Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm cautiously optimistic about the cowboys this year. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks Are better than every team in nfce

nah.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Romo/Dak debate is simple - whoever looks better with the 1st team in practice should be the one playing. Don't put Romo out there till he's healthy and in a full groove.

Dak is amazing and hopefully turns into a long term replacement for Romo, but Tony is the best QB the cowboys have ever had.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

huh? Is Football Outsiders ranking Romo over Aikman and Staubach now?

Sorry if you are making a joke or something, but you seemed to state that without a hint of facetiousness.

I say that without a hint of irony. Antonio Ramiro Romo is the best QB to ever wear the star on the side of his helmet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My favorite ESPN/Romo related thing was when they created QBR just to show how unclutch Romo is and he actually rocked the gently caress out of it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the NFCE is all above .500 and no other division is close.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That OT cowboys drive was a thing of beauty.

Thanks to the redskins not losing, they're still above .500 at the bottom of the NFCE. Looks like the NFCE is still the best division in football after this week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've always imagine Jersey as a whole is just Philadelphia stretched to cover an entire state.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The wildcard race this year is just going to be NFCE #2&3.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

corn on the cop posted:

my favorite nfc east playoff game was 2007, when the cowboys held the giants to 230 total yards and lost

patrick crayton, forever in my heart

Cowboys had an amazing almost 15 minute drive that started at the end of the first quarter and carried all the way through the two minute warning. Giants scored in under a minute.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CyberPingu posted:

Dallas play in a Dome

Its only a dome when weather is lovely. Most of the time the roof is open so god can watch his favorite team.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cash Monet posted:

Kirk Cousins is 3rd in the league in yards and 5th in yards per attempt. How.

The NFC East is the best division in football.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also I'll allow the seahawks to replace the eagles in this thread. The dirty birds have let the rest of us down. This is trump's america. Eagles, you're fired.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I stand by my previous assertion that the eagles are out and the seahawks are in as honorary members of the NFCE.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spacebump posted:

Just because they've gained a fanbase within the last 4 years doesn't mean they should be allowed into the best division in the NFL.

The eagles have dropped below .500 and should be relegated until they can win enough to be welcomed back. They can go win one of the other divisions and maybe next year they can rejoin the NFCE. Seattle is ready to be promoted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TeeMerk posted:

Hey ya'll the Cowboys won again

I was gonna say that the win locked the eagles out of the division title, but even if the cowboys had went 10-6 they would have still beaten the eagles on tiebreakers.

I've been singing go you cowboys go all morning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Febreeze posted:

I hope the Cowboys lose only 3 games all year

all 3 to the Giants

<:mad:>

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chilichimp posted:

Since when was it okay to be an annoying Cowboys fan in this subforum?

I was an annoying cowboys fan back when this forum didn't exist. SAS is why I joined SA over a decade ago. God what have I done with my life?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chilichimp posted:

Real talk, how many games would ya'll have lost if Romo had to play?

If romo was healthy all season, Cowboys would be undefeated right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I still turn on every game with the same dread I had last year. The first couple of drives every game where Dak and Zeke look like rookies always makes me feel like it's just another loss. Luckily they seem to keep turning it around and winning, so I'm just enjoying things. It's finally getting cold in florida I need to break out the old starter jacket.

It's hard not to be optimistic when you're 11-1, though.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 2, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There's a big difference between a hypothetical world where Romo didn't get hurt and started all 12 games so far vs a world where he just returned a few weeks ago after a potentially season or career ending injury. Should Romo be starting now? Absolutely not. If he had never got hurt, its very possible that they're 12-0 right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NotWearingPants posted:

I am just having some fun with the emphatic claims that Tony Romo is the best QB in the history of the Cowboys from earlier in the thread.

You don't sit your best ever QB in the history of the franchise for a rookie when you are about to go on a playoff run.

This is the dimension I'm living in.

Tony Romo is the best QB the cowboys have ever had. He also is just recovering from back surgery and hasn't played football in months. It's a no brainer to not put him in the game.

Just because they're in a unique situation where it makes sense to play Prescott right now does in now diminish the skill and talent of Romo of yesteryear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So if the stars align and the cowboys clinch homefield throughout this weekend, should they bench the starters for three weeks?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a new study bible! posted:

Tony Romo is closer to Matt Cassell than Tom Brady. This season has proven it.

This is a really good troll.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I definitely hate the Eagles and their fans. lovely, racist fans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's always sunny is how I perceive all eagles fans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I would expect to hear rumblings about the thug quarterback if that happens in Texas.

I wonder if there are any Quicy Carter 2.0 hot takes out there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Dak Prescott is a talentless goon. I'm not even salty about the success, it's just making Dallas more likely to embrace Quincy Carter 2.0 and reject Tony "Tom Brady" Romo. This is all gravy from an Eagles fan perspective.

Thank you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What is this noise someone said in the N/V thread about the giants cheating with walkie talkies?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

Cowboys filed a formal report with the NFL about the Giants potentially using walkie talkies illegally when they had equipment issues during the game
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-nfl-investigating-giants-potentially-illegal-walkie-talkie-use-vs-cowboys-002020550.html

I found something on it and I don't really mind switching devices if one breaks down, but Eli even admitted he was getting stuff right before the snap which shouldn't be happening.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have this terrible feeling of dread that the cowboys are going to drop two more games, the giants will win the division, and they'll end up losing in the wildcard game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The giants play in philly and DC the next two games, but honestly they're probably going to win them. If the boys lose tonight to the bucs, this season might be over.

I'm still firmly stuck in last year with regards to the cowboys and it's hard for me to admit they're good. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eagles please beat the giants on thursday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chilichimp posted:

The way we used to get around was pretty stupid, imo. Navigators own.

But what are you going to do when say, hurricane hermine comes through and knocks down half the trees/powerlines in your city and you have to understand how to get around because no satnav can sort out how to drive around destruction like that.

When you actually need to get somewhere, its handy to be able to do it without technology because there absolutely are times where tech fails.

Edit: Replace hurricane with ice storm, tornado, flooding, wildfire, or whatever natural disaster is most prevalent in your area.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 20, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

axeil posted:

I mean, also the equipment they were provided broke. I have a lot of sympathy in that case as they were trying to not be at a competitive disadvantage.

They were playing in New Jersey. It wasn't like they were the away team given broken gear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah if they had cut off comms at 15 seconds left on the playclock like the regular equipment does automatically they probably would be in the clear. They were talking to Eli all the way up to the snap, though, which is expressly prohibited.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blue squares posted:

go the eagles

I feel dirty but yeah.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Hmmm, almost want to root against the Eagles now. How would a tie impact things?

Tie means the boys win the east. Giants have to win out and dallas has to lose out for them to win the NFCE. Cowboys clinch with a win or Giants tie or loss.

A tie gives the giants an 11-4-1 record at best and the worst the cowboys can do is 12-4.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Please change thread title to the cowboys are the best of the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think the Cowboys have the best 2 and the worst QB in the NFCe.

• Locked thread