Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The NFC East is Eagles are the best division team in football.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnimatedElatedImpala-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They aren't going anywhere with H. Vaitai at LT and an cat emoji at Linebacker

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Hicks hasn't actually been that great this year. Peters is a major loss but not crippling.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe move Johnson to LT and Vaitai to RT?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe move Johnson to LT and Vaitai to RT?

That's the most likely thing to happen tbh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It is but Johnson was awful at LT.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Keep Lane where he is, why weaken the line at both sides ?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Hicks hasn't actually been that great this year. Peters is a major loss but not crippling.

Yeah you can cover the loss of a linebacker up by playing more nickel, it doesn't hurt that bad.

Losing your all-pro LT is really awful though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Big V didn’t do all that bad at LT last night

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Keep lane at rt imho

Why weaken two positions .

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009

axeil posted:

This season is really reminding me of 2003.

Wentz looks like early-career McNabb out there.
Blount is Duce Staley, the bruising power back.
Smallwood is Westbrook, the elusive tiny RB who's great as a pass blocker.
Clement is Buckhalter, the rookie who you can't quite figure out and is also hurt a lot.
Malcom Jenkins is Brian Dawkins, the awesome safety that people finally are starting to pay attention to.
Ronald Darby is Lito Sheppard/Sheldon Brown.
Jake Elliott is David Akers.

There's a lot of similarities.

Torrey Smith as Todd Pinkston! Nelson Agholor as Freddie Mitchell! Trey Burton as Jeff Thomason(?)

I don't think Alshon runs enough end arounds to play James Thrash, though.

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

Diqnol posted:

It is but Johnson was awful at LT.

He played it one preseason game with no practice time or something?

El Patron posted:

Keep Lane where he is, why weaken the line at both sides ?

Peters is most likely done forever. Johnson is your best OT and teams traditionally play their best OT at LT. He's already getting paid like a top 5 LT.

There's no way Vaitai is the Eagles' LT of the future. But maybe he could be the RT.

It's a short week, so maybe don't make the change now. They could even wait until the bye week. Go through the motions of letting Vaitai try to impress and win the job. Spoiler Alert: He won't.

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017
Of course it's always possible that Roseman will pull off a trade for someone like Joe Thomas before the deadline.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Thomas is also IR'd

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Joe Thomas is also IR'd

Perfect. We can harvest his organs

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The only way I'd accept the Patriots winning the super bowl again this year is if they do it against the Eagles

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Rewatched the game again, Wentz really needs to learn how to slide, on most of his runs he dives head first to gain extra yards, which is fine when you are fighting for first down yds but when you are already past the marker just loving slide...

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CyberPingu posted:

Rewatched the game again, Wentz really needs to learn how to slide, on most of his runs he dives head first to gain extra yards, which is fine when you are fighting for first down yds but when you are already past the marker just loving slide...

Some QBs just have a mental block against that poo poo. Vick was the same way.

Maybe Wentz can be coached out of it because he's still so young? I know they tried that in Atlanta with Vick and it never took.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Wentz is a fan of the truck stick.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

QB's dive forward as needed because they are a runner until they are touched.

If you slide you're down where you start your slide

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ham Stinkie posted:

He played it one preseason game with no practice time or something?

Peters is most likely done forever. Johnson is your best OT and teams traditionally play their best OT at LT. He's already getting paid like a top 5 LT.

There's no way Vaitai is the Eagles' LT of the future. But maybe he could be the RT.

It's a short week, so maybe don't make the change now. They could even wait until the bye week. Go through the motions of letting Vaitai try to impress and win the job. Spoiler Alert: He won't.

Lane filled in at LT in 2015 too and sucked at that time. They tried it a bit this preseason with predictable results. Sometimes a guy is just suited for one position and I think that’s the case with Lane. Seems the coaching staff agrees since they’re keeping Lane on the right.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

axeil posted:

This season is really reminding me of 2003.

Smallwood is Westbrook, the elusive tiny RB who's great as a pass blocker.

What the gently caress is this

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also I hope to godwe don’t just play more Nickel because it’s not as though our DB depth is wonderful either. I want more Kendricks!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

paternity suitor posted:

What the gently caress is this

It was a list demonstrating how the 2003 team was better than the current squad at multiple positions, except QB (and maybe kicker? Remains to be seen.)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I like the Taylor Hart signing, for now, if nothing else comes up. There is possibly some potential there.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I still bust a gut laughing when I hear Merrill Reese because awhile back someone asked for that Eagles Giants comeback video with the announcer who always sounds like he's at the Hindenburg

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I still bust a gut laughing when I hear Merrill Reese because awhile back someone asked for that Eagles Giants comeback video with the announcer who always sounds like he's at the Hindenburg

That's the Lay's Spicey Sriracha Kettle Chip Hot Take of the Day

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
LMAO link that video. Is it the game with the missed field goal return?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

always be closing posted:

LMAO link that video. Is it the game with the missed field goal return?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VZG6HV5IU

now the second greatest comeback in NFL history

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Ahem.

https://youtu.be/o7Xs8a_nASo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I see a bad team vs a bad team from a different division in week 5 and not a dagger that ended the playoff hopes of a hated division rival.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I see a bad team vs a bad team from a different division in week 5 and not a dagger that ended the playoff hopes of a hated division rival.

25>21 :colbert:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm going to be honest, I bet each year I could sleep with more women than the Browns win games

I'm in a monogamous relationship and I tied them last year and I'm winning this year

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm going to be honest, I bet each year I could sleep with more women than the Browns win games

I'm in a monogamous relationship and I tied them last year and I'm winning this year

Which is why we clutch at these fleeting moments of greatness, i.e. Joe Thomas's Iron Man record.

Ham Stinkie
Oct 21, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Some fun Merrill Reese trivia: He originally got the job because the Eagles were so bad his predecessor killed himself.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Between Reese and Kalas, Philly really lucked the gently caress out with play-by-play guys

I miss Harry 😟

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

30 minutes to recover from being down 25 vs. 8 minutes to recover from being down 21.

Super Bowl vs. Regular Season obviously, but I think the latter is more remarkable in a vacuum.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 28, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah there are a lot of things to consider. I'm completely split 50 50 as a Pats Eagles fan and I think you have to give the Superbowl the edge just for the simple fact that like 85% of the country was rooting for NE to lose.

Plus there was just so much more at stake and Atlanta was such a good team last year.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is a good post. To be fair it's a lot easier to score with women than it is to win as the browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
During the meeting where Bob McNair called his players prisoners Jeff Lurie said he supported the players' right to kneel for the anthem.

Lurie may be the best team owner in sports.

• Locked thread