Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The trash people is probably the direction this show should go in though. Just introduce wackier and wackier elements in every episode.

I mean it probably wouldn't be good but it's not exactly good now so why not just go crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

To be fair teleportation has existed for quite some time in this show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Stickarts posted:

totally-not-cannibals melt downs

I wish we got an argument like that every season finale.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I thought it was hilarious how they rock up, declare themselves, shoot at some guys in the open and then just unload on the building leave.

Why not just drive up and storm the building? It's not like they haven't done that before. I'm only half watching so maybe I missed the explanation on what was going on.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

nwiniwn posted:

Did any garbage people die this episode?

I don’t have cable but after reading the reactions here, I don’t think I’ll bother getting the season pass for this on Amazon.

Some poeple in cars died but I think that's about it. Oh and some useless sentries.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So how many seasons of this show are we actually going to get? I wouldn't be unhappy at all if this were the last one.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Imagine the state of the show by season 12.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Numberwang posted:

I honestly have no loving idea what happened the entire episode. All I know is a bunch red shirts started shooting other red shirts (the bad ones).

Same. Like what are all the different groups trying to achieve? Why didn't they just kill Negan last episode? I knew it was going to be good after that woman had to call 3 sentries before figuring out something was wrong. Shouldn't they....be alert... already?

I think the writers are self aware at this point, there's no way that line about saving ammo and letting the tiger kill someone was put in there seriously.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tehdas posted:

The saviours are setup as one main base, and several outlying smaller bases. Ricks problem when they first encountered the saviours is that they took down one outlying base, but were unaware of the others. Burnface passed on a list of the outlying bases to the allies, and this episode they started taking out all the bases simultaneously.

Ergo the simultaneous attacks, so the saviours would not be aware that they are being taken out.

So the attacks in this episode are going on at the same time as Rick confronts Negan in the first episode? That's the only way that could be simultaneous, that seems really strange.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It just feels like lovely action scenes put together randomly.

I am impressed so many people can remember that guy from Season 1 though, that was a long time ago for something not that interesting.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TTerrible posted:

I've just gone back and rewatched the scene where the cars first pull up and open fire and whoever mentioned the guys just laying down for a nap was spot on. Hoooly poo poo.

Can we get a gif of this? I don't recall that and it sounds amazing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, he was sparring the dudes who had a Sleep spell cast on them. This show is dumb as poo poo but I love this thread.

Yeah this is quickly turning into a Dexter/Sons of Anarchy/True Blood situation...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Walking Dead is trash but it is still nowhere near the trash Dexter’s last 2 seasons were.

It’s not even close.

Yeah The Walking Dead doesn't make me laugh as much but I have faith they'll get there.

Cactus posted:

I'd no-joke love to read a book or study or even just a long-form well-researched article about why and how otherwise decent shows such as those in your example "go bad" and to what extent anyone involved with the production is aware of it.

Like, are they genuinely as delusional as they appear to be in those making-of documentaries we get, you know the ones where all the actors and producers gush about how lucky they are to be involved with something so amazing, and about how being on set is like being part of some wonderful family? Or is ALL of that just another act, no different to playing their roles in the main show, and behind the scenes they're all like "this is a shitshow lol"?

Something like that would be great for Sons of Anarchy. I'm pretty sure most of the people still watching to the end were mostly doing because of the thread. It was hilarious though.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 2, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

And I know it'll probably be super unpopular to say as always, but Agents of Shield is a show that literally seems to be on a reverse curve, where every season is an improvement on the last and it started out really, really bad. It's kind of fascinating, never seen that trajectory before.

Spartacus was kind of like that but it's bad period was only the start of season one and then it just got better and better.

+1 to The Leftovers and Breaking Bad. Shows that ramp up the tension and stakes tend to have amazing final seasons ie Breaking Bad, The Shield, Black Sails etc.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This is definitely going down the Dexter path.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dongattack posted:

HELL YEAH THAT WAS loving HORRID :barf:

Negan + preacher in the back of the trailer is 110% gonna be an entire episode any moment now.

Dexter was hilarious, what are you talking about?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Chris hardwick is going to have a mental breakdown from having to pretend the show was good each week. He is going to crack first.

Is anyone actually watching the talk show? I imagine that's pretty painful.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does FWD not have a thread on here? I finished it yesterday and it's hilarious how much better it is than this show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Season 2 was bad? I thought it was way better than this...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Princeps32 posted:

everything involving Chris was completely unbearable

He's the only character I haven't liked on any level.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The FWD world feels a lot better and 'real' than TWD's world.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Acinonyx posted:

Is the most recent season of Fear worth watching (relative to truck flip/execution level Fear)? I checked out of that awhile ago.

Third season is awesome and imo the best season of any walking dead, but what was wrong with the truck flip/execution scene? I was half-watching most of S2 but I can't remember anything being that bad about the scene...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

If you're still watching this lovely show then you may as well watch all of FWD, at the very least there's good payoff for sticking through the bad parts.

And I actually liked most of S2, especially the starting few episodes. That might just be because I watched it after these last few TWD episodes though.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

The way Chris is killed off might be one of the most amazing moments in bad tv for instance.

What was so bad about it?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I've seen it, the only thing I thought was bad was the other two guys not getting killed by the crash.

I liked how it felt so disconnected from everything else. And the fact that he probably didn't need to be executed but all three of them were gently caress ups so it's fitting.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Edit: The King found the only two guns on the planet with no ammo.

I knew something like this would happen.

Weren't the first 4 episodes supposed to be the good ones according to the writer or director? Makes you wonder how bad the rest of the season is going to be... buckle up kids.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Ezekial captured by a serial killer from the 80's.

Haha wish he'd kill him though, sick of his speeches.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ok that car chase at the end was worse than ANYTHING in FWD. I know the gun fights have always been pretty bad especially this season but it's beyond comical now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Is that really what they want the 50 cals for, to kill the zombies?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was the worst scene in either zombie show and one of the worst scenes ever. Everything about it is just so...weird. It doesn't even look right as just a car chase before you get into the other aspects of it. It's straight up Looney Tunes.

The only sad part is so few people are live posting we only got a couple of reactions but they're pretty on point.

Also the car chase shocked me so much I didn't take in how silly the tigers death was.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 13, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

precision posted:

season 7 episode 4 why the gently caress doesn't Corl just shoot Negan :psyduck:

Get out now, get out while you still can!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So what's the count on the redshirts? Zero idea on how many have died or how are are still left. Honestly I doubt the writers know either. Also the trash people are still yet to do anything.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

I decided to watch the episode stoned and afterwards was thinking that I must have had stronger stuff than I thought.

You're all telling me that episode was as wacky as I thought?

Possibly wackier.

Loving the gifs.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Who the gently caress are the ocean side people?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait there were Trash People in that episode? how's the war been going for them?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm a little surprised anyone even cares about the helicopter, I mean the payoff is not going to be anything interesting or good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I refuse to let this show break me. I watched every episode of Under the Dome and Falling Skies for fucks sake.

How does Falling Skies rate? so bad its funny or just bad bad?

I watched a season or two of Under the Dome. I remember early on when that guy tried to burn a letter and the whole house lit up like it had been soaked in gasoline.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Apparently next weeks episode has something 'shocking' in it. They set the bar pretty high with that car chase scene so it'll be interesting to see how they top that.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I hope it's a scene where eugene is handcuffed to a toilet and he throws it off a roof and kills Darryl

Honestly that would be pretty god drat shocking.

I think it's going to be an important death/s, maybe the biggest ones yet. Something to make up for the rest of this season. I believe.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait this is actually being advertised as being one of the biggest deaths since Glen.

Something might actually happen, holy poo poo. I thought we were just being hopeful. I mean they could just kill off another random and pretend it was important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

The character death has been pieced together with 90% certainty by places like Spoiling Dead who has a great track record and felt confident enough to post. Its out there if you are willing to dig.

Yeah I saw that earlier, it was actually figured out ages ago(if true).

That'll be a big one one which is why I'm skeptical it's true.