Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

Dak is better than Romo. That's why he's starting and Romo is riding the pine.

Yeah I don't think so. It is absolutely a hot hand situation.

Dak could wind up a better QB than Romo within the next two years if he continues to improve. But he is still a drat good rookie behind one of the best offensive lines in football.

Romo would not have been as effective on the run, yes. But he also would have been a much bigger threat downfield. Defenses right now are content to try and beat the Cowboys up front, since Zeke is the more immediate threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

"Hot hand" is bullshit. If the Dallas Cowboys thought Tony Romo was better than Dak Prescott he would be starting.

You give the organization way too much credit, then. Pretty much the way everyone in the metroplex has explained the situation is "let Dak play until he stops winning."

I like Dak a lot, and he cemented himself as the future of this team a lot earlier than I expected. But I still think the Cowboys would have been undefeated with Romo at the helm. Ultimately I won't really be proven right about any of this until we see Tony in a Broncos jersey, so gently caress me either way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

also, fans won't admit it, but Romo was way less safe with the football and Dak takes care of it. Romo probably would have had at least one bad game so far where some bad picks cost them a game.

Fumbles or INTs, take your pick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's a big difference between a hypothetical world where Romo didn't get hurt and started all 12 games so far vs a world where he just returned a few weeks ago after a potentially season or career ending injury. Should Romo be starting now? Absolutely not. If he had never got hurt, its very possible that they're 12-0 right now.

Yeah, you won't see any argument from me on this front. Romo should take the field in the regular season only to knock off a bit of rust before entering the post season (garbage time, baby), but his position as starter was gone as early as week 6 or 7.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smug:Hug the Cowboys, iggles.:smug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, The Cowboys offense looked so good against the Vikings. :jerkbag:

Yeah it did, actually. loving pwnage, as me and my friends might say in my neighborhood.:pwn:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Is your neighborhood a Call of Duty lobby?

Look me up dawg, I'm xXx_nEgA*weed*gOkU_42096 :cool:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Sunshine posted:

Cowboys are poo poo and I can't wait for the Raiders to skullfuck them in the Super Bowl

When all hope is lost the NFL goes crawling back to the Raiders.

Sad, imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tony Romo is actually Hitler, returned from the darkest depths of hell to bring pain, terror and misfortune to America.

I'm a big fan of his work.:godwin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The AFC South proves that a true dumpster fire is not fun to watch. Even in their shittiest years, the NFC East was a spectacle to see.

The most entertaining division in football, Imo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Giants/Cowboys matchups this year remind me of the Cowboys/Eagles games when Reid was running Philly. For whatever reason, Reid just knew how to pick apart the Cowboys.

Well, those two back to back games excluded.:mcnabb:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, it WAS a spectacle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jason Witten will not care, who gives a poo poo what Dez thinks

seems like a winning formula to me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

Real talk Romo probably wins that game. Romo knows where to find Witten, a player the Giants do not know exists.

Ereck Flowers might be the worst left tackle in the league right now. Eli has to dump off the ball so fast every play because Flowers couldn't guard a sloth.

Flowers made the Cowboys D Line look decent

Christ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Imagine Russell Wilson behind the Cowboys OL

:discourse:

I'm sure he does.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Romo's will be done

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak will hit a rookie slump at the last possible second, Romo will be too rusty to compete at 100%, and the fans will eviscerate another Dallas team for charging straight into the garbage can for the playoffs.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

corn on the cop posted:

you'd be constantly angry if your quarterback was eli manning too :colbert:

I think two rings being yanked out of the dark abyss of Bill Belichick's maw would be worth it, personally.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
1)gently caress the Iggles

2)Seriously though, I'm really not looking forward to playing Philly in the future. With the Giants and the Redskins, there are some big question marks about where they head in the next five years, even if it mostly comes down to "when will they switch out at QB?" With the Eagles, I mean they really felt like one good WR away from competing for the division. That first game against Dallas was a cheek clencher, and if Schwartz sticks around long enough as DC that's bound to cause headaches down the road. Wentz looks good, the defense looks good, that's two really big pieces right there.

I hate your city, your team, your fanbase, but I can't deny Philly scares me the most starting next season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That 21 year old Superbowl victory must be pretty satisfying after these years of repeated playoff failures.

It brings more comfort than an empty trophy case, yes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

shyduck posted:

We did it guys, we forced the rings argument

hell, just a single ring even

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The 64 was always worth it.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dak is the best rookie QB of all time, he just doesn't also play defense

Give him time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You know what? Take away the rings, and all that other poo poo.

If the NFC East is a trashboat, it's still the Dallas Cowboys' trashboat until someone else wants to try to take it away from them next year. Deal with it, I'm off to play Diddy Kong Racing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Romo with the Texans would be a win-win for me, since I'd be able to turn around and unleash the hellfire of Romo memes right back at Texans fans back home.

I don't hate the Texans, to an extent I feel for their fanbase suffering under a front office that inept, but holy poo poo the mud slinging after the Cowboys lost on Sunday was ridiculous. I'll take it from drat near every team in the NFL BUT the Texans, after the way Brock played.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zeke.....is dumb????:wth:

Not the biggest surprise. Gonna be a far more critical season for the young running back, I imagine.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

They actually replayed that game on NFL Network a week or two ago and it was just amazing to watch again.

It also had the NFL equivlent of an eclipse: :manning: bootleg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw9ubs1A6kU

It's also noteworthy for almost being a microcosm of some of the dumb media narratives about Romo. He played out of his loving mind the whole game while the defense couldn't stop Denver at all (They turned it over twice, but the Broncos never punted), but at the end Romo throws a pick, which was really an excellent diving play by Danny Trevathan, and then it turns into "HE CHOKED HE SUCKS" for a week.

This is the game that finalized my hatred for my own fanbase.

I want the Cowboys to win, but I will always wish death and sadness on the drunkass idiots who blame 100% of a game on the quarterback. It's maddening.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I'd rather have had Coughlin and two rings.

I think most people feel that way, little buddy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Romo warms the bench he should start a podcast in his free time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wentz is going to wind up being Goku, and Dak will be Vegeta

Whoever the other two field will both be Yamcha, imho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe the Cowboys defense will be so bad, that in order to win they will play for the other team during games, sabotaging them in the process.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A+

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I think Jerry Jones is sexually attracted to domestic abusers.

I think Jerry Jones is sexually attracted to anything after some Johnny Walker Blue

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I'm pretty sure Jason Garrett hasn't had back to back winning seasons as a head coach yet. Honestly, I'm not expecting that to change this year. I expect a subpar year from Dak, and in general a bad showing from a defense that finds a way to get worse. This is my Cowboys prediction, it would be nice to be wrong.

I also expect the Eagles, with their fancy new wide receivers, will win the division.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh nonono, shouldn't be paying good money to average players. In the long run, I feel good about the Cowboys future. They have to wiggle out a little further to remove themselves from cap hell, and they have young talent in some key positions that should improve in the next few seasons.

I'm just a little frustrated short term, since it seems impossible that Dak won't regress a little bit, and even if these young defensemen deliver I don't think there's a ton of depth in case of injury.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I had a dream about football a couple nights ago. I dreamed the Cowboys were beating the Eagles 59-0, and I just want to apologize to everyone. It might just be one of the lamest dreams I've ever had, even if a score like that would make my day.

Can the season be here now?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ONLY THE FINEST OF CHARACTER TO PLAY ON JASON GARRETTS TEAM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The cowboys deserve last in the division. Abandon all hope, I'm so tired of this organization. I just want to like my team. That's all I want. Why do they make it so hard?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CyberPingu posted:

Does Jerry go all :vince: when he sees these guys' criminal records?

I have gotten the sense that Jerry fashions himself Sandra Bullock from the Blind Side, ignoring just how lovely of a human being he has been on many occasions.

incompetent posted:

oh no a football player did something bad

guess i''m not watching football again

I'm sorry, are you enjoying watching half of the goddamn team embarrass itself every offseason? Like, beyond just the decisions of the front office? I've got zero confidence in this organization to keep anybody out of trouble. Elliott can't seem to avoid controversy, our defense is a bad night away from becoming drugged up murderers, apparently, and even if it is the weakest poo poo ever even Dak has people accusing him of stuff.

Just once I'd like to start a season with 90% of our personnel ready to play and not on the verge of sitting out a quarter of the season. Pardon me for asking the Cowboys to clear such a high bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

incompetent posted:

You're overreacting and saying it like the Cowboys are the only team that has these problems.

I never said they were.

I just want them to be better than this. Jason Garett hasn't put together two consecutive winning seasons since becoming the head coach, and while a lot of that stems from Romo injuries, it's the little poo poo like this that explains a lot.

I don't expect a football team full of saints. Christ, I still like the 90s champion Cowboy teams, and they weren't exactly the nicest bunch of people to deal with. But when your defense is a gigantic question mark yet again, when your organization is under fire for braindead suspensions yet again, when a defensive player has a road rage incident in the FC Dallas parking lot (just :lol: at this), it just sucks the wind right out of your sails before the season starts, and this is before we even consider poo poo like sophomore slumps and potential injuries.

I doubt anyone in this thread sympathizes, and that's fine. I'm just venting. Also, I'll take the combo three with a Coke.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread