Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The turtle Del Rio tried to kill is preparing for revenge in case of round 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

reignofevil posted:

Lol at calling either Alberto del Rio or Paige a "celebrity".

Dwayne cared about Paige and her family's life so much he made it one of the first movie projects his new production studio pursued

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

So is this breakup the second act fallout in the movie before they get back together in the third act with a top 40 song playing?

Or is this the end of the movie?

If a sequel's made the whole relationship is almost certainly the entire film

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

No normal non wrestling fan has any clue who Pagie or ADR are, they are not celebrities any more than Dean Ambrose or Fandango is a celebrity

3 of these people are involved in the 6+ season long E! program Total Divas (popular enough to constantly get renewed [again, 6 seasons now], constantly get among the station's best ratings, and garner its own spinoff [Total Bellas])

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Being on a show that has 1/4 the viewers of Raw makes them celebrities?

Bill Goldberg posted:

does this mean anything in 2017

In the year where Youtubers who get hundreds of thousands of views, esports players in contests that get national attention to the point it was at one point on ESPN, and Twitch streamers who get even a fraction less money and attention, are legit considered celebs?

If you don't want to believe that happens, that's your thing of course, But there are legit multimillionaire Youtubers and esports players.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I guess it just depends on your definition of 'celebrity', I agree that those people are wealthy and successful, but if I talk to the average person about Alberto Del Rio or Arteezy or something they're not going to have a clue

That's fair.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This was deleted, friend. Does anyone know what it said

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

how was everybody's weekend

Saturday was fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Why is it people are allowed to keep doing derails about rovert that are explicitly not allowed and that 99% of the time he never instigates, but rovert's the only one who gets probated out of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

Someone basically snitching on Paige trying to circumvent the whole WWE thing where they don't really want their talent showing up at other companies taped events.

It was in response to a news site saying the person at ringside was Del Rio's sister

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The unified TNA and GFW champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Who is the big nose guy with no balls?

Anytime big nose is an insult, assume it's directed @HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Do you think ADR ever has moments of clarity where he realizes his life is going out of control?

Nope

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Clarity about ones own well being is not exactly a common trait among wrestlers in general

Yet every month we get someone saying "Daniel Bryan will decide any day now to stay aside after his contract ends and not risk his brain any further"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

welp

PWInsider posted:

A reader who was traveling into Orlando yesterday afternoon emailed PWInsider to inform us that he had seen Global Force Champion Alberto El Patron being detained by police in the airport. Patron missed an advertised independent booking yesterday in Texas.

In seeking to confirm whether that story was correct, PWInsider.com reached out to the Orlando Police Department and was given the following statement:

"There was an incident at Orlando International Airport at about 3PM Sunday involving Jose Rodriguez (DOB 5/25/1977). The reported incident was a domestic violence battery, and it is still under investigation. No arrests have been made as of this time, but the case remains open. That is all the information we have for release at this time."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/10/alberto-del-rio-investigated-for-domestic/ TMZ picked it up

quote:

Wrestling superstar Alberto Del Rio -- aka Alberto El Patron -- is being investigated for an alleged domestic violence incident at a Florida airport ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We're told the Orlando PD was contacted around 3 PM on Sunday after Alberto -- real name Jose Rodriguez -- allegedly roughed up a female companion.
We spoke with witnesses who tell us Alberto and the woman were arguing in the terminal and when things escalated, cops were called.
As one witness put it, "There was an altercation."
Our law enforcement sources tell us Alberto has NOT been arrested and no charges have been filed -- investigators are still gathering information.
Cops would not confirm the name of the alleged victim. However, Alberto has been in a real-life relationship with WWE superstar Paige for a while and witnesses say she was at the airport with Alberto that day.
We reached out to Alberto's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.
Alberto is the current Impact Wrestling heavyweight champion. He was also a WWE heavyweight champ but broke off from the organization in 2016.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ProWrestlingSheet/TMZ guy

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/884463187071877121
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/884463445730500608

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/10/alberto-del-rio-paige-fight-audio-domestic-investigation/

TMZ posted:

TMZ Sports has obtained an audio recording of the alleged domestic dispute involving Alberto Del Rio and Paige -- in which an emotional Paige screams out, "Stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone."
The person who recorded the audio -- a huge wrestling fan -- says she recognized the couple while they were arguing Sunday in the middle of Orlando International Airport in Florida.
The witness says she recorded the incident as evidence.
You can hear Alberto and Paige yelling -- clearly upset -- with Alberto saying, "Call the cops. Let's do it. Get the cops."
It sounds like he's talking to Paige ... who yells back, "Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone. I’m trying to get away from you."
Moments later, Alberto says, "I'm pressing charges against you."
Witnesses tell TMZ Sports it was clear Alberto and Paige were arguing with each other and Paige stormed off at the end of the exchange.
We're told a police officer responded to the scene and spoke with Alberto -- though he was not arrested.
The twist ... Paige issued a statement on Twitter insisting both she and ADR called police on a 3rd party, a female fan, who she claims threw a drink on Alberto when he refused to take a picture with her.
We spoke with law enforcement -- but they made no reference to a 3rd party and told us they were investigating the matter as a domestic violence issue.
We made calls to reps for Alberto and Paige -- so far, no word back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I knew Maddox was an asshat but geez

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Realtalk if you or someone you know is experiencing abuse or domestic violence there are resources to help https://www.rainn.org/national-resources-sexual-assault-survivors-and-their-loved-ones

Also please donate to RAINN they are a great cause

:agreed: completely

Also Mick Foley did a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSR1PX5r2p4

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 11, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paige's other brother

quote:

Roy Knight posted the audio from the airport altercation between the two and added:

“We got pics from the last 6 months bro of her beating I’m glad she’s finally sticking up for yourself..the reason there fighting yesterday is cause my uncle on his last legs in hospital and he wished him dead. Well now its out there ,the answer to all your questions I keep getting asked is there ,my sis won’t be going WWE cause he won’t let her ,he trying get her the sack by keep running on about them.”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least in my opinion, the bookings always felt more like favors to Paige. Regardless of how the relationship was doing at the time of an event, the event was always a chance for Paige to both support her family by being there for one of their shows, and attend one of his matches (a thing she hasn't really gotten to do much post-WWE, at least in TNA/GFW, where the only time I really recall her being mentioned as being backstage or ringside was Slammiversary)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

I am curious, if the brother's statement is actually indicative of the family's feelings, as to what made them do an about face, as before they were taking a similar stance of all of this is just crazy talk. I would assume just more suggestive evidence of abuse and further limiting of contact.

There have definitely been at least some examples before of family members being hesitant or not supportive at best. Example, her dad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

maybe it's because i just got off work and i'm tired, but i've read this a couple of times and i think i still need a translation for that last part in bold. is he saying del rio is trying to get paige fired? does that mean paige would prefer to stay in wwe?

Del Rio hates WWE for numerous reasons (definitely at least some of them justified)

Paige has been public about training to come back to in-ring action throughout her injury recovery, and obviously that's easier to do with WWE, where she's still under contract. When contract expires or if she's fired after another failed drug test, there's no guarantee she'd go to GFW or some place like SHIMMER or ROH's Women of Honor, and honestly it's probably safer to not risk that

She obviously has reason to hate them, including the Wellness failures (at least one of which she's maintained wasn't legitimate and protested), but she loves wrestling and it's the easiest place to do that in. It seems like the only thing the company really has against her is they want her and Del Rio to not be together, which given recent events I don't blame them for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So she blames both herself and the witness, but not Del Rio

This is getting really uncomfortable to follow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Meanwhile in the Where Are They Now? dept.:

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/885239000394596352

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Paige is going to go to jail for trying to get away from her abuser and being bullied into taking the blame.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

A conviction would result in her being immediately released by WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://fightnetwork.com/law/combate-americas-c-e-o-states-alberto-el-patron-to-step-down-as-president/

Fight Network posted:

It appears that Alberto El Patron (Jose Rodriguez) will be stepping down from his figurehead role as the president of Combate Americas, following an interview that reporter Jim Edwards of MMA Uno conducted with Combate C.E.O. Campbell McLaren.

McLaren stated that: “He’s probably stepping back his official roles from Combate and he’s going to focus on more on wrestling for the next year or two”. McLaren also added: “It’s a very challenging enterprise and I think it’s very, very hard on the body and difficult to do. Very physical, very athletic, so I he’s kind of asked me if he can step away and with Saraya, focus on wrestling”.

El Patron has been part of Combate Americas since last October as a name that could represent the upstart organization with both United States and Mexican media outlets.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't want to get too off-topic, I just genuinely believe this is the first I've heard of Wichlinski and I'm wondering what the deal was there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goddamn that's awful

Hearing this the same week Summer called out the company not asking her to come back for TV has me also feeling really bad for how Summer's been treated in the company :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i'm sorry, del rio

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GB888 posted:

Number 2 fed in the country, ladies and gentlemen.

ain't it great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hahahahah yeah I don't believe a word of that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KrisZellner/status/908000135703089152

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First reply: "I don't think anyone missed him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz2k21 posted:

Lemmy was pretty into Nazi Memorabilia and Lemmy could do no wrong, of course he did make a point that it was for the style and let’s face it Nazi’s were pretty stylish.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

For real. Fuckheads they were, but Nazis had style.

close, gas thread, ban everyone, salt earth

• Locked thread