Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yay, a new thread!

I'm waiting on Keeper's Selection until I see what I get from Eiko 1, as I said before. Just a few more days for that! The banner itself does have a couple of dupes in Platinum Sword and Bartz's Excalibur, but more Holy Swords and more FFT synergy isn't exactly the worst thing in the world anyway. Plus there's a chance at a good weapon for FF8 which I need, a magic weapon for FF6 which I need, a healing staff for FF13 which wouldn't be terrible, and Sentinel's Grimoire which is never a bad thing. The worst item here is probably Gilgamesh's BSB, considering my FF5 synergy is already insane and Bartz is mah boi. For the free selection, I'd probably take the Red Armlet. The Red Hat is also a decent piece for a realm I don't have much armor in, but it being a Hat is kind of eh for physical fighters. No need for the Gaia Gear or the Oath Veil at the moment either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Also, as an additional tip, mastery of event stages is generally less important than simply clearing them, as most of the good stuff (MCs, abilities, accessories, motes) are part of the first-time rewards, so if the stages are getting too hard (particularly the bonus battles), you can just ignore the medal conditions and go ham on the boss(es) with your best characters and skills. This is preferable than trying to slog your way through fights you otherwise wouldn't win by chasing mastery. You might even get mastery anyways in some circumstances due to how the rating system works.

Event stages don't ever have more than "Don't get KOed" as a mastery condition until you get to Bonus Battles, and people don't have to worry about those for a fairly long amount of time.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Who to break first, Ramza or Bartz...
Who am I kidding. Bartz needs to continue being the killing machine that he is. Also hooray for getting the final set of MC2s just when I'm running out of people to throw into my RM farming party. Monday won't be so pointless after all!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

You can choose the same item as many times as you want.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Seems like the Ultimates aren't too bad. Good. I'll ace them tomorrow and get my first MC3. Though, do they really need to move the Rosetta Stone into the Ultimate Battle's rewards? That seems odd after we've had it in the +++ for so long.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Shoenin posted:

So when are the next batch of MC III's coming out?

and the next batch? and so on

Four events from now is the Yuna Wedding event, which I have dubbed the "I Can Fly" event for funny reasons. That has the next batch. The next batch after that is the next FF8 event, and then after that is the Hope Academy FF13 event, and then after that is the FF4 Cid event, and then finally most recently is the Rufus event.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If I spend 3 Growth Eggs, 10 Greater Eggs, and 20 Major Eggs, I can get a character from 80 to a comfortable 97. I can do this 11 more times before I'm completely out of Major Eggs. Yeah, I'm gonna be just fine... Bartz with the SSB and BSB under his belt has now 247 Attack before equipping a weapon.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

NGDBSS posted:

:woop: Got the map working! (Edit: Oops, I cropped off the right border.)

I'm so inspired by FF14 entering the normal progression of dungeons and not being a side thing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone break down the Eiko banners for me? I see hype for Eiko 1 but I've been planning on using my pull on Eiko 2.

Eiko 1:

Eiko BSB - Curaga party heal and Crit rate +50%. Burst commands are single-target heal + physical blink, and Cure party heal.
Beatrix BSB - All enemy four-hit Holy attack, does more damage if party is all alive. Lowers enemy Holy resistance. Burst commands are attacks that also give Sentinel (attract most attacks and buff DEF) buff and RES buff to user.
Freya SSB - Multi-hit Wind attack that gives enwind.
Quina SSB - Multi-hit AOE attack that buff's party ATK by 50%.
Garnet SSB - RES buff, Major Regen, and Haste to party.
Steiner SSB - AOE Holy Attack based on DEF stat.
Kuja SB - Magical Dark attack that gives endark.

Eiko 2:

Zidane BSB - Wind attack that lowers Wind resistance of enemy. Burst commands are Mug Power and Mug Armor (damaging versions of Steal).
Vivi BSB - AOE Magical Fire/Non-Elemental attack that gives enfire. Burst commands are four-hit magical Fire to one enemy and two-hit magical Fire to all enemies.
Steiner SSB - AOE Fire attack that lowers Fire resistance.
Beatrix SSB - Multi-hit attack that gives party Magic Blink.
Kuja SSB - Focused Dark magic that gives party a 20% MAG buff.
Freya SSB - AOE Wind attack that lets Freya's jumps land instantly for three turns.
Quina SB - Gives party ATK and DEF +30%.

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 11, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A lot of the items on Eiko 1 are solid for me. The Hairpin could be useful as Fran will eventually be able to use that 5* Ranger skill that's Water-elemental. I haven't had a new Spear in ages, so getting a modern one would help a lot. Beatrix's BSB is just an AOE option compared to, say, Bartz's more single-target focus. Excaliburs are always nice. I don't have a focused Darkness mage, so Kuja could have some sort of use there too even. Eiko's Hamelin is the big prize, but even if I don't get it, I'll probably get one of the "good" things in the five pulls I can do. I definitely hope I get Hamelin before I expend every last Mythril I have so I can use some of it on potentially Keeper's Choice 2 and the Lucky Draw.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Took care of all the classic Tactics and FF3 dungeons already! I'm tempted to do the Lucky Draw now just to get it over with... I'm not gonna get more than five pulls anyway, sure, whatever, I'll do it.

Three 13 weapons, with Fang's Partisan, Snow's Winged Saint, and Sazh's Sirius Sidearms. On the bright side, some actually good melee synergy for FF13 for once. On the lower side, none of them are particularly interesting Soul Break wise. Ah well. A gun that's better than the Running Fire I had for ages is still nice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Now that I'm thinking about it, my primary team for FF13 is sort of hybrid leaning towards Mage, so the Sirius Sidearms are actually a pretty solid boon (ha) to it. But it also conflicts with Vanille's Protect-granting Medica, so I'd probably throw in someone different unless I wanted to do a Cid Mission. But I'll see how they do in the classics. I also threw in Lightning with the Partisan, maybe I'll swap out for Fang at some point but Lightning's at level 80 so she has more of a pressing use to me at the moment. Though now that I think about it, Dragoon abilities are ranged so Fang can still put in work with the Spear despite it being a front-row weapon... hmm.

Man, I can't wait to see whose SBs I'm mastering next Sunday. Might be a whole mess of stuff.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

First world problems with having a stamina refresh ready to go right before the Eiko event. The plan is to get my refresh only moments before the event starts, of course. But in the meantime, do I do Elite realm dungeons that don't give stamina shards, or just work on Wednesdaily and worry about all that on Thursday when it's more appealing?

Also, the new dungeons have all been light on stamina. Out of all of the mainline ones, 1 out of 6 was four stages while the others were all three. Makes it easier to account for things, but I don't know why they'd be so generous.

Also also, in the short time I was rolling with a full synergy party for the FF3 classics, Desch got his next RM. So that's taken care of real quick there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Went through and culled my Follower list so that when I want to look through it for potentially useful stuff I'm not drowning in a sea of level 10 Tyros that never played the game after the first few days. I also followed three Finishing Touch Clouds so that my RM-farming party can use them to easily kill bosses in the later stages of events.

I currently just have Shout as my RW, but hopefully I can get something more interesting/unique in the near future. If I do, I'll let you guys know!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I had another weird concern: I see that mote dungeons stop after the one associated with the Onion Knight event. Does that mean that when the Mote Dungeon arrives at that point, is it truly the last chance you have to actually clear the other ones, or do they recur just at a fixed interval without adding new ones, or does it become a permanent fixture, or what? I'm concerned about never being able to get Ifrit all done.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Four 11-pulls. Final haul of like four Kuja's Gloves, two Freya Tridents, two Wizard Rods, an Excalibur, and a Lightbringer, and also an off-banner Hunter's Rod. No Hamelin or Golden Hairpin though! Lame, but I can't complain about the Lightbringer no matter how much I want to.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm now saving up for Onion Knight 1. After looking over the banner there's been several things there that would greatly appeal to me, including a +Wind Spear that a certain Snowspell Strike spammer would use well, a +holy Robe that several folks could use that also gives residual stats, a good smattering of decent soul breaks and weapons, it all just seems useful. I might not have gotten Hamelin, but I can still power myself up a bit more.

Just six weeks to go...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I took the B-Team (as in Beatrix) out for a spin with Ultimate+ Kraken. The damage was impeccable with Imperil Holy, Bulwark Blade, and Agrias backing her up with Saint Cross. Plus, the extra SB charge from the slight Holy weakness made it possible to cast the Burst again while the Imperil is up and while she still has the all-stats buff. Each of the four hits did around 9000 damage to Kraken with the full buffs and debuffs in effect. This is definitely a party that will excel against bosses with no elemental weaknesses, and just AOE nonsense in general.

Bartz still excels if they're weak to Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, or Ice though. So he'll probably be taking part in the Meltigemini fight.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I suppose the Guy event is also being moved back to Thursday.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's been a while since an event has had single-stage boss fights in the basic dungeons, or a dungeon with the boss at the start rather than the bottom, huh? That's cool.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Congrats to everyone getting the Traitor's Bow. Now you can all know what it feels like.

I'm not gonna do the Lucky Draw though because calculations say I'm going to have almost exactly 200 mythril by the time Onion Knight hits, so I have to make sure I don't spend so I get four potential pulls.

So how's that mote dungeon going for people who aren't bothering with Cid Missions?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Red Soul down. No Mission, as said before. And like every mote dungeon before it, I totally ran out of hones! But I brought out Ovelia for this one for the Magic Blink, and boy howdy is that ever useful. But that's a lot of motes that I'll probably be saving for Fran once her sphere drops in two days.

Now to consider doing Ifrit... Magic Blink will probably be my key to surviving that one too.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'll combine the Evil Lantern but not the Witch's Hat; need more armor, not more weapons.

...free 25 mythril though, huh? Maybe I should do the lucky banner. Or maybe there'll be something better by the time it hits. Ugh. What to do, what to do.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gun users are pretty uncommon so this is one of the few weapons that you should immediately combine and reforge to 8* imo. Even if you wanted to keep a second one for CMs, the only other gun user in XII is Vaan and that requires a lot of Record Spheres for him to get gun access.

Fran can also get gun access with the record spheres we just unlocked! :eng101:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Not allowed to get dupe costumes, eh? Guess they aren't going to run the risk of glitches with conversion until they're ready for it. Ah well.

And yeah, I'd definitely want to go two 6* Witch's Hats and one 8* Evil Lantern. Just seems right. That'll fill up any holes that still exist pretty nicely.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

If I use the task manager and hit "Clear All", it'll close Record Keeper, but then when I go to reopen the program, it'll ask me if I want to resume where I left off. If I tell it no, it bumps me back out of the last battle I was in but still consumes my stamina. If I tell it yes, it goes right back to where I was in the fight when I opened the task manager to close the program, which is useless to me if the one of the guys I'm trying to level is already dead.

This isn't exactly right. When you exit out of the app and re-enter a battle, it'll take you back to the beginning of the round you were just in. Say that you were in a three-round battle against trash. You fight the first round, take some damage, and go to the second round. If you reset there and re-open the app, you'll still be in the second round with the damage you took. However, if you reset before the second round officially begins, you'll re-enter the battle at the first round, with all your health back to the way it was. It's best to do the app close right as something bad happens, like a particularly nasty critical, or a bad status ailment, or an instant KO, or if you screw up and use an ability before you wanted to. The strategy works best for boss fights because you can always start them over right from where they began.

If "double tap" doesn't work, and I don't even know why it would, try holding down the home button. That should bring you to a list of your apps, and you should be able to drag and slide Record Keeper to the side to close just only it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

https://twitter.com/FFRK_Official/status/793269685106073600

Don't worry guys, the FFRK Twitter is on the case.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

they look the same

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm enjoying running the gil daily and having greens drops and gil drops at the same time. None of this "overwriting an orb" nonsense.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Oi, finally got around to the FF12 ultimates. Beatrix actually got killed in the battle, Immobilizega was timed perfectly with Wall and Shellga falling off and she was drawing attacks with her Burst at the time. I still managed to win with no medals lost, but that definitely made it a bit scarier. I'll save the big guy for later, since I'm feeling drained today and want to save stamina for the event later anyway. But I wanted that lode so I could spend it on Agrias immediately.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Yay, Level 98 Agrias.

Oh, and congratulations to anyone getting the OSB. I know it's been very highly sought-after.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Grozz Nuy posted:

Does anybody know what the new max stamina will be after next week's DU? I like leaving myself a couple points below the cap so I can pop a refresh or two without spending mythril if something unexpected happens where I'll want it, even with a second one coming before orbfest.

172 not considering greens.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So how is sapphire shot without a ranged weapon? Apocalypse has so much more atk than my best thrower even WITHOUT synergy that it's really no contest what to put on Tidus.

Sapphire Shot has a potency of 330 on its own. For comparison's sake, Saint Cross has 340, maxed Thief's Revenge has 350, and Meteor Crush has 300. Incidentally, its potency is 370 when it's ranged.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

I'm wondering how in the world these Overstrikes can outperform BSBs. Even if the attack itself does more damage than the initial BSB, it seems like several turns of using the BSB's skills will end up doing more overall. The weapon itself is still obviously really good, but it seems like the skill isn't as useful.

There's something to be said for doing damage extremely quickly. Getting past hard phases of boss fights and such.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

How good is the EXP dungeon with the III event then? Just as good as the EXP daily? Cause that's pretty cool if true. Would certainly like to level some of these I, XIV, and Tactics guys alongside OK.

I'm personally just going to egg Onion Knight because he's gonna be terrible until the 90s anyway. Unless it happens that you need him in the party to get his motes, I'm not gonna worry too much about that. But if it's just as good as Sundaily, that'd be pretty awesome!

...man I really hope I get Onion Knight's burst.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I beat Daedelus. Beatrix did work. My healer didn't get stopped. That's basically all it came down to. Looking forward to fighting tonight's ultimates tomorrow.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

CaptainPsyko posted:

Otherwise, there's a lucky draw tonight, then save for Onion Kid or Orlandu

Tomorrow. Tonight is the Size Matters Not banner.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Welp, this is one thing I can cross off my bucket list.

I had no synergy mage weapons, just a couple of Sorceress's Crowns and a dream. Edea and Ovelia had Full SB meter RMs, Agrias and Fran had Ace Striker/Battleforged, and Papalymo had Attunement II. Everyone had Moderate Fire Resist, while Ovelia had the Major Fire Resist.

Strategy: Edea opens with Inaugural Parade, Agrias and Ovelia use Proshellga, Fran uses Magic Breakdown, Papalymo uses Blizzaja. Next turn, Edea summons a Rinoa BSB, Ovelia immediately heads to use Princess's Prayer for the Magic Blink, Agrias charges up Cleansing Strike with Blizzaga Strike, and Fran begins alternating Breakdowns, while Papalymo keeps on using Blizzaja. I had to get lucky that he wouldn't gank someone really quick by focusing too hard on them from the beginning. Single-target Firaja was usually a death sentence, for example. Once I finally got a good roll, Edea was able to keep up the pressure with Rinoa's Truespell Iceraze (re-establishing Inaugural Parade whenever she could), and eventually Papalymo would use his Enochian Blizzaja in order to get en-ice, at which point he switched over to Chain Blizzaga to charge up more uses and do Quad 9s twice. Agrias and Fran eventually land Cleansing Strike and Mist Overload to take some of the wind out of his sails. Ovelia tries her best to heal everyone as the time comes. Near the end I got some lucky rolls with a couple of physical attacks and Punch, but I did also eat two Meteors. Fran had kicked the bucket and Agrias wasn't too far off, but my two real damage dealers were still doing it right.

I never want to do THAT again.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mithross posted:

Started playing again after basically ignoring this game since just after release. I've got 50ish mythril, and I just cleared North Cave. What should I be doing, and should I spend my mythril now or hold out for an upcoming event?

There'll be a lucky banner later today that'll be half-price, that'll be your best bet for starting out. After that, spend at least one on Keeper's Choice volume 2 at the bottom, see if you can get one of the big prizes there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Got the basic Squall's Jacket and the super Almasy Revolver. Both are for FF8, which was my weakest realm of the three! Dreams do come true.

• Locked thread