Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I love this game, but I thought that PA cartoon was 1) a funny MMO joke, and 2) probably right. That is to say that there are probably some people who tried SWTOR before, didn't like it (fair enough, it's not for everybody), who might be tempted back by the latest very good teaser trailer, and ultimately be disappointed. Because it's still SWTOR.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm not sure if I ever actually even did a heroic before they put the teleporter in and made them soloable. I'd just dismiss them out of hand whenever I picked one up by mistake in the past.

Heh. I did them all for the achievement and title. But other than that, no. They were mostly too much trouble.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mortanis posted:

Is there any way to get to Odessen without running the KOTFE chain? I already did it on one character and have zero desire to do it again, but I have data crystals I want to dump.

You can also be summoned to Odessen by anyone in a guild who has the rank to use the flagship summon ability.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

I like crafting, I've gone synthweaving, archeology and underworld trading, is it pointless to keep this up? I feel like I'm very behind the curve here

Crafting doesn't really give any benefit to a casual player. Gathering materials to sell on the GTN can be a source of revenue but it's not worth a lot of effort (you're not going to make any better armour than you can earn/buy). Some players don't bother with an actual crafting skill at all, they get three gathering skills instead (scavenging, archaeology and bioanalysis) and harvest everything as they go along.

teacup posted:

Does your "legacy" let you do empire and republic classes?

Yup.

teacup posted:

The dark v light event, I got some random award at maybe level 20 or 25, when do I get more quests or do anything for this? What is the current level cap? And when does the event finish?

You can see the Dark vs. Light objectives in the Achievements system. Open your Legacy panel ("Y" by default) and look under ACHIEVEMENTS / EVENTS / DARK VS LIGHT. There you can see the things you need to do to complete each level of DvL. The event ends on November 29.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
The first five rounds are pretty straightforward, particularly if you have a high level companion. Round six is the first real ballbreaker.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

When can I start running tacticals? Is it a max level thing?

My Agent is rapidly climbing levels by doing story line quests, the main planetary series (which I have not seen Imp side), and heroics. Should be at 50 by the time I leave Nar Shaddaa

I think they become available at level 15? I just checked a level 17 Imp toon and they are definitely available in the group finder.

Don't expect to be cheered if you join pub tacticals at that level, though. Your character will be level boosted to the appropriate level but you won't have the abilities or perks you need to be really effective for your class.

shadok fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 19, 2016

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

bagrada posted:

Curious, when or for what spec does someone use a companion in tank mode?

With Smuggler/Operative I found it contextual on the fight. DPS is best for most situations but some fights have too many strong opponents at once that can overrun smuggler healing, and then I switch the companion to tank. I find with the heroics that about half of them can be run with the comp on DPS, the rest require tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
The game is not dead or dying but it is transforming more and more into a single-player game with MMO elements, and the player population is following: MMO raiding fans are leaving for other games because there has been no new raid content for quite a while.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I want a good bioware story in the star wars universe.

SWTOR has this.

• Locked thread