Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think Wentz is better than he's looked, but lol @ showing three clips from a game vs. the Browns

Those are legitimately great throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Greg Lewis was a terrible wide receiver himself back in the day, so maybe they're onto something.

Also the only Eagles WR to catch a touchdown in a Super Bowl :negative:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Eagles WRs but I'd be pretty surprised if firing Lewis will accomplish much. You could make an argument for Josh Huff being the 2nd-most talented wideout on the roster* this year. That's hosed up but a lot of that is on Chip Kelly.

Dude had 13 catches for 70-something yards, 1 TD, 1 fumble (0 lost) through 7 games. He's got 500 yards receiving since 2014. Not sure that would be an easy argument to make.

Meanwhile all three starting wideouts had a drop rate in the league's top 50 which is poo poo terrible and at least partially on the coaching. No WR coach is gonna survive that.

It's amazing how much this team resembled the early McNabb teams. Starring Trey Burton as L.J. Smith, Nelson Agholor as Todd Pinkston, Dorial Green-Beckham as Freddie Mitchell, and Darren Sproles as Brian Westbrook. Jason Peters as Tra Thomas, Lane Johnson as Jon Runyan, Brandon Brooks as Shawn Andrews, and Doug Pederson as himself.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheChirurgeon posted:

He had a 52% catch rate this year. That's not abysmal. Plenty of guys have rough starts and improve, including with catch rate. In his first 2 seasons, Plaxico Burress caught less than 48% of the passes thrown his way (88/185). Hell, over his whole career he only just barely caught more than half the passes thrown to him, even in his best seasons.

My point isn't that Agholor hasn't been bad, but that he could still end up being a good player, and that we'll probably know for certain next year.

We'll know for certain next year, true. But we have a pretty good idea now of what he'll be like next year. It's not like he's talented, but raw. There weren't many flashes of potential this year and very little to suggest he might be good in the future. He didn't show great speed, he was a poor route-runner, he couldn't catch (especially in traffic), and he wasn't great with the ball in his hands either.

Now, at least some of that you can maybe chalk up to his alleged poor mental state. But having a poor mental state is a major red flag itself. He has to overcome a lot of adversity in order to succeed, if his head isn't on right there's 0 chance of that happening.

The only good thing from Agholors point of view is that he is definitely under contract for all of next season. All of this poo poo means absolutely nothing if he comes out and kills it in 2017.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Win or lose, the Eagles always put on a good show on MNF.

They got Sean McDonough to make a good PbP call, even.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VZG6HV5IU

now the second greatest comeback in NFL history

30 minutes to recover from being down 25 vs. 8 minutes to recover from being down 21.

Super Bowl vs. Regular Season obviously, but I think the latter is more remarkable in a vacuum.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 28, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That's really out of left field.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jay Ajayi will really help the Eagles. He’s easily their most talented runner now

It's not like Smallwood and Blount were bad at running, though. The bigger issue was pass protection + running routes out of the backfield--someone who can help deal with the constant blitzing. Dunno how good Ajayi is at that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If the thing about Siemian tipping plays is true, they really had no choice.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think he just started practicing again after missing the entire season till now.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

This is the setup.

The punchline is that he's gonna be lining up against Vaitai the entire game

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/904373448889122817

never 4get

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I had the Eagles going 8-8 this year so I'm already playing with house money :woop:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
We should start a GoFundMe for that face-stabbing device

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Jesus. I just audibly gasped reading that. That's dodging a bullet. Wentz would've been written off as another failed QB if McAdoo got the job.

Pederson was the -third- choice in that coaching search.

First was Ben McAdoo.

Second was...Tom Coughlin :shepicide:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think they'll be able to protect Dak better since they've had a week to think and plan for it. They lost Smith last week as a game-time no-go, right?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ham Stinkie posted:

The Eagles needed a 61 yard field goal to beat the Giants, so yeah, anything can happen in a divisional game.

That was before they imploded into a grisly tangle of torn ACLs and shattered ankles.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a new study bible! posted:

Eagles have played the easiest schedule in the league.

Not by DVOA.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NotWearingPants posted:

Is that a sex thing?

Depends what you're into. It stands for Defense-adjusted Value Over Average.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-11-dvoa-ratings

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Please please please be a really bad sprain :pray:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I just went back to it on gamepass to see how mobile he was if at all. Yup, he's an absolute statue on every single play. Shotgun snap on all of them. Handoff to Clement, handoff to clement, incomplete to Jeffery, TD to Jeffery. The only time he moves even in inch with the ball in his hands is a one step drop on the TD.

It could still be a sprain goddammit :negative:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wentz didn't have any problems throwing short last year. Its just that these receivers are better at intermediate/deep routes than short stuff. Losing Jordan Matthews hurt in that respect.

One of the few things the offense could still use is a possession receiver who can run a nice slant route.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Diqnol posted:

His name is Zach Ertz

I meant to say "besides Ertz".

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Somewhere, a phone doesn’t ring. A man answers anyway. It’s Colin Kaepernick.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I love this town.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
WORLD loving CHAMPIONS

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

El Patron posted:

They should just register it as the main jersey if they can't get this through, I'd love to go back to Kelly Green completely.

We won the Super Bowl with the midnight green, it's here to stay :colbert:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tom Sellout posted:

im not gay or anything but Zeke has the sculpted body of a greek god and will put up 2k yards

Much like a greek god, Zeke will spend this season chained to a rock while eagles rip out his guts

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol Cowboys fans complaining about Dez's drops, welcome to a team that fixed Nelson Agholor, Dez!

Agholors turnaround was some serious :eyepop: poo poo. More wideouts should see a sports shrink.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Drive so drunk you fall asleep at a light and block traffic, try to fight with the cops and get tazed, and then they find a gun in the car. That's a real loving triple play right there. :byewhore:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I feel like at 23, you're either smart enough to get a loving Uber or you're too stupid to ever learn. Just cut him.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This would be a much different post if that was Carson Wentz

The greatest mistake of Carson Wentz' life was getting himself locked inside a WaWa bathroom, not "Passed out drunk at red light, fought the cops, got tazed, had an unlicensed gun"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Nah, everyone was just asking why the guy with the first-round grade got passed on 50 times and the answer is "he really, really sucks at interviews"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I haven't heard a single peep about it until today. It WAS kept under wraps.

Exactly. It can't hurt him anymore, can it?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheChirurgeon posted:

Always a good sign when your GM mocks analytics

Are we sure he wasn't typing his resume

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

very stable genius posted:

New month, new reminder that the Football Eagles of Philadelphia won the Super Bowl.

Never 4get

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Workout injury, apparently.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DaStampede posted:

People were fired for that

Dak's gonna get his people fired this season

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jason Garrett is coach for life

Dak can still claim his tithe of offensive coordinators and QB coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Doug Pederson already got his first win of the season.

The Philadelphia Eagles will be wearing their green home jerseys when they visit the Superdome in November -- thanks to a golf wager between coach Doug Pederson and New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.

:lol:

• Locked thread