Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm not really sure if long driving around to get to a quest area is worse than say ch8 of FE where you go from the scion place back to your ship. Every 10 meters there's another 3 pack you have to kill. Then you get to the ship, do a cutscene and turn around and have to go basically back and all the mobs are there again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I went from 41 to 58 tonight doing just space missions. They are pretty good xp your first time through.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It just seems so stupid to have this Galactic Command leveling be the primary source of gear. If it was a bonus thing like the DvL boxes that would be ok. I quit and come back to this game every once again and I've always really wanted to love it but Bioware has consistently made such dumb moves.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

Since we're talking old MMOs, what was the allure around Star Wars Galaxies? I didn't start playing MMOs until DDO and my frame of reference has been WoW, LOTRO, Secret World and SWTOR. From how people in SWTOR wax nostalgic about SWG, it sounds as if it was more like Secret Life with a Star Wars skin. What was the big deal with SWG? Was it just that point in time of something Star Wars combined with MMO or something more?

SWG was a sandbox mmo. You created a character that wasn't the hero of the galaxy, he/she was just a person in the galaxy. You started neutral and could completely optionally do some faction poo poo to be rep/imp and at any time you could switch sides and work your rep back up for the other. And for the most part the rep was only for pvp related stuff.

One of the things I liked a lot about swg was the crafting and resource system. It was pretty complex and if you wanted to be good you literally needed a spreadsheet and a website that tracked resource spawns. Every resource was unique and could spawn for something like just 12 hours to a week. They had random stats and those stats affected the parts you built. Gathering mass resources meant you had to rely on other people and you had to socialize.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Ziost is a legendary tier req.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

What is happening to crafting mats? Are they adding a 10th tier? I really dislike the amount of crafting mats especially for artificer.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Clarence posted:

Just arrived on Ilum, managed to hit level 65 a couple of planets ago.

If I'm trying to get to Champion level on DvL, should I just go straight to Shadow of Revan and KotFE?

This is the first time I've taken a character this high - how spoilered would I be if I just spacebarred through SoR and KotFE, with the intention of following the story on a future character?

(I think the flashpoints are going to be my sticking point for Champion, though.)

One thing to consider is if you decide to try for legendary level you'll need to do ziost which kotfe will lock you out of.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Promethium posted:

Hoth is the last planet for Chapter 2, there are three more planet for the main class story before you go into Shadow of Revan (2 planets), Ziost (1 planet), then the KotFE chapters. Technically the main story also includes Ilum, Makeb, and Oricon, but they are not required for the DvL event besides a couple of Legendary level achievements and starting KotFE won't lock them out so you can go back to them later. For Champion level you should only need to run a single character through the story. Eternal level requires a second character on the other faction (but only to level to 65, not to do the whole story).

When you queue for a flashpoint with the Group Finder, it will warp you there once a group has been assembled. A few of them do not have a solo mode so you will need to queue for them (or get a friend and travel there manually, they are easy with two players + two companions). These are:
Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Red Reaper, Kuat Drive Yards, Kaon Under Siege, Lost Island, Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

Edit: Get the legacy perk that removes Quick Travel cooldowns and you'll be much happier with the travel time.

Kaon and Lost Island are not part of the champ level achieve for whatever reason.

edit: I'm pretty close to getting Legendary done. I didn't think I would and I wasn't really trying to but I'm down to just needing 2 of the ops bosses, rakghoul event thing and a few more HM fps.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 7, 2016

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

ahhh, down to just needing hm blood hunt and the rakghoul event one to finish legendary. I'm sure I can get blood hunt done, but I'm not so sure if rakghoul is gonna run again.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

Next week. :)

I hope so. I've seen conflicting info on it. Thought it was going to be this week and then some reddit guy said CS told him it wasn't running again until next year.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Yeah the infect one is specific to the event. I finished hm blood hunt today so just need the event to come back.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I would assume they'll turn off the xp boost when early access to the expansion starts.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I can see them turning on some kind of xp bonus to class story missions but I really wouldn't be relying on however many hours the xp buff says it has left.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

yeah servers are up. I got shae and the walker mount in mail but not the other dvl stuff yet.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

do any of you have the steelseries rival 500? That button layout looks much better to me.

Also I like the changes to Lana's face, it looks much better. Used to have weird angles on it.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

So, uh, starting out in Vereran mode is apparently a bad idea? I kept getting completely clowned in chapter one with my most well equipped character.

I tried doing ch1 in vet but after I finished it says I did it in story mode so idk is going on.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I hit 70 just after ch 4. Then I did command stuff and got to rank 7. Got a couple 230 schems but nothing else good. Guildies got some 230 set armor pieces.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Planetary missions disabled due to the exploit of it auto-completing some missions. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9134248#edit9134248

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I did one last night and it was def slower at 70 than I used to be able to do them. But my gear now isn't very good. The exarch, and the guy who summons in packs of skytroopers didn't drop a single thing. I was really bored so I didn't bother to find the paladin but I'm guessing he doesn't drop anything either. Not going to bother doing them anymore.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Chapter 2 was by far the hardest on Veteran the difficulty goes way down after that until you get to Vaylin's spirit. At least in my opinion.

in ch 9? The healing circles heal you but they also hurt her. I had a lot more trouble with the zakuul knights in the section leading up to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Lyer posted:

So does the command XP requirement go up higher every time you level? Or does it plateau at some point, because if it doesn't plateau, that's one hell of a grind to get remotely geared.

dulfy has the cxp requirements, the amount needed goes up pretty slowly. http://dulfy.net/2016/11/29/swtor-galactic-command-guide/

I'm already bored with grinding cxp and I'm only at 16.

• Locked thread