his :10bux: will provide

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Yes, we DO want this game to succeed and see the light of day, but we are making this game the way we feel it should be, and not necessarily what "the public" wants.

now that is some solid business sense

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

so if there's no guillotines, no napoleon, no Andre the Giant, and no robespierre, so why would anyone care about this exceedingly boring sounding story?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

There will be guillotines in this game. One of the developers is an IRL friend of mine, and he says everyone but the OP wants guillotines.

that's great, glad they've decided to bend to the will of the public, I love inside scoops like this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, they had to. The public has guillotines.

Heads will roll if this game doesn't adhere to the strictest of anime tropes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Other Barry posted:

Make a cameo by thomas jefferson as a black rapper, the kids love that

That's only spelled with one 'p' fyi

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

No and No, in both of your claims ^^

Wow wouldn't have expected such savage mod sass

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTbwSxDuzM

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Nothing about this adds up at all!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Why should anyone care about teen anime frenchie with a future gun? Like, what's the sales pitch?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I personally can't wait for this game to be abandoned (either through sloth or incompetence) 2/3rds of the way through its Early Access release.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Who changed the name of this post?
How is that possible? And, how do I change it back?

Echoing that only OPs can change a thread name, I thought you were being cool. Sad to see I was mistaken.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has no way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not "manipulated" in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.

It's a pretty serious accusation here on SA to accuse that the forum rules have been broken. Which rule do you think was broken and what should the moderation team do about it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

they've left us little choice unfortunately :sigh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Fans have been asking for guillotines since page 2, hot grrl gamer babes the world over demand their inclusion, all for naught.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Whoa

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Finally some official art I can get behind

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

nerdz posted:

Why would developers have to stop to make a crowdfunding page? Why?

Lookit this chump that doesn't realize the blood, sweat, tears, and copius amounts of semen that go into making a good crowdfunding page

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

So wait did hyperdevbox change the thread title or not!?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I changed the thread title because you used the phrase "juicy screenies" to refer to game screenshots, and I liked it. Since the title referred to game screenshots, it was a change that made sense. This is normal. Threads that run for a bit get new titles based on things said in the threads.

What's it like being history's greatest monster?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

a quarter of a million goddamn dollars lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

You guys have barely rendered a single tavern with like 3 character models and have precisely 0 gameplay footage. In fact your gameplay explanations consist largely of crude, borderline unintelligible sketches, rather then actual in-game demonstrations of gameplay. Just a heads up that this doesn't exactly inspire someone to help you reach your quarter of a million dollar goal.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, are you a game developer ? What have you done so far ? NO , it is not "rendered" like rendered in a 3D software and YES, it is full realtime gameplay recorded on PC, if you took the time to check our pitch video before posting, you would have seen gameplay footage played on a big TV screen running strong at 60 fps.

No I'm not a game developer, but I do make a comfortable living with creative endeavors, and if I went to my publisher with half a paragraph scrawled on a torn-out sheet of notebook paper and said, "Hey this should give you a great idea of the 90,000 other words I'll (probably) write, please forward me $250,000 and I'll (maybe) finish it at some point." then I'd be laughed out of her loving office. A big part of what I do is knowing how to market myself and my work, something you could stand to take a few lessons on. Crowdfunding has gotten more and more contentious over the years as there have been a number of very high profile, very public failures, and to come in here with little to no pedigree, little to no actual game to show, and just some vague descriptions of your core gameplay mechanics, doesn't make me want to give you money. Like, why is this even a crowdfunding campaign? Did you guys get turned down by conventional publishers, and if so, why? Why do you need so much money? Have you guys maybe considered scaling your game back a bit (eliminating voice work alone would save you a loving ton of money)?

You haven't given a lot of information, you've given bizarre answers to very basic questions, and now you pull out the ol' "WELL WHAT HAVE YOU CREATED" chestnut (literally the go-to defense for the creatively bankrupt). Then you follow it up with the equally antique "WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT." Be careful with those and make sure you blow the dust off them before you put them back in the museum.

hyperdevbox posted:

As for asking the crowd to fund a game development, it is the main concept of the crowdfunding, if you want to buy a complete game, browse the steam catalog ^^

This is exactly what I'm gonna do and the fact that I am should really worry you because otherwise a tactical rpg would be right in my wheelhouse ^^

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Why are you ducking my questions hyperdevbox?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

I am not ! I have fully answered ^^

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

No I'm not a game developer, but I do make a comfortable living with creative endeavors, and if I went to my publisher with half a paragraph scrawled on a torn-out sheet of notebook paper and said, "Hey this should give you a great idea of the 90,000 other words I'll (probably) write, please forward me $250,000 and I'll (maybe) finish it at some point." then I'd be laughed out of her loving office. A big part of what I do is knowing how to market myself and my work, something you could stand to take a few lessons on. Crowdfunding has gotten more and more contentious over the years as there have been a number of very high profile, very public failures, and to come in here with little to no pedigree, little to no actual game to show, and just some vague descriptions of your core gameplay mechanics, doesn't make me want to give you money. Like, why is this even a crowdfunding campaign? Did you guys get turned down by conventional publishers, and if so, why? Why do you need so much money? Have you guys maybe considered scaling your game back a bit (eliminating voice work alone would save you a loving ton of money)?

You haven't given a lot of information, you've given bizarre answers to very basic questions, and now you pull out the ol' "WELL WHAT HAVE YOU CREATED" chestnut (literally the go-to defense for the creatively bankrupt). Then you follow it up with the equally antique "WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT." Be careful with those and make sure you blow the dust off them before you put them back in the museum.

This is exactly what I'm gonna do and the fact that I am should really worry you because otherwise a tactical rpg would be right in my wheelhouse ^^

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

That is funny because, usually, it is EXACTLY how advance on royalty works when you develop a video game for a publisher..., either a working prototype or simply a game design document, so maybe you did not choose the right job after all ^^

Okay so where's your working prototype?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Our working prototype is demonstrated in the pitch video.

Yeesh.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

KingSlime posted:

Since other professionals are pitching in: if you don't have enough business sense to present yourself professionally and insist on writing out paragraphs filled with poor grammar and awkward sentences, as well as nebulous answers lacking the technical depth that people are asking about, why should I believe that you can produce a quality title worth investing in when there are 100's of other SRPGs I could check out instead? Also, you're getting defensive. Don't be dumb. This is marketing 101, guys. Surely you can hire a PR guy if your earlier projects were such hits.

Link us to your earlier projects, maybe that'll boost your credibility.

Source: Am a professional/technical writer whose clients understand how important it is to deliver clear, consice messages when it comes to communciating with people whose money you want, and when marketing/pitching your game.

Sorry buddy but it's been established that us writers have never made a video game and, unfortunately, aren't allowed to comment about anything, ever. Their marketing and game design are flawless and should be treated as such.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

KingSlime posted:

Source: Am a professional/technical writer whose clients understand how important it is to deliver clear, consice messages when it comes to communciating with people whose money you want, and when marketing/pitching your game.

"consice" and "communciating" .... yes, please keep the good work Mr professional/technical writer !

As Hyperdevbox Japan, we have an official public website where details about past published games are available, ...now what about you ? who are you ? Please kindly link some of your earlier projects so we can check the result of your past campaigns, maybe that will boost your credibility more than any of your post in here...

You are the last person on earth to criticize someone else's grammar/spelling holy poo poo.

And since you need it spelled out again; your 'what have you done' defense is the laziest, stupidest way to go about criticism. If someone criticizes something of mine (even harsh/cruelly!) my first instinct is to engage them respectfully to figure out why they didn't like it and what I need to improve on. You think you're rolling with the punches here but you're really coming off like an entitled baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Please calm down,

We are having civilized discussion here, he asked us about references because we are a game developer, it is a legit question and I replied, he/she introduced himself as a professional writer, i am asking the same so does it work only one way here ?

He's not trying to launch a videogame crowdfunding campaign so yes it does only work one here.

• Locked thread