Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a patagonian cavy posted:

you're a good poster and I like you

He's not but he's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eagles got the rough end of the curve with the reffing. They weren't playing well, though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Where he breaks his back and the Raiders walk to a 45 - 3 victory

Khalil Mack is basically a war crime at this point.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah Demarco Murray sure was and is garbage.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I would expect to hear rumblings about the thug quarterback if that happens in Texas.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Deflategate was a power struggle, not an actual transgression and measured punishment.

Goodell had to win so he could impose dumbass things like TNF, Saturday Night Football, London Games, "I'm just here so I don't get fined", not sharing clips on social media, and players not endorsing any other alcohol except Budweiser.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why would you want to risk the injury and dropping 5 spots in draft position

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

If it were a divisional game I would agree with George, just because nothing feels better than spoiling a rival's season.

It maybe hosed the Steelers so I'm happy

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah he has a chance of actually being Bipolar.

All of his behavior makes a complete sense that way.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Derek got doxxed but doxxed people back (there is actually an entire hate subreddit dedicated to people obsessing about him) but SA has a zero tolerance policy

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shiksa posted:

Against a good defense and hey would you look at that the run game didn't show up again.

Hissing at any less than stellar performance like the aliens in v is what idiots in buffalo who want to run tyrod out on a rail do.

Does not compute, please reframe your argument in Star Trek comparisons

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

The strength of victory thing is tainted by beating Dallas with Sanchez at the helm, but they had some good victories and lost some close games. They finish with a point differential of +36 which is tied for 9th.

I'm content with the results. Considering they have a rookie coach and rookie QB, they did well. They showed promise for the future without totally screwing up their draft position with a pointless playoff run that would have gone nowhere.

I'm annoyed they won two meaningless games and hosed up their draft order.

Edit: Dammit I forgot they swapped picks. Nevermind.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 2, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Its interesting having played 2 weak teams at the start of a season as opposed to the end, if we had started against the Seahawks and Dallas, then beat the Steelers, people wouldnt have been so high on what would have likely been a 1-2 schedule.

All in all this has been a good year for the Eagles, we have a franchise QB, have really found out where the holes in our team are. Also we won 3 games more than i expected so woop

Plus got that first round pick back

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Let's all take a moment to appreciate how Chip Kelly didn't even make it a year with the Niners.

That doesn't mean anything. Jed York is a loving moron and you can't hire a GM without giving him his choice in a coach

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

They should think about drafting a LT.

I'm surprised Beckham's hamstring has stopped being an issue, those used to be chronic career limiting injuries 5-10 years ago.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He said, before the Giants lost in a blowout.

Another meltdown for OBJ after the game. I hope Giants fans appreciate how much this guy wants to win for them. I don't think there is another player in the league who cares this much. (Or maybe he just needs anger management treatment.)

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/818273628483526657

He has actual mental issues. If you saw anything like that behavior out of someone in your life you'd be trying to get them into therapy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Haha, I punched multiple holes in the wall as a teenager. I'm not sure it's mental illness as much as immaturity. Being a top flight athletic star with people worshiping your every move can stunt your development in other areas. OTOH, I don't repeatedly see headlines like this about other players.

I'm talking about the growling and banging banging your head into the locker.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

OBJ punching a wall after a playoff loss is literally nothing, except for funny. Punched walls probably happen at least a few times per season. Not saying that it would be acceptable for a normal person to go around punching walls, but this is an incredibly physical game and he wasn't hurting anybody besides himself, or destroying property outside of the stadium.

I don't care about the wall punching so much, it's the other things. Anyway, I'm an Eagles fan so I hope he hits a stud next time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

This guy gets it.

19-0 starts now!

Seriously having WRs not named Jordan Matthews who have actual human hands and not claws like a deformed sewage monster will be a massive improvement alone.

Raiders game is also on Christmas on MNF and is going to be Real loving Good. Like so good I'm debating getting tickets and freezing my rear end off.

Jordan Matthews is thoroughly mediocre, Nelson Agholor is actually useless.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He got two years to not be bad at football, if he wasn't a first rounder he'd be gone.

Like there are probably a ton of UDFA's who would have doubled his production.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

This makes sense, since I tend to think of America's heart as being black, rotten, and generally unsalvageable

The racial makeup of the city as of 2014 was:

45.3% White.

44.1% Black.

Ban him for being a cowboys fan but use this as an excuse

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

it occurred to me after I posted this that someone might construe it that way. Meant it the way you'd say someone has a "black heart"

for example: "That black-hearted monster threw a battery at santa claus"

I wasn't serious at all but that was a beautiful comeback. It's gonna be a fun year!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

NFC East draft grades: http://www.phillyvoice.com/nfc-east-first-round-2017-nfl-draft-grades/

tl;dr:

Eagles: B+
Redskins: A
Giants: C+
Cowboys: B

He may be biased towards Jonathan Allen though because he had Allen as the Eagles' pick in his final mock.

And yeah I guess with Allen it's all about the shoulder.

And maybe the back.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

I'm boggled that by all accounts Washington actually did well.

Mcloughan set the draft board, and he's a genius.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

El Patron posted:

Agholor MVP

We live in the worst timeline, not the funniest one. He will bounce around on 2-3 practice squads after next year and never see a second contract

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Legarrete Blount will be dearly missed

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's a fuckin' dumb trade, and I like Mark Ingram.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kelce is as athletic as his brother and in any eagles runningback highlight since he's been drafted you will see Kelce pancaking someone on the first or second level.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

At first I read that as "Kelce is as athletic as a brother".

What am I, the head writer of Bruins Beat?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Am I the only one who's not expecting much out of Blount ? He's just hit 30 as a smashy smashy style of runner and his ypc took a hit last year. I guess he's fine as a short yardage back but I'm not expecting him to singlehandedly change Eagles running game.

If he gets 1000 yards and 8 TD's I'll be ecstatic for what he's getting paid.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

euphronius posted:

Well the good thing for Blount is he is going from the #1 qb to #2

His nickname is already "Philly Blount", unofficially.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

drat, Kempski is BRUTAL in these:

"Carroll stunk last season with the Eagles, particularly in the second half of the season. He was so bad that the Eagles showed no interest whatsoever in bringing him back, despite having arguably the shakiest corner personnel in the league. The notion that the Cowboys signed him to a three-year deal worth $10 million still confounds me.

That said, I will say that I admire Carroll's commitment to fitting in with the culture of his new team by being arrested for DWI less than three months after he signed in Dallas.."

LMAO:

"When I retire from writing about football in 30 years, perhaps some day someone will ask me what the easiest part of the job was. My response will be, 'Finding funny pictures of Eli Manning.'"

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 28, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

Eagles!

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2017/

Also he's right, we totally are gonna suck poo poo this year.

don't have hope, don't have hope, don't have hope.... :ohdear:

I'm gonna be honest I have infinitely more fun getting drunk and saying crabby snacks and homemades than I do watching the Eagles nowadays

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Carson Wentz is Jake Locker 2.0

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Michael Vick held a come to Jesus meeting with Cooper and the team and I guess it was a locker room decision to keep him.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blue squares posted:

Very smart of the NFL to desperately find a way to suspend one of their star breakout players

If they don't come down on him you're going to have another Odell Beckham/Von Miller/Aldon Smith situation where he continually Kramers around until poo poo gets real. They want him to be a star, not arrested.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sickening posted:

The suspensions are for his benefit people.

Worked for Tom Brady

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sickening posted:

I am certain that there is nothing in this world that could improve tom brady's life at this point.

Blitz for six

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't blame him. Barring a career ending injury he has all the reason to let this play out on the open market. Washington can still tag him and match any offer that's provided, or they can part ways and Cousins becomes the face of whoever wins in a bidding war between LA and SF.

He's still made a fuckload of money. It's a good gamble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can't see many FA's going there for market prices if Snyder and his team are going to release petulant statements like this.

• Locked thread