Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Armitage posted:

I really have a new appreciation for even substandard 11 pulls in this game. At least you can potentially combine an item and make it stronger and/or pass it off to someone else in the realm as a helpful stat stick for synergy.

It really could be so, so, so much worse :suicide:

Yeah I'm rerolling accounts on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius right now because they have a special event where you get a free 11 pull. I've gotta be over 500 total gacha pulls by now and I've seen a grand total of ONE 5* character pull. :psyduck:

FFRK feels like Shadowverse by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm down to seize the means of relic production.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
First pull 2x Curilla SSB. :sigh:

Second pull...

YES YES MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!

I have Wall. :woop:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

HPanda posted:

EDIT: Wow, seems kinda weird to take the long sought after relic to just three fights, then promptly never equip it again (I have two books that are just straight up better).

I was just thinking that. So excited to pull it, two Orbfest fights later it goes in the Vault. :doh:

Gotta figure out how to rework my A-team with all these new toys.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ok so after one underwhelming pull and one awesome pull on the 5th fest banner I'm trying to sort out what sort of main team to run. My current relic situation looks like this:

OSB: Orlandeau, Agrias
USB: Ramza, Selphie
BSB: Setzer, Tyro, Serah, Yang, Lann
SSB: Raines, Alphinaud (Deployment Tactics), Curilla (3x), Aerith, Shadow, Gau, Penelo, Fran, Balthier, Krile (Sheepsong), Krile (Unspoken Bond)
Unique: Tyro
Chain: Warrior of Light

I've got the makings of a nice Holy team, native Wall, no healer BSBs and only Sheepsong as a Hastega. My only Imperil Holy is Raines without any other relics, so that seems not worth it. I'm reluctant to pull again with my last 50 Mythril after getting such an awesome draw, but either healer BSB or Agrias Imperil Holy BSB would be super helpful.

Maybe something like Orlandeau/Warrior of Light/Setzer/Tyro/Selphie with RW Shout? Can I drop Setzer for more damage like Agrias and get away with some 3* Breaks?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

HPanda posted:

This is a tricky one. For what it's worth, I somehow ignored your last line and came up with that exact team for a default holy kill squad before looking up and seeing that you did, too. I don't recommend subbing in Agrias unless you're really wanting to push damage over survivability, though. Then again, Tyro and Selphie can effectively manage your 4 and 5* breaks as the need may be, especially using Tyro's BSB with its breaks and proshellga, so maybe I'm wrong there.

Good to know I'm not completely off base.

With now four duplicates and Tyro's OSB I'm a bit reluctant to roll again on this banner. I need to look and see what's coming up with a decent shot at a Medica BSB.

Does Shout come back any time soon? I know there's that insane Super Shout on that FFT banner six months out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

iPodschun posted:

Not sure when Ramza Shout is back but Cid VII Shout clone is on Tuesday's VII banner and Rikku USB (Party ATK/MAG +30%, Protect, Shell and Haste) is on July 13's X banner.

Hmmm that's awkward. I have Ramza's USB so Ramza Shout would be really nice to have. But the VII banner seems really good with the much hyped Cloud USB and I think a bunch of stuff that plays nice with it?

But that Rikku USB is insane. :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

IllegallySober posted:

Can't wait to flush the last of my Mythril tonight chasing Cloud USB. Ah, capitalism :911:

I have one shot left after only needing two to get SG so I'm rolling the dice!

Zero dupes and a lot of the other stuff looks pretty good so it seems like a good banner to spend my last 50 mythril on.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

fridge corn posted:

1/11 gun arm. I win! 😀 😀 😀

Same. :sigh:

Dollar pull blue megaphone helped improve my mood though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

iamsosmrt posted:

I'll probably never play the actual XIV game,

This would be a mistake. It's the best Final Fantasy since VI.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

iamsosmrt posted:

I'm not sure I can really do a modern FF game anymore. X was my last one, way back in 2007, maybe, I tried XII and dropped it pretty swiftly. Heck, I started re-playing FFIV a few months back but only really have time pick it up maybe once every two weeks. The lack of play and go convenience basically dictates only phone games like FFRK get any consistent playtime for me. I'm somewhat content with these games primarily existing for nostalgia purposes.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably an ultra casual gamer at this point.

Fair enough, it definitely takes a chunk of time sitting in front of your TV.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I was relieved to discover upon returning I'd knocked out Cloud's RM2 back during the old Vit0 days. Special activity requirements for RMs were dumb.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
3/11 Ovelia BSB, Yuna SSB, Steiner SSB.

My first Medica BSB! :woop:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Siphon the trash, WoL Chain, Thunder God the boss. Repeat.

Up to 142 stamina, a couple hundred story missions to go. :suicide:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Attestant posted:

Just think of all the easy mythril you're getting. You'll miss it one day. :unsmith:

Oh yeah, I'm up to 115 already after being broke post-Orbfest/Cloud's banner. It's just super tedious. Still totally worth it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Awesome! Gilgamesh BSB, native Shout :woop: and some synergy weapons are totally worth 50 Mythril to me!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm just ecstatic to finally have native Shout, gives me all three of the trinity. Ramza with both Shout and his USB will slide into the main party nicely.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm sold. Shadow BSB is probably my favourite farming RW and I think that banner also has stuff for Setzer. Gonna roll at least once on it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm glad to hear DENA is compensating me for my pull on that bugged KC2 banner. Clearly it was not working as intended and 10 Mythril feels like fair compensation for costing me so many inventory slots.

The hilarious tears from people on Reddit who didn't pull hoping they'd get rewarded for being the teacher's pet are icing on the cake.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

FFRkreeper is really loving slow for me lately... maybe a lot more people have caught on?

It's all the Russian hackers hard at work to make Keepers Choice 1 into an 11/11 banner featuring all Cloud relics, Rikku USB, etc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Um, wow. 5/11 :woop: Orlandeau OSB is a dupe but the rest are new.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ceaselessfuture posted:

how the gently caress did we all get so many Hope BSBs

The Audacity of Goons.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Wait, there are Record Materia other than Dr Mog/Mako/Ace Striker/Battleforged/the XP ones? :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So are those Lucky Draws really as awful as they look? :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Zurai posted:

The banners are still excellent ways to get cheap synergy for very common realms, which is what new players need the most after a hastega, a medica, and a boostga.

Aren't the banners all riddled with gun arms and megaphones that aren't particularly useful as synergy items?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

triplexpac posted:

Got an email that says Paypal is offering 10% off iTunes gift cards in the Canadian store: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/10-off-itunes.html

Can these be used to buy FFRK gems?

They can, although beware that iTunes cards are country specific so you'll need a Canadian app store account to use a Canadian iTunes gift card. Also 10% isn't a very good discount, 15% is fairly common and if you keep an eye out 20% comes up from time to time.

Staples in Canada has 15% off $50 and $100 gift cards running August 23rd through 29th.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Someone on Reddit fell for the FF11 "Lucky" trap banner.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha, isn't that one of the very few SBs that requires 2 gauge bars per use, too?

Yes, yes it is. The biggest gently caress you pull.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The man called M posted:

Is Heavenlord any good? Haven't seen him in the rankings on the Wiki.

Oh, and Sephiroth is coming to JP.

You're in the FFRK thread. But yeah, Seph is awesome enough to deserve hype in two games threads.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Just be careful not to pull on the "Newcomers Welcome Relic Draw", they're total trash even at half off.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Whoa, not bad. :stare:

Chant for Ramza gives me Shout, his USB and Chant so that's awesome. Fang BSB gives me a wind BSB. The Squall SSB seems kinda junk but it's +stats if I ever get his good stuff.

Definitely worth 25 Mythril!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Um, wow. I might be the one person most of those changes actually look pretty good for. WoL CSB, Yang BSB, Yuna USB and Fran BSB were all dupes and NONE of the relics added are dupes for me. :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
This is going to be fun.

I currently have 43 relics not from the old stat stick/shared SSB days. After the substitutions none of them are on any of the Fest banners. I have 381 mythril in the bank.

I'm burning every single Mythril. :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
3/11 Relm, Rosa and Eiko BSBs, none of them dupes. :hellyeah:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The only bad part about pulling Eiko BSB is how my phone keeps trying to autocorrect Eiko to Seiko or Keiko.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It should be called the Bagwell because Buffs are the Stuff and you can't get enuff.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Well, I pulled!

Quina's BSB, Cid Raines BSB(dupe) and Cloud's BSB1.

Uhm. I'm not too sure how to feel about all that!

I went 1/11 with Quina's BSB so I'm guessing you feel better than I do!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
That went well. :woop:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So now that I have Bartz USB but no other relics for him what should I be doing to get use out of it?

I've got gobs of 5* orbs so I could hone some Twinstrikes. The gem selector would also give me an opportunity to grab one of his two BSBs. Am I badly hamstrung by the lack of his LM?

Right now my main team is Holy focused with WoL chain, Orlandeau OSB, and Ramza/Tyro/a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
FML.

Orlandeau USB is a dupe, my third one actually.

• Locked thread