Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Astroman posted:

I don't think I even understood anything in this episode. poo poo happened for no reason, everyone jusct acted way out of character, and almost nothing happened to advance the plot.

Why would Jadis tie up Negan, hand him a gun and a lit flare and put some important photos next to him? And wheel up a zombie? Oh and it was the FLARE she needed to SIGNAL HELICOPTER. It was like some contrived puzzle game.

And OFC Negan doesn't even mention the helicopter...

Tara: "I'm probably infected, you'll have to kill me!"
Tara: "NvmI'm better now!"

Every character: "I hate you! I like you! Let's team up and do stupid poo poo!"

He did, he was like "Are you going to tell me about the 'copter, Trashlady?" and she said nothing but was all :hai: which let us know ~she'll be back~

brocked posted:

I'd like to know why/how the Heapster lady (who apparently is now an Indigo Girl) built herself a Norwegian prison cell

oh man how cool would it be if the dumb trash lady was secretly a really smarty clean person???? :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Marmaduke! posted:

Every time the "bad guys" capture some of Our Heroes, who escape and massacre the bad guys my eyes roll a little harder than they did the last time. Someone please, waste a bullet on me.

I can kinda understand trying to capture Rick to please Negan. But surely Morgan is on everyone's "Holy Christ kill this guy as soon as you see him, do not gently caress around or you will not make it to the end of the episode" list. I'm sad I read that he's going to FTWD, his arc could have some meaning if he ever had some comeuppance for his actions, which are bordering on genocide.

My headcanon is that Morgan (the character) has realized that he is a main character in a TV series, and that his world is not real...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I keep wondering why we continue to return to the Trash City when we killed them all 4 EPA ago and my only thought is that it's not a set and it must be ~really~ cheap to film in an actual garbage dump.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Bates posted:

You have to appreciate how the lingering close-ups, long pauses and speaking slowly really drains all energy out of the show so you are half-way a sleep when the mandatory nonsensical fight scene rolls around. It's very normal for every member of a group to be sad and depressed for years without some gallows humor, someone trying to lighten the mood or blowing off some steam. I can identify with that and it makes me more invested in the characters. I hate this show so much.

Yeah, but when R&M kill everyone they just promised to save, the show is completely irredeemable if Rick says he did it "because it was funny." That's the other R&M show.

But you're right, irl Rick would be in it for the :lol:s at this point...

:five:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I got banned from the walking dead reddit for that gif because I didn't mark it as a MAJOR SPOILER

The flashback to something we already knew she survived spoiled the whole drat show for some dweeb I guess. I never actually look there and when I did I saw that the first page was almost all tagged as spoilers

Like, the fact that Morgan and Rick knew each other in season 1 was considered a spoiler

Also the show sucks so who cares (idiots on Reddit do)

The only reason I post stuff there is on the off chance that Rick thinks it's really cool and contacts me to suck my dick

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wow you didn't even have to edit that one to make it look stupid as gently caress

Like.. it's actually dumber than when you watch it the first time and go "I think I missed something."

Yeah, at least the first time I went "drat, gotta stop looking at my phone, I'm missing poo poo..."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Captain Log posted:

Honest question -

If this was the world, would you rather live with Negan or Rick?

I think I'd live longer with Negan but I'd have a nervous breakdown.

Has Negan ever killed someone in cold-blood on the show? I know people are going to say "Glenn," but that was a quid pro quo medieval arrangement. Rick deads at least 10 innocents per season without warning or reason.

Except for his blankie bat, Negan hasn't even acted irrationally on the show. Negan's group was larger and more secure, although the standard of living was lower for the average citizen. But Rick's people have a shelf-life of about 15 months, sooooo...

Another stupid thing about the show is that Negan's people would have just taken over Alexandria and lived there: much nicer than the warehouse, but that didn't happen in the books so let's kill CORAL instead! :woop:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

JossiRossi posted:

I literally thought you were talking about Negan, cause also true there.

Has Negan raped anyone on the show? We saw him get intimidating with the harem, but I don't think we've ever actually ~seen~ Negan be that kind of evil on camera. It could just as reasonably be spun that he is :airquote: protecting :airquote: those women from other rapists by keeping them out of bounds. As for the Polaroids, anyone could have bashed those skulls. :shrug:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Shitenshi posted:

Oh boy, another recurring discussion of, "Is Negan actually a rapist or are his wives just a bunch of lazy mooching whores?" Fun times.

My point isn't about whether Negan actually is good or evil. It is that, if Negan is supposed to be evil and Rick is supposed to be good, they do a terrible job of showing that, to the point that a show-watcher could reasonably assume Negan is the good guy and Rick is the bad guy if they just look at Rick and Negan's actions shown on camera.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I mean, the point isn't whether or not those things are evil or rape: that's obvious. The point is can the audience even be sure those things happened since those actions have only ever been referenced by unreliable narrators?
:shrug:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:lol:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:laffo:

Ten points to whoever said they would retcon Negan: :siren: ~SIMON~ :siren: is responsible for killing all the men in LadyTown...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Goodnight sweet prince, see you on Westworld... :smith:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Q0Wm6lD.gifv

dumb rear end doesnt even put formaldehyde in his fish

Haha holy gently caress how did I miss this! :five:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

The dude that used to negotiate with warlords in africa thinks the best tactic to win them over is to die in the forest

gently caress I totally forgot about that: good thing for the show that Aaron did, too?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm just watching the latest episode now and I severely regret not fast forwarding through that cheesy opening sequence with the letter. I could not give less of a gently caress about coral's letters.

At least they dropped the title card-gimmick after one episode... :rolleyes:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Gimple says this is the end of the "eight season story arc." :circlefap:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Marmaduke! posted:

That reminds me, will the next season of Attack on Titan ever come to Netflix...

It's on Hulu, and the new season starts in July so you may as well :10bux:.

Boinks posted:

How did he cover up his 2nd pair of tracks?

In the eight seconds it took Rosita to get there, he ran through, retraced his steps backwards to not leave new prints, and managed to buy himself without leaving a floating cloud of ash from the pile. :nallears:

Acacia REI posted:

EDIT how the gently caress do you post images? I've never been able to get [img] tags to work on this forum.
code:
You can embed an image in your text using the [img] tag. Simply place the URL to the image you wish to display inside the tags, like so:

[img]//i.somethingawful.com/foo.gif[/img]
You should only link to images hosted on webspace you control, or on a free image hosting provider. Linking to images may otherwise get you in trouble, so check the rules first.

For large images, you may want to display a thumbnail image instead of the full-sized image. You can do this with the [timg] tag, like so:

[timg]//i.somethingawful.com/foo.gif[/timg]
The image will be shown at a scaled-down size. The user can click the image to display the full-sized version. Note that using this tag does not save bandwidth, since the full-sized image must be downloaded anyway. The resizing is just a client-side hack.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
My prediction: Maggie and Negan agree Rick is a loose cannon. The fight against him and his last holdouts is intense, but Rick's group's morale wavers when the Hilltop-Savior alliance is cemented with a Maggie-Negan wedding. The seasons ends with Glen crawling out from under the altar when Gabriel asks if anyone objects...

What a twist! :cawg:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

DarklyDreaming posted:

Morgan felt a disturbance in the Force

"We're the good guys!" :haw:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
So despite receiving information verifying the original map, Rick ~magically~ knows it's a trap because the script said so. :confuoot:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
gently caress yeah! Butthole Vision returns!!!

Edit: was the supposed to be a herd? It just looked like mud in the middle of the woods in HD...

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 16, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Boinks posted:

Way to gently caress over the only group that ever valued you Eugene

:laffo:

That was so dumb.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Just when I thought the show was finally going to make Rick pay for his fall from grace: nope.avi

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

ElectricSheep posted:

That looked like a loss.jpg edit in those stained glass windows

It just goes to show how jaded we all are that no one commented on these stained glass frames hanging from a tree in the middle of nowhere for no reason other than to provide Rick a weapon when he is already carrying a knife and a gun.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Tenzarin posted:

Morgan already in Texas.

gently caress them, I kind of want to see what happens with Cowboy Cromartie...

fakeedit: nm...haha, he's probably not going to show up again until the end of the episode! :laugh:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned but I just looked at the official timeline and it has been 20 days since Glen died. :lol:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
The show wants to eat its cake and have it, too: Rick is both evil and good. Yin and Yang. He is all things to all peoples. He can both kill Negan with righteous vengeance and save his life with graceful mercy. Such is the Way or Rick. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be in the script.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait was he not with the seaside folks?

They certainly didn't show him if he was...

Princeps32 posted:

how many saviors were there supposed to be altogether comics vs tv

they must have killed three or four hundred saviors over the course of the last two and a half seasons

Once again, it should be noted that the entire war, from Glen's impression of a Gallagher watermelon until Rick goes all throat-stabby on Negan is 20 days. The War didn't last three weeks...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Le Saboteur posted:

Wait a second according to this timeline the entire 8th season takes place over a two day period?! http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline

Yes, everything we've seen over the last year happened in 48 hours. The last three years of show has covered not even three weeks of narrative.

:downsgun:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Blazing Ownager posted:

From the sounds you haven't been following the thread but to catch you up: Fear the Walking Dead got really good in the 3rd season. Gimple fired the show runner but then Gimple was moved away from creative control and frankly, the writing staff over there is flat out better and still intact. People talk a little more like people and not monologue machines, the actions is better, the production value is better.. it's bizarre.

Frankly every character has more personality than the entire main cast on TWD by this point. Even the new characters from the season 4 premiere already have far more investment with me than anyone in Rick's crew. The biggest difference between the shows is after the wildly inconsistent (and often pretty awful season 2) they realized the Clark family are actually a bunch of assholes and ran with it.

I'd give the show a chance but realize season 3 is where it actually turns into a good show and not just lovely TWD. Since you already watched season 1 and 2 all I can say if you ever thought to yourself "THESE PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES" watching it, you will love Season 3.

ED: Put it this way, the season opener was almost a Morgan with a stick episode, and it only sucked until they stopped the crossover footage poo poo. You can tell the main show shot that whole part, because it looks like rear end compared to the way the rest of the show is shot.

But I cannot stress enough that Fear has turned into a decent TV show with better writing, effects and production and WAYYYYY better pacing (poo poo gets DONE on Fear now), and is definitely worth resuming post season 2. Also the universe is more interesting with better factions, cooler settlements and now a Fury Road truck.

Since a lot of the people here probably gave up on Fear I'll stress Fear (S3+) is a much better show.

I had more fun with the Fear premiere than I've had with the last 2 seasons of TWD. I also actually liked a few characters and didn't want them to get killed.

It's an alien experience after TWD.

Sorry, with everything else I totally glossed over this: but HOLY gently caress! Who talks like this in real life? Rick asks the new doctor how his son died and, as a direct response to this query, retells a story about his mom. WHO THE gently caress TALKS LIKE THIS???

Jack: Hey, Jim! Are we going to the barbecue later?
Jim: [takes a deep breath] My mother once told me about making plans...it never worked out for her. You see, in those days we caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. She needed a new heel for my shoe, so, we decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

:ssj:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TTerrible posted:

Look at you people who aren't mentioning Falling Skies.

You are like little babies.

Yeah, fair...I dipped on that after 2.5 seasons. :huh:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

The real reason Drrrl and Maggie want to take Rick out is when he nearly killed both of them in this scene with his poor muzzle control.
:nallears:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Holy poo poo thank you! :peanut:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Don't know why you all are calling the Terminator from TSCC all of these weird names... :colbert:

Although to be fair, he was McCall/Wolcott on Deadwood way before that, but I just don't recognize him with the beard! :riker:

Gizmodo did a good writeup about how the finale was undeserved, but I was disappointed they felt catharsis with the episode when Rick :airquote: came back to the good side. :airquote: The biggest problem with the season is the timeline, everything seems insane and all of the characters come off as schizophrenic making so many random changes of heart over such a short period. At least if Rick had killed Negan, everyone could have seen how far he had sunk, that even Carl's dying words were just more ash in Rick's mouth which he could use to lie and kill. Maggie/Drrrrrrl could have seen that and realized the path they were beginning to walk down, Jesus talking them back onto the ~righteous path~ setting up their confrontation with Rick with Maggie/Hilltop being the good guys. I mean, surely a bunch of salaried professional writers could come up with something better than that?

:sigh:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Cactus posted:

Also that one where they went back in time to the prehistoric era to re-boot history and live among the dinosaurs.

Oh snap! That had a cool premise but was executed hilariously badly!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Gortarius posted:

Thank the lord it's over. I skipped season 7, and only tuned in for the latter half of 8.

I only just now realized that although season 8 was certainly awful, there has never been a good season of TWD. It's always been poo poo.

The pilot episode is okay, I guess, and the last one in season 1.

Yeah, I've slowly realized that I am nostalgic for a time on the show that never existed. The cracks were all there in season 1, they just turned into fissures in S2 and have gotten wider ever since...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I really hope Negan becomes a Nelson Mandela figure and spends 30 years in the dumb jail cell before deposing Rick in a lawful election.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

crazy cloud posted:

that's too much nuance and too much credit to give this show, there is no subtext, the text is rick ordered siddiq to save him because every doctor is automatically a trauma surgeon, so negan will be fine

I mean, props to Siddiq, Negan didn't even need therapy or anything. Perfectly fine and talking a day later! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Fear the Walking Dead - Stockholm Watching an Entire Universe of Media!