Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did a 3-pull because my 11-pulls are all budgeted for other banners.

0/3

whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Still tempted to pull on this for a last shot at Tidus' OSB, but the rest of the banner looks solidly meh. Yuna's BSB looks flat-out bad on paper, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

It's not going to heal as well as other healer BSBs, but that's kind of offset by a Faithga that stacks with Sheepsong (I think?) and the ability to deal damage while throwing out medicas

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Noel's SSB and Gilgamesh's OSB. drat, I was really hoping that disco ball was for Bartz because I've got his En-Wind SB. But now I have too many dupes to justify another pull. Bah.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I made a Memento Mori in preparation for the upcoming potential Golbez pain train and have been using it with Emperor.

Don't use Memento Mori with Golbez's BSB. The BSB already boosts magic, which makes Memento Mori redundant.

It's fantastic with other dark mages though

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

6/33

Agrias's OSB
Eiko's BSB (dupe)
Alphinaud's BSB x2
Alphinaud's SSB x2

I was hoping to get Agrias's BSB too because that would give me every single SB for Agrias, but alas

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it occurs to me now that I've got three En-Element OSB combos.

Maria's BSB + OSB
Lightning's SSB + OSB
Agrias's SSB + OSB

Goddamn this owns

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Got my first PVP kill today because I didn't think that Memento Mori was reflectable. RIP that Vanille I guess.

We need an April Fools stamp so bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'll get nervous at anyone running a sub-80 person in MP, but that's because their ability hones are usually poo poo

E: still never kicked anyone tho

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Man, they really need to not design multiplayer bosses who do "everybody goes to 1 hp" attacks, because there is way too much lag involved. That's twice in a row now that Kuja did Ultima directly into a Giganvolt for a full party wipe without a single person being able to respond inbetween. I don't even think an instant-cast medica would have made a difference, since people with fully red ATB bars didn't get an action off.

edit: Er okay seriously what the gently caress, is this supposed to be impossible without last stand or something? Did they break his AI? There's literally no chance to respond to his Ultima followed up by AoE attack, even with an instant-cast medica, and KO-resist accessories don't work on it either.

If you have an instant medica SB you should be hosting for this fight. No lag that way. I hosted with Vanille's BSB, and was able to have her BSB go off instantly after Ultima

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I have two sources of Last Stand, the damage reflection thing, Shout, Terra's OSB, and some other nice tools, so the hardest Nemesis fight is probably doable for me. I'm not that interested in trying though because the reward is dumb and I don't like fights that require such a specific toolset to even stand a chance

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So this is what I have for relics atm, which are worth investing in?

Danjuro 5*
Triton's Dagger 5*
Excalibur (VI) + 6* (I have another 5* I can combine with this, but I don't have the gil....
Gold Sword 5*
Blood Sword 7* (almost mastered)
Platinum Sword 5*
Defender (II) + 6*
Excalibur (FFT) 5*
Onion Sword 5*
Raijin's Staff 5*
Heavy Lance 5*
Platinum Fist 5*
Metamorphosis Claws 5* (almost mastered)
Wyrmfang 6* (mastered)
Lilith Rod 5*
Yoichi's Bow 5*
Mythril Gun 5*
Lustrious Shield 5*
Genji Gloves 5*
Locke's Bandana 5*
Book of Memories 6*
Reynn's Belt 5*

Current Party:

MC 37/50
Vanille 66/80
Terra 65/80
Cloud 50/50
Cid Raines 80/99

Based on the relics, should I get Ramza since I have two of them? Not a whole lot of good armor here and the rest is just 1-4 star trash items

Kind of wanting to replace MC and cloud with something else...

You should get Ramza because Shout is insanely good.

3 and 4 star items aren't trash until you get at least five 5* weapons and armor for every realm. Remember, all equipment gets a stat boost when you're in its corresponding realm. I've got twice combined 4* FFV axes that are stronger than anything else I've got when I'm doing FFV levels

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You're not going to get much sympathy from older players. Back in the day damage and action taken medals were so bad that you would often have to quit the app to restart a battle with trash because, before you even got a turn, one of them used an AoE move that hit your party for like 700, and that was enough to lose both damage medals and cost you mastery. Realm dungeons were insanely tough to complete

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

The EX bosses in events could do big gently caress you attacks in the first round as well. Remeber the joys of restarting a fight dozens of times until you got mitigation up and everyone was still alive? :shepicide:

Good times. Remember when Intimidate was one of the most valuable abilities for achieving mastery? I'm kinda sad I shattered it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

First time I was able to do a Torment CM. Used Agrias's En-Holy SSB in round 4, then nuked Belias with Agrias's OSB to deal 99999 three times in a row. Done.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

How good is Aegis Strike, by the way?

It's notable in that you can shatter it for crystals. Otherwise it doesn't do anything noteworthy

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

UHD posted:

There's always Ultimecia. Even though the last thing FF VIII needs in this game is another loving black mage.

Only if her OSB is just her smashing the target with a giant K

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

Cid Raines should've been the final boss of FF13, he's a much more compelling character than the things that are and having a Cid be the main villain of a FF game would be cool

I liked Barthandelus as an antagonist because he was just so happy whenever he was being an rear end in a top hat to the party

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't wait for them to hide an egg in the price tag for the Leviathan Pouch

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Man this CM is a bitch, he's really easy until like the last 20% of his HP and then he goes nuts and starts dropping ultimate meteor followed by doublecast AoE. Resistance-ignoring attacks when you don't have any good debuff SBs in a realm are brutal.

Yeah, it's pretty rough. I barely managed to pull out a win thanks to Arc's blink medica, which allowed my party to dodge a hit that would have killed 4 of them

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

I had a plague of Ramza's. Which somehow feels even worse.

I had three teams with Onion Knight BSBs join me, and combined with my Yuna BSB2 we just melted Hein

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

I used to do this with guys, but as it turns out wrath overwrites shout's 50% atk boost with a 5% atk boost.

Even better! It's a 3% atk boost

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wrath is a trap ability that is coincidentally amazing on any mages that can use it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm wondering why it was designed like that. It really feels like it exists to gently caress physical characters and only benefit mages with 4* support.

IIRC Boostga wasn't a thing when Wrath came out

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hey random guy thanks for never once using your fire SB against Ultros 200 and costing us mastery you stupid piece of poo poo :argh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Crap, now that I updated Android, the touch detection for this game is suddenly off. I recall other people were having a similar issue. Is there a good solution for this?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Party Boat posted:

After its launched switch to another app and then back, it should force a resize - you'll need to do this every time you launch the game. It fixed itself again for me in 7.1.1

Thank you! This fixed it. What a bizarre glitch

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pichupal posted:

From Reddit, the Tyro OSB/30 post.

Keep in mind that Japan is getting a free Tyro USB that's slightly weaker but has a Hastega attached and you'll see how bad this pull is.

lmao that's incredible

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Honing Lifesiphon to rank 4 would give me the edge I need to win this Ult++ fight, but... *glances nervously at pile of 2000 GPOs*

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did an 11-pull because hey, only have 1 dupe the banner, tge Grand Armor, and four rainbows popped up!

Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Orlandu's Cloak

Wow, gently caress you too, game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Reraise

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'll admit there's a masochistic side of me that wants to draw another Tiny Bee just because having mine sit at 6* seems like such a waste

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

2/11, Wakka's BSB and Sheepsong, both dupes

wooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, I think I've suddenly reached the point where this game doesn't hold my interest anymore. Events are a chore to go through, we fight the same bosses over and over, and there's no real point to honing abilities because BSBs rule the day. What am I even shooting for anymore? :shrug:

• Locked thread