Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Drawtaliate is pretty irrelevant most of the time, honestly, though having some kind of tank around does help in a lot of fights. You do have Agrias BSB to cover that though.

I guess my primary piece of advice would be, if you want to run a team with both mages and physical, punt Ramza and bring in Onion Knight, since you have his BSB so you can run a mixed team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

FFXIII's plot makes so little sense because the CG cutscenes were done early in the dev process by necessity (since they take so long), and any story rewrites had to work with unchanged cutscenes. This is why extremely important plot information (like the entire cosmology, which is why anything happens in XIII in the first place) is in the datalog, because they couldn't add more cutscenes talking about it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Gonna be shocked if they don't hide one inside the Nightmare dungeon center crystal.

Only one of them so far was really hard to find, though I think another would have been hard except a blank screen with just the egg showing loaded up for a split second before the rest of the screen did.
FFRK is a wrapper on a webapp, they won't put a clickable object on top of another clickable object because that would cause Problems.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

4* witch spells have the benefit of being 4* (and thus super cheap to hone) and, while they have lower damage than -ja spells, they have multiple hits, so if you're buffing the hell out of your party they may end up doing more damage overall, since -ja spells cap out at a pretty low amount of mag against most enemies.

I'd mostly hone em to build meter on mages without access to wrath, though.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

How much better are the 4* witch abilities than chain-gas, assuming running out of gas isn't an issue? Do they substantially lower the time it takes to fill a soul gauge?

Since mage damage relies so heavily on buffs, the actual damage of abilities used to fill everyone's gauges doesn't seem to matter much. If they can get you a burst in half the time I'll go ahead and hone some up.
They don't fill any more than usual, they just make your next cast instant, so you can chain 'em. Works well with ace striker.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

level 95 support/black mage OK.
Egg him to 99 immediately, you're using him with still mediocre stats and his stat rise starts at 93 and ends at 99.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

victrix posted:

This Google account not authorized poo poo is annoying as hell. My maxed stamina :saddowns:
Same. I've tried just about everything but it won't boot.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And Rapha's BSB is that strong? I thought maybe with the lack of an en-element buff it'd hit weaker. Or does the +Mag make up for it (does it not stack with anything?).
Rapha's BSB is directly analogous to Raines. She doesn't have noncharge on her command 1, but she has a heal on it instead, adding utility instead of pure DPS, and her elements are a tad safer since she's lightning/non so it can't be resisted.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Long live JP, land of plenty

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

(Yuna's, which wasn't even -aja level)
To be fair, the only curaja medica in the game is Healing Grimoire, which is completely dismal :v:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Guardbringer is the best knight DPS, full stop, if you can get it to 4 hits, which you probably can if you can field wall OR you have a bsb that provides sentinel.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

maybe if youre capping out on saints cross really badly... in post BSB world, 4 (at max) elemental attacks at 1.0 potency with no other utility is kind of meh
:confused:

4.0 potency at regular speed is really strong. I know goons in particular have The BSB Madness but USBs start to get more and more prominent as time goes on, and Guardbringer has incredible DPS for a non-6* honeable ability.

e: Also getting it to 4 hits is trivially easy if you have sentinel or wall

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Alxprit posted:

2736 DEF after buffs is what you need. Wall, Draw Fire (or Sentinel), and Protect can usually add up to that amount.
Sentinel is actually a 300% buff, so if you have wall OR sentinel (300%), gaia's cross (which everyone who can use guardbringer can use, 200%), and protectga (200%), you can 4-hit it with pretty low defense values.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

^^sentinel (or draw fire/gaia's cross) claims to be +100% (or 200%) defense on enlirs. by my math you'd typically need some +100% def buff, wall (+200%) and protect (+100%) to hit 4 hits unless you have a 6* or better heavy armor with synergy

for me bsb's are my core damage abilities and my skill slots are reserved for utility/medal requirements/soul break building but i'll admit i undervalued the total damage value of guardbringer comparatively
Sentinel and draw fire's def boosts stack.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Please do not grind 4* motes from the multiplayer fight unless you do not value your time and attention, motes are becoming more and more common as 5* motes' debut draws nearer and will only become more common in the future

I played PREY this weekend instead of grinding for motes, and I'm glad of it

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Ok is anyone else getting the Really loving Annoying Bug where the game is moved down a little? Like on the main menu your characters are on top of the draw relic button. It's getting very annoying to tab out every time that happens.
It's an issue with Android 7.0. Update to 7.1 or roll back to fix it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

poe meater posted:

Is there a guide somewhere on the basics of leveling and combining equipment? Optimal way on doing that? I been just selling the 1 star equipment once I hit my max capacity of 100. I haven't done any leveling yet.
In general, freely combine 3* and 4* as necessary. Think before combining 5* whether you'd prefer having a stronger synergy item or two synergy items. Try to have all your 5* stuff fully upgraded.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i meant more in the sense that one i can throw out 8 times and one i can throw out 4 times with basically no chance to hone it higher
If you're relying on it as your sole heal, no. It's good on an offhealer, or a healer who will be doing the majority of their healing with BSB commands.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Has anyone solo'd Yunalesca at 160, and is it feasible when most of your party is Holy-focused and you have to scramble to create a completely different party
Yes, no

It's an extremely rude fight to solo and you really have to have your poo poo in order, but it's very possible, especially if you can spam mblink and water damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

VgameT posted:

Hey, I'm a newish player with a question re: pulling or saving mythril for later. Right now I'm approaching level 50 with a team of Agrias/Ramza/Squall/Orlandu/Yuna, with Orlandu and Squall rocking their 6* OSBs, Agrias and Yuna with their recent BSBs, and Ramza with Tailwind and Chant, but no Shout. I'm still early in the game, so for 99% of dungeons so far autoattacking and summoning a RW for the boss has been very effective, and I have approximately a million billion mythril I can scoop out of the realm dungeons. I'm sitting on 55 right now. Should I pull on the new select banner and try for Shout (or Squall's BSB I guess) or should I just chill and wait for new, cooler stuff to show up? I feel like I've already been fairly lucky with relic pulls for my team, but I also feel like I'm not going to be hurting for mythril for a while, especially when realm dungeons are half stamina.
Pull on every lucky banner that comes up and wait on fest. Extreme Fest will be extremely good to you, so save up for it.

• Locked thread