Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Charles Bukowski posted:

I had 50 mythril so I used the 50 mythril and I got 2 5*s. Abel's Lance and Sleipnir's Tail. They good?

You got two En-Element BSBs. They're very good. Arguably the grand prizes of the banners.

Abel's Lance has Kain do AOE damage and gain En-Lighting. His Burst Commands restore one of your commands and remove the delay on Jump attacks

Rydia's is simpler, just AOE Earth damage, En-Earth, and the Brust Commands are Single Target and AOE Earth/Non-Elemental Damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Alxprit posted:

Use the Burst again whenever possible, since enthunder will make it even stronger. Congratulations, you're wrecking anything that doesn't resist thunder.

Seriously an Elemental Soul Break while under the effect of it's En-Element is absurd. It boosts the final damage by 80%

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

for how many actions does burst mode last again?

5 or 6.

I figured this from Breakdown cycles for my Support BSBs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yes they all stack.

Protectga stacks with everything because it's a Status Effect rather then a Stat Buff.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:swoon:

I finally got Lightbringer.

Might as well try one pull on the OK Banner.

:swoon: :syoon: :swoon:

Yes. Today ia a good day. I don't even care if Maria's Song is redundant with it. I can use both because I gor the Onion Sword from the dollar pull.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Does anybody have the Synergy stats of the Wightslayer reforged?

Want to know if it's worth the Dark Matter.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Charles Bukowski posted:

I had 50 mythril and I didn't know to pull on Onion or the black friday. I pulled on the Black Friday banner. I got Balthier and Sephiroth's BSB's. Any good?

Balthier's isn't too hot unless you're fighting a boss vulnerable to the statuses it inflicts.

Sephiroth's is weird in that it's actually improving with age as it has a DEF ignoring command and power creep means enemy DEF is just getting higher.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

bilperkins2 posted:

Aerith's is weird - is it just me or is the damage on it pure dogshit? On U++'s it does like 500 damage per hit, feels like a pure waste.

It's White Magic so it uses Aerith's MND. Not a lot of MND buffs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So I now have an Earth Team mostly by accident.

Yang gives me Imperil Earth, Ingus and Maria give me two En-Earth BSBs, Onion Knight gives me Breakdowns and Vessel of Fate. Plus any White Mage and I'm good to go.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

There's something satisfying about hitting Caius with 8 7500 hits with Hope's En-Holy boosted SSB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The trick with Cagnazzo is that you have to pace yourself. Don't select your Ice Attacks until after he's done an attack. Then wait for the next one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I think the only other way to get them other than the xp dungeon is as a drop from the ultimate or the mote dungeon. After the event the only way to get onion motes is as a random drop from the ahriman mote dungeon fight.

The Engima Dungeon will return with the Cloud of Darkness event, at least. Don't know if more Onion Motes wilp be given.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's not worth using in any fight that matters because you're going to be using skills and not basic attacks. :shrug:

I use basic attacks to stretch out my R2 5 star skills

Granted, I'd rather have a reliable damage or SB Gauge RM.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well now I haven't used a single 4 Star Mote yet.

It's... beautiful. :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CaptainPsyko posted:

If you have his BSB, he's *absolutely* worth using as a Mage. Command 2 is basically an instant cast (after the first) NE -Ja spell that can break damage cap. You can probably get off 7 or 8 casts of it with haste during Burst, then burst again. Or you can alternate it with instant cast Meltdowns. :getin:

Don't forget that he's completely self sufficient since his burst gives a 30% Faithga.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well, yeah. I was mostly speaking about using Mage OK on a mostly physical team. It's like Darkness Mages in that way.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Oh, just one thing: while Full Break is mandatory since Full Break itself or Multi Break the multi-target Dancer 5 version is something you will bring to literally every fight, you don't need to hone it up high. R2 will do, R3 being a long-term luxury most people don't pull the trigger on even if they could afford it. Even R1 will help right now. I don't think someone who says his abilities are bad has the orb stash to blow on honing Full Break to R3, but just in case.

Yeah R2 Breakdowns is enough as long as you pace it right.

When hasted a Breakdown will last around two standard actions. So you can go Breakdown > Full Break > Attack without any issue and have the breaks last the entire fight.

Alxprit posted:

Am I reading this right? The next JP event is going to introduce Ceodore?

Looks like it.

A someone who likes TAY this pleases me.

Also has a Holy Dragoon Dress Record for Kain.

Ceodore's BSB looks neat too. 8 Hit Holy/Non-Element attack with a Percentage Medica, and his burst commands are a 4 hit Holy/NE Attack with a 20% heal to an ally added, and a 2 Hit Holy/NE AOE with Esuna attached.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 1, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah in JP this event and their Fest happened at the same time. Not so the case in Global. DeNA knows what people like, so there's no way the Onion Bracers aren't going to be on one of the Fest Banners.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Clearly you need to just max out Dark Zone.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Adel posted:

I was flush with 3* motes and foolishly dived into the Red Mage trap and now I have no 3* spirit motes. Red Mage isn't that useless, right? :gbsmith:

It's still stats and three star motes are stupid common.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

IcePhoenix posted:

I want Haurchefant from FFXIV

I'm betting they're going to add Gaius for the next FFXIV event.

Then I can see us getting Estinien, Ysayle, and Haurchefant after that, if they skip and/or just power through all the 2.1-2.5 to get to Heavensward.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

kalensc posted:

A white-mage knight appears

Ceodore is basically this. :v:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

God, if they're doing FFIV:TAY content, that means we're probably going to get Edge's horrible ninja squad that nobody likes. :sigh:

I like em.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My phone breaks for two weeks, get back on glad my game wasn't lost. So I do a pull on the Lucky Draw... and get a dupe of Seifer's coat. :negative:

At least I didn't miss Orbfest alike I feared I might.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dang Gilgamesh is tough.

Didn't expect AOE Death.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK so Maria doing 20K per Break cast on an Imperil Earth's Bahamut was hilarious.

First time I've used her in major content since I drew her BSB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well this is hilariously appropriate.

Even somehow mastered it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

kalensc posted:

What are USBs exactly? The jump in quality for SB to SSB was helpful, SSB to BSB was significant, but BSB to OSB has seemed less eye-catching. Do USBs become the new item to save mythril towards? Or is still primarily BSBs that defeat the toughest content in JP?

USBs are basically upgrades over SSBs. They don't break the damage cap but have more hits and stronger support effects.

I'm just waiting for the day we start getting 6 star Bursts.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nah one of the first was for Faris which was Attack+Support.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

baram. posted:

i smushed my dupes from the banner.

Now pump it full of Rosetta Stones.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Relics are by far more important at this stage of the game for you.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you have Shout and Terra's OSB there's not much reason to pull on that banner.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sega 32X posted:

Pulled Braska's ssb on the 100 gem. I have no idea who Braska is (yuna's dad?) and it looks ok but seems like a worse sheepsong?

Not worse, different. Trades the Hastega for a party wide Cast time reduction. If you have another source of Haste it's good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Elephant Ambush posted:

So the only FFT character I have that does NOT have a relic is Agrias. I've been really good about saving mythril for when Orlandeau hits but I'd like some advice on what the best banner to pull on is for Agrias.

Agrias has her relics on the same banner as Orlandeau. Her Excalibur BSB, a new SSB Shield, and her Kaiser Shield.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man. Man With Ingus' BSB I kind of destroyed Ochu.

Tauntilate + Earth Element = Not even enough time for the first BSB to run out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yes. This is a Good Pull.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah those were some of the Big Deal relics.

Viel of Wiyu is a fantastic offensive BSB. While Deployment Tactics is a great support one, especially in Multiplayer.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Chaos Rod, Warrior Bracer, and Holy Rod.

No bursts, no 6 star but on the bright side I finally have something for Yuna besides the hilariously outdated The Sending.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tiamat needs 1191 Magic in order to do three hits.

As for Alphinaud's BSB, he doesn't have a ton of problem getting meter once it gets going thanks to his ability to chain instant casts.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SuperHappy posted:

At least it has really good base stats? Y'know... for those times when you want to run Tyro or OK through the Monday dungeon, lol.

Tyro's been the opposite of most everyone else when it comes to SBs, with his first one being overtly powerful and every new one being more and more disappointing. I wish they'd just made the OSB a Wall + the extra attack. Even as weak as it is, it'd be SOMETHING to slightly outclass the SG finally.

Still... another +10 ATK for my Wall user, yayyyy.

An OSB is an OSB, and Tyro's BSB is really good too. It's not like it'd be hard to have upkeep on both Wall and some other SB with Lifesiphion. I do it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Thinking about it, the existence of BSBs are probably the single biggest jump in power the game's had even with the bigger numbers coming out in JP now.

Simply because it allows for so much more sustain. It greatly reduces the reliance on ability hones provided you've drawn the right BSBs. No longer do you need to worry about running our of R2 abilities in bosses since, after all, you have your burst commands. Sure, you still need some hones, but not near as much.

• Locked thread