Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

build SBs on the second dragon, use them on the third. use holy and fire on the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the catch is that we won't be getting nearly enough eggs to keep up with the crystals.

i got luneth's RM3 but i'm not sure that it was the right decision, it's gonna take an eternity for it to hit breakeven. at the same time, more total exp is more total exp.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bilperkins2 posted:

Does Imperil effects do anything when they're already weak to an element? Can they get weaker?

they can't get more than +100% weak, but some upcoming bosses will only have +50% weakness, which imperil can increase

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wouldn't touch that banner with a stick.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Welp, lesson learned. Don't use Selphie's BSB on phase two of Nightmare Evrae Altana. :v:

yeah i made the same mistake. i'm kinda suspecting that whole reason it has the KO effect was to ensure that it wouldn't cheese evrae too badly

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i got a blitzball

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i thought all of the big boss hit% was like 303% or something

yeah but that's still only ~40% after moderate resistance

going from your whole team getting bopped for 3k HP to only two of them is pretty good

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

giving gabranth a Gigas Armlet (moderate I/F/L resist) and Draw Magic kinda clowned the U+ CM

KnoxZone posted:

Swift Bolt is the easiest way of dealing with the U IMO, especially if you can't mitigate the damage without wall. A 3* ability with a fast cast time that hits for like 6-8k aoe? Yes please. Two ninjas isn't the worst idea either, as we should be fighting Omega again in a few weeks, so having two Swift Bolts will be handy there.

Yuffie with Swift Bolt, +30% ninja damage RM, and Heathen Frolic Sarabande was definitely MVP for me on that fight. and that's putting her up against Crushing Blow Lightning.

Prav fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 1, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I need every earth crystal I can possibly find if I ever want to hone meltdown :shepicide:

i thought black crystals were the bottleneck there

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

he still needs his MC3

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

superloosegoose posted:

Am I missing something or is serah's SSB and yuna's dragon roar ssb that pitifully weak? They never seem to go over 8k damage total. I used Maria's song too!

you're not missing anything, a 14x magic multiplier just isn't very impressive for a SB bar and a three sec cast. and since they're N-E it never gets any better than that either.

+50% res is nice though.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

gravity resist is really good

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Ramza is probably the best first MC3 for me considering I have Hail of stones, shout, and tailwind for him, right? He basically never leaves my party anyway.

his RM kinda sucks. i grabbed his crystal and then realized that i wasn't at all in a fussed to actually get him to 99

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

ideally, he never gets to cast reflect

ideally i never have to s/l

Halting Rumba is a good skill. for Omega i had Penelo use it at R3 and that was more stop than i needed

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think dances are still magic but aoe spells aren't subject to reflect.

dances are NAT

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the difference between a high- and low-mind caster using rumba/stop is night and day. if you're -250 mind from the target it almost doesn't have a duration at all

this is also why Shadowbind is so underwhelming - getting a significant amount of both mind and attack on a Cel4 character isn't easy.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

of course it's not until after i beat the CM that i remember that i can reforge three of the items i was using

think i'm gonna ease up a little on the whole "don't hone it until you need it" for ++ equipment

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I tried it with magic breakdown and shellga and I got destroyed by the first dualcast. Of course, I forgot to mention that I have almost no XIII gear to speak of.

that's the nastiest one - if you survive it you get a bit of a breather until the boss loops back around. you might even want to use the defend command.

still, no Full Break is a bit of a missing puzzle piece. another 15 levels wouldn't hurt either.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

tiny bee would be the whipped cream pies clowns toss at each other, at no point intended for actual consumption

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i figured that vinuskar was a bit of an rear end in a top hat after he did three sword dances in less time than it took my healer to cast a medica in response to the first one.

my second attempt he petrified Cecil, in spite of his resist accessory, with a single cast of Break. 33% base chance my rear end.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the stickers are loving great

1st AD posted:

lol I joined a party that had no mitigation or support at the toughest difficulty and they started before I could switch out my guys.

Stirdog posted:

Multiplayer is fun in a chaotic way, but it hurts me how poorly people kit out their team to fit in with the rest of the group. Why do we need 3 Tyros and 3 healers on 1 team?

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's fun and dumb seeing a nail go off with Vaan's bar full for a move that'd kill it. Especially when the nail only barely survived because someone else had their Tyro using chain blizzaga to do 750x2 damage to it twice.

think i got all of them here http://imgur.com/a/s8d8q

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i brought beatrix and selphie for mblink and then there was another beatrix and a rosa as well

we had pretty good mblink uptime

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

superloosegoose posted:

gently caress that reraise fight, it's not even fun

agreed but for all the nightmare bosses

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's not gonna solve your problems but Gust is wind magic

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the conditions on nightmare neo bahamut are so loving bad

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

finally i got nightmare Kaiser Dragon mastered. after i got my strat fully reliable and figured out it only took like two hours of attempts before the right phases popped up. the actual winning attempt was trivially easy (water -> lightning -> fire).

fun poo poo, dena

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

y'know, having a condition to not use black magic against the summoning nightmare boss, that's fair enough. but pulling medals because i used my 5* summoner's SB and it happened to be BLK, that's miserly.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i used Shatterheart. dude still hit like a truck.

damage was easy though just RWing Serah's burst. 4*7000 damage per attack is pretty good.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ok here's my setup for Ahriman. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

skip selphie/esuna and just blind it. the odds of it both hitting the attack and proccing petrify is negligible after that

you don't have anyone to poison it either. that's a lot of damage to leave on the table. you've got Cid right there, man.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

aside from too many proshellgas

i have, uh, not experienced this problem

seen a whole lot of r5 1* Sleep though

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How the hell did anyone beat this when it first came out?

a lot of people didn't. that's why they're back now in the Revenge dungeon.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'll take these two goofuses over Bartz every day of the week

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i got Freya's Trident and Eiko's Fairy Flute. i'd be more excited if my IX synergy wasn't already excellent and Freya wasn't a rat

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Does Chainsaw slow? The description just says it lowers poison resistance.

he mixed up Chainsaw (7,92/6 single-target phys damage, imperil poison) and Starseeker (14,2 /5 AoE non-elem magic damage, 100% slow)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that's third best item on the banner. second best if you've already got shout.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

kaiser dragon was a fun fight ruined by completely retarded medal conditions

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh gently caress off dena, ifrit's Hellfire is 50% gravity?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If you've played XIV at all you wouldn't call Minfillia cool. :colbert:

i've just seen her sprite and i still wouldn't call her cool

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

refia's seems to be set up for some serious lifebane shenanigans

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Heaven Spacey posted:

Don't bother even attempting the fight without a native Hastega by the way.

i just won the fight without a native hastega

... i'd still suggest bringing it

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

U+ is absolutely beatable without a Hastega in Multiplayer

so's apoc is what i'm saying. i just did it with three other random knuckleheads.

now do you want haste? yeah. yeah you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

How bad are the next two Ultimates for that event?

nothing outrageous, just bring some gravity resist for bahamut

• Locked thread