Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Looks like the Cowboys still haven't looked up the word "defense"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tom Sellout posted:

ACTUALLY the all rookie secondary will gel quickly and Nolan Carroll will enjoy a career resurgence and Jaylon Smith will wiggle his toes into the opponent's backfield all year long. Taco and David Irving will intimidate offensive lines with sheer arm length and Jeff Heath will be a pro bowl safety. The offensive line will take no hit with Doug Free retiring and Ron Leary leaving because La'el Collins will be the best right tackle in the league and Jonathan Cooper was a first round pick once. Dak will continue to improve and Dez will manage to stay healthy all year. Rico Gathers will become a dominant tight end receiving force because he played basketball. Ezekiel Elliot will help them keep the ball 40 minutes a game and keep the defense fresh and we'll ride all the way to a dominant super bowl BIIITCH

Oh, word?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles fans: Why is nobody talking about Timmy Jernigan? I don't understand why he's being ignored. Everyone is happy to talk about Long but one of the best run stopping DTs in the league we have for a one year rental should merit some consideration. Our line is gonna be good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

How dare you suggest that having Tom Brady under center makes a running back's job easier

LaGarroute Blount, 2017 NFL MVP

Well cowboys fans IRL seem to be offended when it is suggested that Dak and Zeke are largely products of an insane offensive line so should you cast stones?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Vast majority of fans loved mcnabb. There was a small set of racist loudmouths that didn't.

This is exactly it. But then the chants for (insert white backup QB) would become deafening as many of the majority would be reminded of their vices

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

I don't remember any chants for white qbs when mcnabb was playing.

Did that happen?

Pretty sure Kolb was with McNabb. Also I seem to remember a lot of Feeley hype.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

OTA's and all (IT'S ALL WE GOT NOW GUYS)

Philly d-line is man handling the o-line. And Cox isn't even there yet. Jernigan is particularly standing out. Vinny Curry is stepping up. Carson is looking accurate. And Rasul Douglas shut down Torrey Smith (which could be a good or bad thing).

Nelson Agholor looks particularly motivated and is catching everything thrown to him :eek:

DGB is looking like a dumb rear end.

And that's your 89 Eagles OTA Day 1 recap

Don't worry man they'll all look like poo poo in 3 months

(which could be a good or bad thing)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Would you take the Eagles offense or the Giants offense this year?

Giants. Eagles offense should be pretty good but Beckham and Marshall are both better than Jeffery imo, Randle is also really good, and Eli has proven himself more than capable of delivering the ball even if he is careless. It's nice to know there's a decent chance I'm wrong, though. Blount really adds a lot to the team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think we're just louder/more devoted.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Yep

I'm kind of worried tbh. He might not be good.

Nonsense

:ohdear:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want Mac Back

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to keep Peters a career Eagle. I know a lot of people in my office that'll be pissed, though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Dropping Trey for a 26 year old rugby project would be really, really, really dumb.

Agreed. Lets drop Celek.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Won't be missed bitch

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles rule Wentz is the next Marino Cowboys suck Redskins suck Giants suck Woo!!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Eagles 16-0, super bowl champs. Wentz enters hall of fame while still playing.

Realistic, tbh.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He's being hyped up in camp this year instead of some random UDFA. I've seen the guy play real NFL games.

We all have. The hope is he can at least retain some value so when we get rid of him it's not for a conditional 6th. And it's not as though it's impossible for him to turn it around.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles fans are always loudest in the offseason because its the only time they're champs.

We are the loudest always because we are the best fans in the division, both statistically and by eyeball. Also because the eagles are our only chance for a decent sports team this cycle.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Uhhh, the Sixers are almost assured to make the playoffs this season. The east is trash.

I don't believe in Simmons or Embiid yet.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Idk what it is about philadelphia and football but we loving LOVE our Eagles.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well that's the beauty of this division. Every team has a legit shot to be a playoff contender, even Washington. Pryor looked good last season and Crowder and Doctson and Reed are all solid. Would it really surprise anyone to see them in playoffs? I could, especially if Perine works out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah no that team is rotting from the inside out. It's pretty toxic there right now.

Also Crowder is nursing a hammy and Doctson pulled his a few hours ago

I thought that was just a narrative driven by the Kirk situation. He is a QB but does that really break the whole team?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

I'm going to my first NFL game!

Eagles @ Chiefs

Got a lower bowl ticket in the corner, 20 rows up. I hear there's not a bad seat in the house. Pumped.

I will be hated.

Just speak amiably of Andy and talk poo poo on Alex Smith and they'll love you man

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hell yeah!!!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey so why do you guys think people in the NFL tend to be higher on Wentz than casual observers? Smoke and mirrors or something to it?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scouting costs? I'm talking people across the league, not Eagles personnel.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phil...tml%3famphtml=y

Also

quote:

Wentz is the lowest-ranked player considered by voters to have an especially bright future, which is why he has nearly as many Tier 2 votes (11) as all the lower-ranked players combined (14) -- despite a rough finish to the 2017 season. Multiple voters thought he could threaten Tier 1 down the line.

"Wentz, I think, is a 2 and has a chance being a 1 this year," a GM said. "What I saw last year, he is exactly what you are looking for. Toughness, movement, arm, quickness, decisiveness, accuracy. I think he is, of all the young quarterbacks in the league, the pick of the litter."

An assistant coach from the NFC East also placed Wentz in the second tier.

"I know he was up and down in the second half of the season, but I think he has a chance to be really good -- really good," a defensive coordinator who faced Wentz as a rookie said. "He can run the ball, he can get himself out of trouble, he is agile. I thought he was pretty smart and pretty poised. He did a couple things against us where he got them in and out of some plays that hurt us a little bit. I respect a guy like that, and that is as a rookie. I think it's all in front of him."

A personnel director said he thought Wentz, like [Jameis] Winston, would take off once surrounded with a strong supporting cast. A former GM said he'd take Wentz over Prescott if given the choice, even though Prescott had much better numbers.

"I think he is capable of carrying a team more consistently than Dak is because the pocket is for him," this former GM said. "The pocket isn't for all these guys, and I like Dak Prescott. You have to respect what he did."

And theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/24/packers-mike-mccarthy-and-aaron-rodgers-are-impressed-by-carson-wentz/amp/

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 24, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Two articles from a year ago? Both of which appear to be on philly newspapers?

So did Carroll and Rodgers lie, dipshit?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I didn't bring up Dak tho friend

E: the one quote did but that wasn't at all my question

vvv it's on nbc

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 24, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Good article! Thanks!

Wentz had some nice plays tonight!

You don't have many friends do you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, Mills looked alright so our CB#2 is going to be crap unless Rasul Douglas surprises us. Still, having only one particularly bad corner should be survivable with that DL.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Horray for an article series that will calm my Is Carson Elite urges!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It doesn't have to be an eagles thread, ya'll other fans just need to speak up

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

indigi posted:

Wentz isn't very good. I think Bortles 2015 may be his ceiling.

Quoted for posterity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Welcome to the light, my child.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So why can't the Eagles rotate OL starters? Why is it with our level of depth that we cannot, say, have Kelce in there for the first half and put Wisnewski in there the second or Warmack in there for runs, that kind of thing? I get the lack of reps aspect but surely this is feasible?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Now that Sproles is hurt like this I want the Eagles to win the superbowl all the more

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles have now beaten two 0-4 teams in consecutive weeks by a total of 5 points. When do Super Bowl tickets go on sale?

Both of which most people would have told you were pretty good teams before the season began, both of which have excellent albeit aging qbs, both of which had the benefit of only having half of our defense to contend with, particularly in the secondary.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why does ODB cry so much? Seems like he needs to see a therapist.

That ankle looked so hosed though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope the Eagles win this game and get my city totally pumped. I hope then that the Giants sneak a win and begin 11 weeks of Eli bullshit and snake the division from us when we finish 10-6 and the cowboys are 8-8.

• Locked thread