Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

The only other game set in France I've played was Jeanne d'Arc on PSP. King Henry had a flying castle that shot lasers, a major subplot involved racism against beastmen, and Joan could chain-kill like a dozen dudes per turn after she finished transforming into magical girl form. Like Thermidor, it was an isometric tactical jrpg, and I didn't see any guillotines. I think spear fighters were my favorite unit because one of their special attacks could hit big enemies multiple times. Dragons took up nine squares, but seven hits was usually enough for a transformed hero unit to finish them off.

Would you recommend Thermidor to a fan of Jeanne d'Arc, hyperdevbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The bulldog guy started out with the lowest stats of all the beastmen but he had the best growth and if you gave him regeneration and a chain kill skill he could solo maps in the endgame. Sadly on my first run I gave a bunch of permanent stat boosting items to someone who got burned at the stake as a witch. :(

While not a dev or related to this game at all, I'm gonna recommend this game to Jeanne d'Arc fans, because they promise a similar guillotine free France based JRPG experience.

Wait... when the frog monster inherited her magical girl powers, it didn't get the stat boosts? That's pretty sad, I thought the numbers carried over exactly.

wizard on a water slide posted:

This game sounds cool
Here's some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLcJf5ulQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2qc09Kf5w

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Bug Squash posted:

As a political schemer, Tallyrand was 10 X more awesome, and was alive at the time. In fact, he was in America being best buds with one Alexander Hamilton. The two of them should team up with Lafayette for a gimmick OP characters clowning on goons fight.

No joke, that would be super cool. Seeing crazy anime superhero versions of historical figures never seems to cease entertaining. King Louis XIV might be dead by the time Thermidor happens, but if his ghost shows.up as a boss fight I hope he can attack with blinding solar rays. Or maybe a gimmick fight where applying a Blind state to the party makes fighting the Sun King easier.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Thermidor: J.R.P.G.
Joyful Revolution, Powerful Guillotines

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Hot drat, the crowdfunding's started already. Quick everyone, post fanart! Thermidor needs our help if it's gonna be the next Mighty No. 9!

I'll start with the best character.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Palpek posted:

If you get any sort of interactive version of this playable I'll give you a custom platinum icon next to your forums name and a big av of choice.

This goes for anybody who attempts to create a game revolving around playable guillotines. Let's get a guillotine-themed game jam going people!

My lovely RPGmaker hobby is finally going to pay off. :madmax:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Stumpus posted:

I watched some of the video. It was too long too finish. I'm pretty sure there was a guy just browsing the internet while you were showing off your people at the studio "hard at work".

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the gay minotaur maze. But I haven't heard of anyone trying to crowdfund one of those. The minotaurs probably wouldn't like cameras, either.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Let's say a guillotine is haunted by the ghosts of everyone who died beneath the blade. The accumulated spooky power is now enough for the haunting to drag the machine it is bound to along with it.

What kind of moves should it have in turn-based JRPG combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Crossposting but in honor of our fallen heroes, I'm making this for the SA Gamedev thingy.

Fructidor: Juicy Fruities, a guilloutine-themed fruit slicing game, set in the French Revolution. (First "gameplay" video in the second link)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post467970233
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=3#post467984112

Those fruit slicing vids make me want to play Metal Gear Rising. Lookin' good! :sotw:

• Locked thread