Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dollar pull got me the Partisan. The one thing I already had. Sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Diamond Weapon was annoying as hell because my physical synergy is phenomenal, but I have literally zero magic relics. I finished the CM with a mage team that ran out of black magic and was down to my last few ninja magic casts. :sweatdrop:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lucky Draw gave me Hope's first relic and nothing else. Oof

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy poo poo Mug Bloodlust is amazing and turns your thief into a DPS machine. I can't wait to hone this sucker

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Does anyone know the droprate for Major Orbs from Magic Pots? I've fought dozens over the last week without getting a single drop and am curious to know exactly how poo poo my luck is

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

So glad I went into U++ with my A team. It was a lengthy grind, but native Shout, Dreamstage, Sentinel's Grimoire, Clear Tranquil, and Cleansing Strike make battles of attrition pretty favorable. Bio never broke 900. No way in hell am I attempting the CM.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's kind of hard to succeed at this hot potato stuff when the targeted enemy attacks a microsecond before the cannon fires

gently caress you, game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Okay, just said gently caress it to the hot potato and just blitzed the boss down with ninja magic. Ninja magic is subpar 90% of the time, but holy poo poo is it amazing the other 10%

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Yeah i think ima just Ninja magic this guy since he doesn't really do anything notable, and his big hitters are pretty manageable due to Kevin Owens owned items.

But his defense is absurd. I tried Darkness because Exdeath has White 5 for some reason. Worked ok and I didn't give a poo poo about his counters but didn't do nearly enough damage.

ninja magic works pretty well. I had Tyro and Yuffie throwing out most of the damage with rank 5 Fire Veil and Water Veil, and rank 4 Gust and Phantasm. With the ninja damage boost RM and Sheepsong in play, the veils and Gust hit for ~3800, and Phantasm for ~6000. Factor in that ninja magic also has a shorter charge time, and you've got some pretty decent DPS.

e: just don't forget to dispel one of the launchers and have to redo the battle for mastery like I did

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

gently caress, Guy 2 got me ten 3 stars and an off banner shared sb VI sword, which I already have plenty of synergy for. Someone convince me not to throw away another 50 on a rage pull.

If you're going to blow mythril on one of the lesser realms at least wait for the FF3 onion kid banner

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is blink dispellable?

I think so. Once Banishing Strike finally hit and I got Reflect on the Lamia Queen I was hitting far more often (though I still missed here and there because holy gently caress that evasion stat). It could just be confirmation bias though

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Uh wow I was expecting the bonus battles to be easier because FFII synergy isn't too common but holy poo poo that U++ battle was pathetic

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Welp, lesson learned. Don't use Selphie's BSB on phase two of Nightmare Evrae Altana. :v:

I had to look up the BSB and Evrae Altana to get what happened to you. I'm glad I did. :lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zurai posted:

• Magic Pots are guaranteed to drop 5 star orbs regardless of difficulty.

Thank loving god. I've been regularly grinding dailies and haven't seen a major orb drop in weeks, despite killing well over 50 pots. It's kind of annoying

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

That mote dungeon was a bit rough without a single 5* FF2 relic, but mage meta pulled through.

Tyro used Phantasm to sleep the ogres and Multi Break to hit the mastery conditions. Krile used Sheepsong and she and two other mages went to town on summons while Rosa threw out heals.

It got hairy near the end because the boss shits out tons of damage in the final phase. I think I might need to craft Wrath for Rosa next time

E: not pulling on the lucky banner because there are way too many duds for me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Lucky Draw gets me... Agrias' Kaiser Shield. And that's all!

It's still good right?

Yes. It's a fairly strong 3-hit move with ATK/MAG -50% debuff, attached to a character with spellblade 4 and knight 5 access (can hit every element except darkness), and one of the highest attack stats in the game. She can also use lifesiphon so you can spam the hell out of it too. Seriously, it's really good

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

What are the stats on the pumpkin? I started this a bit after Halloween last year

It's pretty average in terms of attack power, but the real bonus is that DeNA accidentally gave the pumpkin an evasion stat (around 90 iirc), which is something only armor is supposed to have. So you can equip it and give a party member an evasion stat of over 200, which lets you dodge fairly often. It's pretty cool.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm curious to see the banners for this event. It'd be weird to have a different set of relics for JP and Global, so we could be getting some pretty powerful stuff. Glad I'll have enough mythril for a pull by then.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pichupal posted:

There was a Brass de Bravo Banner with GOLDFES that had an SSB for Mog, but if we don't get that we're waiting for the Celes OSB banner in about 6 months.

6 hits AoE Earth/Non-Elemental White Magic Damage with ATK/DEF down. Also an amazing animation.

https://youtu.be/XqStd7_II6k

So that's why there aren't any moogles left in the World of Ruin.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

loving FINALLY! God, that was the worst RNG garbage I've ever had to deal with in this game- the 30% status spells are such worthless garbage that most certainly do NOT work 30% of the time.

Don't let pride lead you into oblivion, friends- just let the two Major Black Orbs go. It's not worth it.

Unless you have good FFII synergy, I guess, in which case go wild.

This is exactly why I just said gently caress it to the CM. No way am I going to egg up the needed characters and indulge that RNG garbage just for two major black orbs.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

djfooboo posted:

We already swimming in them, while other statuses like confuse/sleep (gently caress you Lamia, are still open design space.

holy poo poo I didn't realize the hit rate for statuses tank that hard when you've got moderate resistance.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Finally got around to changing my RM to Sheepsong. Friend code is eeJH for anyone interested.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm kinda starting to get a little annoyed about how much of the new content that's coming out is just blatantly a mage-team check. Like come the hell on, an ultimate fight where the boss hits with a 2k damage AoE and the little minions won't stop hitting with 2-3k magic even through mitigation, and if you have a mage team you can just put them to sleep but with a physical team just gently caress you I guess? Like what the hell am I supposed to do here? Even if I put them to sleep somehow, the physical attacks would just wake them up anyway, and I can't burn them down fast enough before they've nuked my party into the ground. Especially when they all decide to target the same character.

Ramza is the only Ninja I've got, and I'd have to create / hone those spells but that might be an option. But then I'd have to give up Full Break or Magic Breakdown on him (or both to use Bolt Veil too). And even with sleep, the rest of my team would be waking them out of it, wouldn't they? Sleep on a physical team seems pretty much useless in my experience.

This might just be a fight I can't possibly win, which I guess is bound to happen once in a while, but it feels pretty lovely when it's an ultimate fight and I've been able to do U and U+ fights for weeks now and finished my first U++ in the last event.

I went in with three physical attackers, one healer, and one mage (no SBs, just Quetzalcoatl and Bahamut), equipped with a bunch of ice resist accessories and came out just fine. You absolutely do not need a mage team.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Thanks, I will give this a shot later.

My biggest issue is even staying alive long enough to get to that point. I have to keep S/Ling because of poo poo like getting hit with 2k AoE and then having the Azers both blast the same person for 3k before I can even take a single action, which is, uh, not working so well for me. I dunno how I'm supposed to keep up with every enemy being able to do half of a character's health in a single attack.

Do you have any ice resist accessories? Because this is definitely the fight to bust them out

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Is there a reason they have Ramuh so involved with Garnet's Relics?

Three of them involving summoning him.

He's the only eidolon to actually have a conversation with Garnet, so there's that

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

If I don't get my mythril before the 12 banner ends my salt will be at dangerous levels

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in time to pull your Danjuro

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:wow:

Is there a full list of these stamps somewhere?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah that U++ fight is pretty ridiculous. I won on my fourth try, but that was only because no one got hit with Stop

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lol, I had Krile's, Rydia's, and Rosa's SSBs and Rinoa's and Yuna's BSBs. My girl power mage team tore that fight to shreds

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm so happy daylight savings is over. Finally the event times are accurate :qq:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

First try against the U++, I got whittled down pretty quick. Tried again with Instant KO resist accessories, and I crushed the boss with no one ever dipping below half HP. It seems like a weird strategy until you realize that instead of saying "resists instant KO", your accessories are actually saying "gives boss ~20% chance to stun itself every turn" :stare:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh thank god the lucky banner is tomorrow. I've been itching for an 11 pull

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lucky Draw got me my third copy of Cloud's Buster Sword, Squall's Shear Trigger, Lenna's Power Staff, and Yuffie's 4-point Shuriken. None of them have particularly great SBs, but stat sticks are always welcome. Nice to finally have a sword for FFVIII

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Vonnie posted:

Ramza is probably the best first MC3 for me considering I have Hail of stones, shout, and tailwind for him, right? He basically never leaves my party anyway.

Good first candidate for MC3 is Luneth, because when he hits level 99 he gets an RM that gives you a 40% chance of receiving double EXP. Awesome for grinding. Level break him and egg him up

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mmmm, I love it when Ultimate bosses are weak to ice. Rinoa's BSB just melted everything

It was also the first time I used Wrath on Rosa. It's an amazing combo, anyone with Divine Heal should use it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do you think Wrath > Rosa SSB would be better than a straight up Aerith BSB though? Seems like a free party wide heal every turn kind of helps

I also have Tyro's BSB but he's way too busy casting wall and debuffing (He's my support) to do any of that which is a shame because his BSB is such a great support tool when I have space to cast it

Hard to say. It's true that Aerith's BSB offers more healing, but Rosa's SSB gives you magic blink, which is better under certain circumstances. I say use whichever you like more and laugh at the enemy's futile attempts to kill you.

Tyro's BSB is getting more and more useful as defense piercing attacks become more common. There will definitely be fights where it's clearly the better option

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KnoxZone posted:

Ask and you shall receive...

:stare:

This is.... much better than last year's Black Friday

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My only BSBs so far are Yuna's and Rinoa's. It'd be nice to get a physical one but I'm assuming my march towards OP mage meta will continue

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Whew, Necrophobe down. Juggling doom was a royal pain in the rear end. Wrath Rosa was great because Necrophobe deals crap damage for the first several turns, letting Rosa use Wrath 4 times before healing duty started. Faris's Kindred Spirit was pretty useful too because it activated both of the back barriers' doom triggers.

One person still died in the end because Nightmare Flare targetted the same person twice in a row, but ended up with Mastery anyway. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

1) Should I be running native Shout and SG most of the time? If I'm not using Tyro for healing (Selphie) or support (Ramza), what should I be using him for? Should I be RWing content-relevant SSB/BSB/OSBs, should I drop Tyro and be RWing wall, or should I drop Ramza, run Faris, and RW Shout?

Honestly Wall isn't nearly as crucial as it once was. I rarely have Tyro in my party anymore and I never RW Wall. Run party members with debuff SBs and Wall becomes unnecessary

• Locked thread