Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

Seems like they deserve even more primetime games imo

This but unironic... wait, you weren't being ironic, were you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Febreeze posted:

I mean just lmao if you are an NFC east fan and don't want the other 3 teams to die in hellfire

I mean, it's true, but I want for the Cowboys to die last so as to spend the maximum amount of time in the maximum amount of agony.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just line Romo up at WR like he did that one time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Bennie Logan is hurt. Honey Beau Beau is their #3 DT.

But Bennie Logan is a FA next year and may be difficult for the Eagles to sign, so this may be a glimpse of the future.

I've been all about Beau Allen since he was a rookie. I don't know if he'll ever be a world-beater, but he's been good, especially considering he was a 7th round pick.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

drat man don't make the black bar so tiny that dudes got a family

You're the only one who thinks they're his.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

put romo and dak on the field in the same formation....

This play will end with one of them impaled on the other.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I played Eagles/Cowboys in Tecmo Super Bowl at the conclusion of last night's game and Philly won that 58-3, so there is that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'd be fine seeing if Djax still had anything left at this point. He can't be any worse than Agholor. The drop % between him and Matthews isn't the greatest comparison either given how involved Jackson has always been in the deep passing game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Eh, this is probably more likely than Agholar catching 3 passes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

True, like every young 20 something he needs to learn that life is just a series of failures until you are stuck in a loveless relationship, a demoralizing job and up to your eyeballs in debt, waking up each day and eyeing the safe in your closet that contains a pistol while you get dressed thinking "maybe today is the day, it would be so easy, so fast."

Better not be a revolver because I don't think he could catch anything on only 6 targets.

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Eagles WRs but I'd be pretty surprised if firing Lewis will accomplish much. You could make an argument for Josh Huff being the 2nd-most talented wideout on the roster* this year. That's hosed up but a lot of that is on Chip Kelly.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 10, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

He had a 52% catch rate this year. That's not abysmal. Plenty of guys have rough starts and improve, including with catch rate. In his first 2 seasons, Plaxico Burress caught less than 48% of the passes thrown his way (88/185). Hell, over his whole career he only just barely caught more than half the passes thrown to him, even in his best seasons.

My point isn't that Agholor hasn't been bad, but that he could still end up being a good player, and that we'll probably know for certain next year.

Trade you for Dez Bryant?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dak is a fraud who is only successful because of Zeke and vice versa.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'd like to think he's going to get a bunch of interviews where it's teams just calling him into a room and saying "Seriously, what the gently caress Rob" shaking their heads and giving an exasperated sigh.

" No, there are no follow-up questions. Please leave."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I, for one, do sincerely hope the DeSean Jackson returns to play the game of American football with the Philadelphia Eagles football of the NFC East Division of the National Football Conference

because I have an old DeSean Jackson Eagles jersey and I think I could finally sell it for more than peanuts.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

aBagorn posted:

No. They really aren't

This. They need 2 CBs, upgrades at RB, a LT of the future and a bunch of wide outs. Obviously that's not going to all get addressed this offseason but, well, I guess that's the point. I don't think they'll compete seriously for the playoffs until at least 2018.

I don't mind the Britt signing if he's cheap and is going to be the #2, but I hope they don't use their 1st-rounder on a receiver this year when there are so many good options available outside of the draft and so many other needs. If it turns out they draft a perennial All-Pro pass catch man I'll gladly eat my words though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can live with Smith at that money. Really hope they're not done yet though. We still don't have a guy with reliable hands.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Of all the deals I am seeing reported, it's looking like this one is in the lead for "least crazy money"

Apparently DeSean Jackson is getting 11m/yr

I wanted Jackson back but def not at that price. There's no way he plays every game the next two seasons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also yes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

BexGu posted:

The worst thing is if RG3 had Cousins numbers Synder would have offered RG3 all the money in the world and named the stadium after him. Cousins is a continual remind that Synder dream QB is basically a wash out now and it was a mistake to give up that many picks to draft RG3.

It is downright disturbing that they could trade the farm for RG3, have him bust and still wind up in a position to compete for the division despite it all.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just want to see Tony Romo quit the Cowboys, move south of the border and become the masked luchador Tony Loco. Worked for Bill Goldberg.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Eagles just signed something called Patrick Robinson. :effort:

I guess he was one of the Colts CBs last year? I can't imagine they're done at the position now and I'm assuming they just wanted to sign a vet to mentor young guys. Colts defensive backfield was a mess last year though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Reid might be the second best coach of this era. Granted, the 1st best coach is light years ahead of him, but still. I can't think of anyone I'd wedge between him and Belichick.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Remember when Andy Reid hired his heroin addict son to work with the team's trainers and he died of a heroin overdose during training camp at Lehigh and police found bags of steroids in his room?

Yeah, that was a great look for the team.

That might have said more about him as a parent and less as a footballs coach.

Or possibly it was just some awful poo poo that happened. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This is good because the pig is man's greatest and most delicious enemy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'd be happier about Romo retiring if the Cowboys didn't already have his replacement at QB. :argh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Speaking of dying, I'll probably die before admitting that McNabb was a better QB than Cunningham. Because he wasn't :colbert:

Tecmo Super Bowl convinced me that Cunningham was God and nothing and nobody can supplant him as the most amazing quarterback ever. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I hope all the Cowboys draft picks arms have to be amputated after a simultaneous high five goes terribly wrong.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

All this talk of rookies makes me sad that I'm not gonna have Gamepass this year because we're cuttting out a few luxuries to pay for another car. Say what you will about the entertainment level of preseason games but it's a great way to get an inkling for what the bottom of the roster is like. Like, is it all garbage, or do you have sweet, hunky man men like Beau Allen? :swoon:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 8, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm not sure that Ingram really adds much of anything to this offense and while there are better centers than Kelce in the NFL, I feel like if there was already one on this roster that guy would be starting. Maybe there's a guy who's cheaper and only a marginal downgrade in all that depth somewhere, I just don't see they're being much of a benefit to it. Maybe they're seeing it as the offense needs a bigger guy and not a lighter dude who can pull? The current compliment of backs doesn't really seem like it benefits as much from that though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lets just strap him to that machine from hell in that one Simpsons episode for a few days.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Am I the only one who's not expecting much out of Blount ? He's just hit 30 as a smashy smashy style of runner and his ypc took a hit last year. I guess he's fine as a short yardage back but I'm not expecting him to singlehandedly change Eagles running game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

axeil posted:

Nick Foles, hands down. :v:

Hey, that's Hall of Famer Nick Foles. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

I want Mac Back

:same:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles extended LT Jason Peters though 2019, when he'll be 37,

I think it was a great idea. Why get rid of someone who is still playing well just because his age indicates his play may decline in the future? There was mention of a possible move to guard in the future if he can't handle tackle anymore. I don't know how likely that will be, but Peters, Seumalo, and Brooks would be a pretty thick interior line at 1k lbs+.

Looks like they save $5 mil in cap space doing this too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

axeil posted:

Zeke might be a shithead, but there should be some actual due process around this stuff.

That's fair but have you considered gently caress da' Cowboys?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Ertz is going to have a breakout year this season.

What year is this?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Exactly. He's not trash and there are plenty of worse TEs starting for different teams out there, but I'd hesitate to call him elite. He's somewhere between average and good. You can't argue with his speed but his hands are just okay and he doesn't always seem to know where he's supposed to be on the field.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Somewhere a janitor takes a cobweb and dust-covered Marcus Smith, load him onto a hand truck and shoves him out the door.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hell, if they're going for Revis why not call Nnamdi up and have the best CB duo of 7 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

The Cowboys are fun and good and going to the super bowl this year.

No
No

And I'll allow it if they get completely shithouse by the Pats and Jerry Jones suffers a career ending injury somehow.

• Locked thread