Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Seems like they deserve even more primetime games imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blue squares posted:

I hope for this thread to lead to some good discussion between fans of NFCE teams.

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

Lol this is the NFC east gently caress everyone else in the division

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I mean just lmao if you are an NFC east fan and don't want the other 3 teams to die in hellfire

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

indigi posted:

look, I hate the Cowboys and the Redskins. who doesn't. but Kirk Cousins, despite beating the Eagles yesterday, isn't anything. certainly nothing to get upset about. let him enjoy his 15 minutes before he becomes a perennial journeyman backup, switching teams every other offseason. Tony Romo proved to be a fun punching bag to start his career, and even when we play the Cowboys now (assuming he's healthy) I can respect him for dragging that garbage team to relevance from 2008-2013 by himself, sacrificing his body in the process. while I wish them nothing but losses, there are players who are likeable on each team. I can enjoy watching a Dez Bryant highlight, or a DeAngelo Hall picking off Cutler four times in one game.

but. The Giants. Eli Manning is hot piss-marinated garbage that has also been sous-vided in piss. he's a legit average QB at best, but he's still got two superbowls and will walk into the hall of fame. despite him occasionally being a turnover machine or the fact that in 2007 he played like poo poo all the way through the playoffs, I cannot find any solace or balm in his foibles and failures. he is anathema, he is the enemy, and I will take joy in his demise. also everyone else who has ever been on the team is bad.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Wentz is cooler and better than Dak

And I hate them both

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

incompetent posted:

it's because wentz is white isn't it?

Both are overrated but Dak is super overrated because of the line and Zeke making it easy for him

Wentz is legit, Dak is just good at not loving it up

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 18, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

We are pretty lucky Febreeze is a Giants fan. Could you imagine this poo poo if he rooted for the Pats or Steelers? :barf:

I didn't make that gif, sadly. There is a redditor on the Giants subreddit who makes really great gifs and this was his mona lisa

I did make this though

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

If the Cowboys are smart, they'll sit Romo until he's truly healthy instead of rushing him back and hurting him more. Romo is still better than Dak.

However Dak seems better at taking care of the ball, so I hope the Boys rush Romo back and ruin everything

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I honestly don't know what to think of the Giants this year. The offense should have been more high powered at this point and the defense should have been a bit more stout considering the money they spent. I'm just kind of meh about it all.

We should have won that Washington game.

One thing that has gotten a rise out of me is the fan response to Beckham's antics. If I hear one more middle aged guy named Tony from Long Island bitch about him, I'm going to shoot someone. I really gotta stop listening to Francesa.

Giants offense would be a lot better if we had tackles worth a poo poo, pretty much all the problems stem from that

defense has been okay, but they really need to start generating turnovers. We have two whole interceptions, both on Rodgers (lol) by noted bust pickup Janoris jenkins, who's actually been pretty drat good.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 20, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

Giants pass blocking is still stellar it's that the run blocking is dirty aids water. Giants have no run game to speak of both in the RBs and the blocking so there's zero clock control. Giants defense has been incredible for how much time they're stuck on the field each game.

How can you watch the tackles we have and think we're good at pass blocking? I mean at one point against the Ravens Flowers basically let Suggs walk right into Manning so easily Suggs tore his bicep out of surprise. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 3 teams we've beaten have been the 3 teams with the inferior d-lines. Dallas can't rush the passer. Saints defense is terrible. Vikings and Skins have good to great D-lines, and so does the Packers, who we should have passed all over but Eli was forcing errant passes because he was instantly swarmed.

The Run blocking is rear end, no argument there, but we do not have good pass blocking, certainly not stellar pass blocking

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blue squares posted:

How much longer will Eli keep playing? What is his current contract looking like? Are Giants fans beginning to wonder about planning for his replacement? I know Cowboys fans have been anxious about life after Romo for a few years now. We got absurdly lucky with Dak.

unless he really falls apart I think we get another 2 years out of him minimum for sure. I imagine the Giants are really going to start considering finding his replacement sometime in those next two seasons. It's probably not Nassib. We might use him for trade bait or just let him walk. I see them drafting someone in the second round at some point in the subsequent two seasons.

I'm worried about his mental ability more than physical. He still has the arm. He's overall a very healthy guy who takes hits the right way. But he's not the unflappable machine he was around 2011 when our line sucked. He's clearly affected by pressure now and has been since 2013. He needs protection. I'm not ready to give up on Flowers yet but my god please find something better than Marshall Newhouse.

The Giants are likely headed (or have very much already reached) a true decade of spectacular failure. The other teams in the division have found themselves in some fashion. Dallas is in good hands likely with Dak and Stephen Jones holding more control instead of Jerry. The Eagles might have found one of the next great QBs (still too early, but promising returns). The Skins, kind of an unknown, but Gruden seems to have the support of the owner now and they feel more competent than anyone wants to give them credit for being after so long in the dumpster. The Giants are close to the end of the Eli era, they ended the Coughlin era, and the great unknown is looming. They need to get Eli whatever he needs to make his final years count.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Daltos for a man who trusts the eye test more than most of TFF I'm starting to wonder if you've actually watched the Giants tackles attempt to play football, you're normally a champion of how FO and PFF don't tell nearly the whole story

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

My favorite PFF stat was two weeks in a row of Eli Manning

Eli had a terrible game the first week, mediocre completion %, like 1 TD 1INT, nothing to write home about. PFF said "He was actually better than average!" and gave him a top 10 grade.
The following week Eli lit up the other team for like 3 TDs and better numbers all across the board and PFF gave him a negative grade based on the most arbitrary poo poo you've ever heard like throwing dinky passes on 2nd down.

PFF is just terrible. FO is okay, but only when it comes to certain stats.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

So this division has Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and John Mara in it

not only are we the best division, we are the most blatantly evil.

of course the only owner with a relatively clean record is Lurie, and the Eagles have no championships, so maybe being evil pays off

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

ESPN has been sucking on Romo's knob since like 2010

Romo only really got the respect he deserved when he lasted most of the season that ended when Dez didn't catch it

People were starting to respect Romo before then, but until that season he didn't really get slobbered. Hell, most of 2014 was the Offensive Line and Murray getting all the love anyway.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

drat man don't make the black bar so tiny that dudes got a family

like he could father or satisfy anyone with a tallilicker that small

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

:lol: only if Palmer goes out for the season and the Cards lose the wildcard somehow.

might be easier than you think when they have a half win stuck in their record

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

2. His accuracy. Can he place the ball anywhere on the field?
3. His precision. Can he place the ball in a specific spot when he throws there?

I know the rest of the post has jokes but I can't tell if this was one, please elaborate the difference

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The NFCE still hasn't lost in London this year :smug:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Cousins is good but seeing Nattybo jump all over to prove how good he is makes me want to keep discounting him as poop

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

Says the guy who has had a Manning (granted, the just ok one, but still) at QB for a decade).

Good QBs for my team in my lifetime are:

1 season of Mark Rypien, 1 season of Brad Johnson.

That's it, that's the list.

hey RG3 was cool for a season

Also I am totally on your side in the Cousins debate. I think he's good and underappreciated. But nobody is going to notice until he beats good teams consistently. The only good team he's beaten so far is the Eagles, and it's still kind of tough to tell how good the Eagles are.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 31, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

True, true, but the end of that season was so tragic I kind of blocked it out.

Same with the Brad Johnson season, actually. I cried after the bad field goal snap at Tampa Bay that would have taken us to the NFCCG - and I was like, 15. Then the center, Dan Turk, who hosed it up, died like less than a year later so I couldn't even hold on to my irrational hate.

For the record I am totally on your side in the Cousins debate. He has made a couple of hilarious mistakes and had a really INT happy start to his career so nobody gives him credit anymore. I think he's good and underappreciated. But nobody is going to notice until he beats good teams consistently. The only good team he's beaten so far is the Eagles, and it's still kind of tough to tell how good the Eagles are, so while I think Cousins is good it's kind of hard for me or anyone to really trust him yet.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

89 posted:

Eagles are gonna beat the Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers in a row. Just watch.

Put some fanduel money on it why dont ya

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

axeil posted:

what about the eli-ailures?

He didn't mention him because deep down, he knows Eli is the best

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I distinctly remember when earlier this season AFCN fans were laughing at how easy their schedule would be because they got to play the NFCE

lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

shyduck posted:

Food for thought: Nobody in the NFL is good.

except the NFCE of course

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

the Eagles were also dumb as poo poo

Chip Kelly's Eagles tenure in a nutshell

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

As a outside source who hates both teams with a fiery passion, and delighted in seeing them both lose to his team...

The Cowboys are obviously better than the Eagles and it's hilarious anyone can argue otherwise. Especially at this point in the season. The Cowboys look like genuine contenders and have possibly the most stable offense in the entire conference. Their ball control offense of running and safe passing (Dak is way safer with the ball than Romo is) helps hide the deficiencies on defense by giving the defenders time to rest. Jason garrett is still a stooge but he's acceptable.

When the Giants beat the Cowboys it was week 1, the two rookies hadn't yet come into their own yet and they look so much better now, and the Giants barely squeaked it out, thanks in part to that guy on the Cowboys who didn't go out of bounds on the possible game winning drive. I think this current Cowboys team probably clobbers the current Giants.

I don't think you can call the Eagles the better team with a straight face. The Cowboys are the clear frontrunner, and the other 3 teams are about equal.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

Not to interrupt Dan vs Wentz chat, but can we talk about how bullshit the Redskins schedule is?

This weekend we play on SNF before having a game Thursday midday. So basically a 2.5-3 day turnaround. Fine whatever I guess it's only 8 hours less than Dallas gets plus travel time too.

The week before Christmas we play Carolina on MNF and then have a SATURDAY 1PM game @Chicago, so a 4 day turnaround Only team in the league with 2 short turnarounds in one season.

Thanks, Mara.

Mara is a bad person but I don't think he makes the schedules

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

89 posted:

"Nelson Agholor" is #3 trending on Twitter

Twitter tailors a lot of your trends to you :ssh:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I mean how terrible do you have to be to be the one chump with no Superbowls in a division where no one else has less than 3

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blue squares posted:

A real defense like.... the ravens?

Nah like the Giants

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Dak is good but he can literally just sit there behind that line and throw the ball

Cowboys oline is so good and they dont even seem to get hurt

Thats Some bullshit.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I hope every other NFCE team dies in a fire. A horrible fire, that burns slowly and painfully

but seriously, after years of NFCLEAST LOL and THE NFCE IS TERRIBLE STOP GIVING THEM PRIMETIME GAMES it's nice to shove it back in everyone's face as a whole

The hate divides us, yet it binds us together and makes us strong

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

axeil posted:

3) Cowboys collapse down the stretch and lose the division/miss the playoffs entirely somehow

Least likely so easily the funniest possible outcome

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

"Yeah I totally see the Eagles winning out, they are just better"

-people in this thread before the Eagles lose to GB at home

Now we have someone below 500 in the greatest division. Shameful.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

It's more that I hear nobody talking about them. Not just hear but around the office and among my friends everything is Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins and whoops here's the Giants with an 8-3 record and on a drat roll.

Dallas is eating the headlines and despite the win streak, the Giants aren't winning all that convincingly. They are winning though, and they are winning games that they'd lose last year. The defense is legit good, the offense has problems which is why we aren't blowing people out.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 29, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

Yeah I looked up the Redskin's schedule and they faced the following in order of QBs: Roethlisberger (38 points), Dak (27), Eli (27), Kessler(?) (20), Flacco (10), Wentz (20), Stafford (20), Dalton(27), Bradford (20), Rodgers (24), Dak (31). They seem to play to their level of competence faced.

Giants defense has gotten loads better since they can stop the run. Pass rush is there even if it's not getting sacks. Landon Collins might be DPOY too.

Since week 7 we've gotten the most sacks and INTs. Granted, that was when we started playing the soft spot of the schedule, but the defense is getting that pressure now.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

At this point, the porkroast has slid through the mud and is in the river. Let's not pretend it's still good.

"This is the best team ever, we'll win the division and beat everyone in our way!"

Goes into Seattle, loses

"It was just a tough game in a tough place to win, we'll still win out!"

Goes home, loses to packers

"It was just an off day! We're still alive! We're still alive!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

That was as ugly as wins come, but the Cowboys have now beaten 3 of the NFL's best defenses and get extra time before the Giants game.

For the record, I think the Giants game is probably loss #2

I hope the Cowboys lose only 3 games all year

all 3 to the Giants

• Locked thread