Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh look, Keeper's Choice 2 banner.

... with guaranteed shared/synergy relics instead of character specific ones. And MAYBE a Guaranteed Gilgamesh BSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

FFFFFFFucking Partisan on my dollar.

I kinda wanted Seph's BSB, but eh. Still a 5*. Also a banner I might drop dosh on again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh yeah, uh... I did the 100 gem pull on the new banner and somehow got Kuja's glove.

When the gently caress was Kuja a white magic user.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Someone sell me on Exploda, Assault Gun, and Yellow Megaphone.

Also I feel a bit cheated getting basic SBs?

And finally, yeowch I'm behind. I guess dailies await me?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I like how Thancred overwrites Vaan's(?) fuckin' BURST SOUL BREAK.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh poo poo, 50 mythril over 10 days? Wonder what to blow this load on.

I'm assuming the next OSB is a ways out? Or are there useful things in the current banners.

Also should I just grind orbs for the time being due to being worryingly behind on abilities.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

KnoxZone posted:

The next OSB is next week (Squall), but isn't especially good. The OSB Fest should be in a few weeks (with the next Orbfest) and has some really nice toys if you want to pull there. The next super hype banners (after this Onion banner) are the XIV banner next month and the FFT Thunder God Cid banner the month after that.

wizard on a water slide posted:

The Onion Knight gloves on the current FF3 banner are meta-defining good if you're willing to get OK to level 99, a lot of people were saving mithril for it, especially people who have poo poo other options for boosts/magic boosts.

Oh right, this banner is OK banner. Pulled on it, got Luneth's BSB instead. And Ingus' Protectga shield. And an off banner Dark Helm IV.

I guess Luneth is gonna be my go to for synergy and Wind shenanigans?

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 24, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Accidental doublepost instead of an edit.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Now that's a dick move, game. Full priced lucky draw after I blow my build-up 50 mythril on OK's glove banner.

Will I get 50 mythril before it closes or...?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Beat the buzzer for the Black Friday draw. Went 1/11.

Got Yuna's Tiny Bee of all things.

ETB posted:

Busted on getting a BSB from Onion 2. At least I got Onion Knight's Staff. :toot:

Bonus battles were fine. The gauntlet wasn't bad, especially if you are honed properly.

This is the first Mote dungeon I'm having really trouble with a native team. It might just be a level issue, so I'll check back in on it shortly.

Also, all Onion motes acquired with no dedicated farming. :toot:

MUST BE NICE.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Inge posted:

How much mythril do you have?

From this to...

Inge posted:

How much mythril money do you have?

It will happen.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh gently caress, Orbfest plus more gambling for pixels?! Good thing I saw the ad for it.

I take it, it's 10-pulls or bust?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Should I burn an MC3 on Lightning or no due to only having her SSB and no BSBs for her.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Zurai posted:

Yes. But so would a +30% weapon damage RM, and those would also work on every single ability he used and also boost the non-elemental damage his OSB yields in the case of Bio-resistant enemies.

Don't go for +elemental or +weakness RMs, they're traps.

I'm reminded of Butz's MC4. Doing much more Wind Damage, psht.

Also Lightning's MC4.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The pull is in! And I got two of Steiner's SSB armor.

... wait, is Steiner's SSBs fire based or.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I dunno why but Quistis' BSB is getting me to consider at least a 5-Mythril pull. Would dollar pull but uh... yeeeeeah.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I somehow got Penelo's BSB, despite having Aerith's better BSB. Still makes someone incredibly viable though.

Also got Laguna's SSB, which will need Ice stuff.

But yeah, for a sorta high-end team before RS, would a team of Tyro/Ramza/Faris/Aerith/Beatrix be suitable? I mean, having two supports might be an issue but it might work.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

Assuming Wall/Shout/BSB's for the others... I'd dump Tyro for a second holy damage dealer (another knight, Raines...), or really, any sort of strong damage dealer, and RW Wall.

Best loadout for Faris in a setup like that is probably giving her Thief's Revenge/Mug Bloodlust/Dash and Slash/Sapphire Shot as appropriate/based on hones, have Ramza run two of Power/Magic/Armor Breakdown as appropriate, and ignore Faris burst commmands unless you run into longevity issues. Give Faris and Ramza Mako, Beatrix Gaia Cross/Lionheart and then run Burst commands/Saints Cross... seems good.

(Alternately, having a full breakdown BSB is a real good reason to move on from Shout to Cid Shout if you've got it, or something like Onion BSB if you have the synergy to support getting close to softcap with the latter)

I don't have Cid's shout. But yeah, I could just phase Tyro out in place of Penelo since her BSB and all.

And on top of that, of course, missing the events where I could have gotten those abilities for free, so I guess I'll just run dailies as I trudge through Core.

But still thanks for the heads-up/advice.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meanwhile, I'm sorta straying away from events as I try to get my shards up.

Squall you are literally holding this team down can you just drop your loving RM3 ALREADY

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

That reminds me. You should consider exchanging orbs in a pinch. Especially after an Orbfest.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Uncle Ulty posted:

You can buy Growth Eggs from the Gyshal Exchange, but I think most people would agree that's not a great use of Greens. ( 500 for a 3* Egg and 1500 for a 4*). Other than that I think the only other way is to trade Hero Souls and Blank MCs for them, and I'm guessing you need those.

Look at this nerd who doesn't stockpile cholesterol. Like come on son, half the fun in leveling a dude is cramming their gullet full of growth eggs.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

loving hell, this banner looks hella solid. I just don't have 50 Mythril to pull, nor do I feel like chucking a dollar at it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And pulled. 3/11: Red Scorpion, Exeter, and Edea's Faithga/Hastega.

Kinda wanted a BSB but I guess I'll take it. Maybe make a mage team while I'm at it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Stagger_Lee posted:

But I have Monkey Wrench and Cid has a better hat.

edit: Oh, but Irvine has Support 5. Maybe I will learn to love him.

If Full Break stacks with Irvine's Pentabreak, put that on and Mog's.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

It does! Irvine can also use shooter 5*, which grants a solid two hits of 3.7x water damage in the back row with a ranged weapon. Or 3.3x with no ranged weapon. He's still squishy and not a good combatant, but I have his pentabreak and I can use him everywhere now.

:same: Basically, he's a pseudo-glass cannon. Or glass pseudo-cannon. Still, nullifying practically half a boss's defense/resistance is pretty good.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Barring Shellga for Protectga, this is sound enough to clear the CM, yeah? Or am I missing something crucial here.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Attestant posted:

Red Scorpion means you have Shellga from Mighty Guard, so bring Protectga on Selphie. You'll need both. You probably also want to bring more breaks/breakdowns.

Relic & soulbreak-wise you're super set, but your levels are pretty low. So it'll be absolutely critical, that you try to kill both Biggs and Wedge at the same time. Otherwise you'll be facing defense piercing AoE spam from whichever is left.

So all I need are eggs and for Laguna to carry Power/Magic Break. Unless the extra 5% matters in bringing Breakdowns.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dammit Squall, don't make me make a Darkra just for the stupid medals.

I don't have any EnDark or Imperil Dark(if that's a thing), to make matters worse. Is it worth it or should I just hone up Dark.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

flowinprose posted:

Imperil dark would be pointless to use against him since he's already fully weak to darkness (so it wouldn't add any additional damage). What are you using as a roaming warrior? Do you have a native hastega? If so (or maybe even if you don't) consider using a Cid Raines BSB RW if you have a decent synergy mage weapon as it will melt his face off and cover the dark medal.

I'm just using a Wall as my RW. Got both a Medica and a native Hastega, so I figured why not. But hm, I guess I'll try the Cid Raines RW idea.

Schwartzcough posted:

You may consider investing in Memento Mori and/or Dark Zone. It's a really strong combo for darkness users, and is great for Cid Missions since it puts out great damage even without a SB.

Yeah, but that also comes with investing in Edea, who only has her Faithga.

... oh wait, yeah. That's actually a good idea. Need to up Dark Zone's hones, however.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Huh. Guess that was a good idea. :stare:

Selphie's Medica was up right as Laguna launched Frezing Barrage.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Can barely get Biggs to half before Wedge shows up. Is this a case of "just level your dudes" or am I missing something big again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I think I can safely say gently caress CMs unless I'm geared for them.

Also Beatrix will always fill her SB gauge after just one burst, holy god drat gently caress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

flowinprose posted:

You want to get rid of Fujin as soon as possible. Has the lowest HP and if you let her go for too long she starts setting people's HP to 1.

Plus you might get Zanketsuken Reverse'd when bursting down Seifer. And that hurts through Protectga. ESPECIALLY if he goes Bloodfeast -> Zanketsuken Reverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I was sitting on 102 mythril, so I said "gently caress it, go for CID RAINES".

Got Serah's Meteorblaze. Which I'll take. Just... need someone that'd benefit from them.

• Locked thread