Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the only MMO I can really tolerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Penny Arcade doesn't actually do research on the stuff they draw cartoons about? :monocle:

Probably not, but it was still funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got 3 out of 4 characters I have to level 65. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What site are you all going to for class build guides?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Am I wrong for thinking Chapter X was pointlessly padded with too much combat? This chapter feels like it never ends, it's just so poorly paced compared to the others.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't understand Hypercrates, why can't I just buy what I want individually? :/ I only want the pets and mounts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Here I'll rephrase your question -

"I don't understand why Bioware wants us spending $20+ in game for a chance at what I want rather than just allowing us to spend $3 to buy the item outright!"

:)

The mounts you can buy on the shop are $20.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is there to do for solo content after you beat all of the story content? Is there a dailies planet at 65 like there is for level 50?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since war accommodations are going away, what will take their place for PvP currency? Will there even be new PvP gear at level 70?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So long as the new expansion can take you from 65 to 70 by the time you finish it's all good. Right now one chapter from the current expansion levels you up, so it should be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't know what to do for solo content right now. :/ At least the expansion pack comes out next weekend (?) for current subscribers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Ah, that must be where I had seen 27th before. Thanks.

We get a free mount tomorrow. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

...no, all the rewards (mounts, companions, etc.) are Friday.

The site makes it seem like you get it tomorrow. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Does "be a subscriber on 11/27" mean you have to still be set for recurring? My recurring is not on but I still have a week of subscription time left. Really wanted to wait until tomorrow to resub to see if Origin put the combo on sale for Cyber Monday.

I was wondering this myself. I am pretty sure though you just need to be a subscriber, it doesn't have to be a reoccurring sub.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New expansion spoiler: i'm gay.

This expansion owns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Best part of the expansion so far, I got to kill Koth. I feel no regrets.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do I do now that I am 70? Where do I start getting better gear?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dmboogie posted:

hey this game is pretty cool right

:yeah:

I wanna play again but dont have the time. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoops, I resubbed last night. :O

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How come Command Rank ups never give any useful gear? Is there a certain rank you need to reach first at 70?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Voting Fuzz because i'm a follower not a leader.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Always be in the goon guild if for no other reason then to have a chat to poo poo up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True but i'm always so lonely in-game, no other goons ever sign on. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's okay to join as a low level babby. Don't see to many of those players anymore. A lot of us I think have been playing since launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Which Flashpoint's can you do again in solo story mode?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turbl posted:

Black Talon (Esseles for Pub), Boarding Party (Taral V for Pub), The Foundry (Maelstrom Prison for Pub), Directive 7, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi, and the new Umbara one.

Thank you! I had always thought all of the Flashpoints were available, but turns out that is not true. At least the new Flashpoint is available though!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

All vendors broken, galaxy map broken, Cartel Market broken, mission tracker broken, buff/debuff icons gone.

I don't understand what changed between when the patch launched and before? :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are goons on Jedi Covenant raiding? I miss raiding with you all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only reason to play SWTOR anymore is to grind for pets and mounts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to do group content with goons again. I hope this server merge helps with that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also this is why I don't understand why ToR doesn't have a poo poo ton of titles and mounts like WoW.

A title that probably takes an afternoon to implement could take a player days, weeks, or even months. Seems like a good return on investment to me.

This isn't true at all. TOR has an overwhelming number of mounts, pets, and titles to collect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

...that are pretty much either 3+ years old or come from the Cartel Market.

Okay? But you're still seriously wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have 94 mounts on my main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

This is the point. The game really doesn't have a lot of rewards for just playing the game. It would be nice if they added something to chase after that wasn't cartel based. More rare spawns like the CZ-198 Desler.

That's fair, but the original argument was that SWTOR doesn't have any mounts, that's still not even close to true. It may not offer them in the way that some players want, but there are still hundreds of mounts available, and they can all be bought with in-game credits from the auction house.

• Locked thread