Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Minus1Minus1 posted:

But...I just rerolled with the 35 packs or whatever and didn't get a single legendary. :argh:

I got a few but nothing that I could make a deck with. I'm on that reroll life too, luckily the servers are back on mobile at least, haven't checked the steam version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

For this roll I got Cerberus and Lord of the Flies, plus Prince of Darkness, Enstatued Seraph, and Crystal Tio. Am I close to a real good roll or keep resetting for that sixth legendary?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, immediately after getting a zero legendary reroll, I've got one with Dark Angel Olivia, Crystal Tio, and Ancient Elf, which seems like a pretty good starter kit for a forest deck. Also have Bloody Mary and Sun Oracle Pascal, so four S tier cards and a B in total. Keep or ditch?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Reroll yadda yadda:

Crystalia Tia
sun Oracle Pascale
Fairy Princess
Dark Angel Olivia
3x Odin
3x Lord of the Flies

I've been rerolling all day and I've never gotten more than five legendaries what the gently caress

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I mean yeah it's annoying but I've been using the time in between reinstalling the game to do other stuff. Plus, I realized I can use up my tickets for Take 2 since I'm gonna end up trashing the account anyways, so that's been fun. Runecraft seems hard to pull off in T2, but I am also super new so I'm guessing actually drafting any deck would be tough for me

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, got Tsubaki, Otohime, Alexander, Olivia, and Odin for a Swordcraft deck. Two enstatued seraphs, Soul Dealer, and Lord Atomy for use/liquidating. Officially calling it, this is as good a roll as I've seen all day

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ein Sexmonster posted:

thoughts on:
Dragonsong flute x3
Fairy Princess
Odin x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Beast Dominator (animated)
Tsubaki
Alexander

Seems like a good start for swordmaster, with good fodder as well, but I would appreciate input.

Funny enough, Odin and Olivia are the only two legendary cards used in one of the top Havencraft decks. Alex, Olivia, and Tsubaki will get you a solid start into all of the top-tier sword decks as you mentioned, I'd say you've got a solid roll. Keep in mind I've only started playing a few hours ago, but my own deck has Alex, Odin, and Tsubaki, and they really help out. I just finished the sword campaign and looked through the top sword decks, you (and me) are gonna need more legendaries but you're definitely at an advantage over most other players at your skill rank.

e:I'm actually looking forward to playing against other players on the steam version who don't know about rerolling

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

milward posted:

I got a bunch of legendaries but they are spread out, what deck can I aim towards with these legendaries?

Soul Dealer
Alexander
Pluto x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Lucifer x2
Zirnitra
Enstatued Seraph

One of the best Haven decks requires Olivia, Odin (exchangeable for Enstatued), and three Lucifers, so you're like one or two legendaries away from having all the actual expensive cards

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sophism posted:

I personally wouldn't liquefy any cards.

The game might be generous, sure, but it's generous in the long-term, not necessarily the short-term. Holding onto a million semi-functional cards just for the sake of having them is fine, but if you could eliminate even two deck types you aren't interested in using and liquify any golds/legendaries from those decks, you could net yourself a fully-viable competitive deck or two, as opposed to just playing amalgamations of whatever you happen to have on-hand. And after playing maybe ten games of ranked, eight with decks that I happened to have cards for and getting my rear end handed to me and then a full sword deck (non-banner) I completed with two bloodcraft legendaries worth of vials, the difference is night and day. I mean, you say you built a couple meta decks over the course of months? I started yesterday and am two legendaries short of the Mid-control sword deck, and the two games I've played with this deck so far haven't even lasted long enough to build enough play points for me to even use a 9* legendary. Plus, I can just slap my spare Olivia and Odin in there in place of them.

In a game where people have been collecting cards for months and have been getting better at the game for months, if you present me with the option to make any top-tier sword deck at the cost of throwing away three of my nine legendaries for decks I'm not interested in playing, that sounds like a dope trade to me.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Last reroll for the day for me, how does look? Lots of cards but they're kinda spread out
3x Odin
2x Dark Angel Olivia
Bloody Mary
Moon Al-mi'raj
Gabriel
Lord of Flies
Alexander
Zirnitra
Pluto
Lord Atomy
Sea Queen Otohime

Honestly not sure if you do better even if you rerolled for the rest of your life. Keep that poo poo.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

iunno anything about this game but bitch with the countdown tigers and falcons and poo poo is OP

Just played against someone who airdropped a tiger and falcon in the same turn, I only managed to win because she spent like three turns setting that up while I played actual units and killed her on the turn they arrived. It seems like not many decks have ways to kill the countdown amulets, my suggestion is to just spend those turns wailing on her HP and ignoring the probably lovely filler units she puts down so you can either make a break for her HP bar when the countdowns end, or hold onto a spell card/unit that can instakill an enemy once the summon happens

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hahaaaaaa, get hosed countdown timers. This is basically how all my sword v haven games end up

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

inthesto posted:

What are the must-haves for sword aggro? I ended up crafting Cursed General (3/3 gives officers haste) since that seemed pretty darn important.

Worth noting that the facerush swordcraft deck has a lot of components of the top-tier deck, so it's a great one to aim for. They both have similar playstyles where you wanna flood the board with low-cost units, so if you end up liking facerush sword you might consider eventually investing in the gold/legendary cards

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Somehow all three of my missions today involved Havencraft, and even the default deck is sort of silly. Playing against fairy/blood/shadow where the enemy fills the board with 1/1 followers who can't take down your airdrop summons is glorious, have fun with those nine fairy cards in your hand nerd

The other thing I've noticed today is gently caress going first. I've never played a game where I was glad to have taken the first turn in exchange for getting a third evolution AND getting my evolution a turn early. Evolving as soon as you have the option when going second pretty much forces the opponent to evolve to take down your card while also sacrificing itself, and you can just repeat the strategy next turn to run them out of evos or if they don't respond, take away like half their health. It's even worse with Swordcraft where you can fourth-turn evo a rose fencer for two free units, I feel like going second and having a rose fencer in your hand is nearly a guaranteed win

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zoness posted:

I think banner sword wants to go first, since you'd probably rather play turn 4 banner than turn 4 fencer.

Is fencer even in the list.

The turn 4 evolves are really strong in low budget but once you're playing olivia decks or decks that cost a good chunk of vials the card quality from evolution isn't that much of a leap any more. Playing around turn 4 is very valuable in take two though.

I mean I'm playing this deck, but none of my games have even lasted long enough for either one of us to summon Olivia. Dropping in 15 damage worth of units in a single turn just seems like an awful lot. The deck strategy section corroborates exactly what my post said, actually, hold onto Fencer for a 4th turn evolve but don't get baited if the enemy evolves first and you don't have one
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-swordcraft

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

God dammit, just lose a game against a bad player with a bad deck because I didn't know what Leonidas' Resolve did and killed his evolved Leonidas. Switching off of my good sword deck into the beginner decks to try and finish missions really blows, I need to just sit down and make budget decks for all the leaders one of these days.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dragoncraft has been giving me heaps of trouble regardless of who I play as. It seems like a really solid strategy to be busting out 8/8 base units by turn six and I'm just not really sure what the counterplay is

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

AfroSquirrel posted:

Removal. For Sword/Shadow, there's Bane. For Haven, you can banish them (sometimes you need to hit them once first). Forest can bounce things back to their hand. Not sure about the rest.

Yeaaaah with removal being the key to beating them I guess it's expected that my aggro sword deck is having trouble. I just put together my own budget dragon deck to take for a spin, I'm gonna try to get more of the achievements

edit: update on said dragon deck:

:laffo:

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 6, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Where are you harvesting arena tickets from? If you go 4-1 does it just pay for itself? I've only managed to go 3-2, granted I've only tried twice

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

If you're lucky 4 wins could pay for itself. According to https://shadowverse.gamewith.jp/article/show/36039 you can get 120~180 gold for going 4-1. 5 wins is the dream though since it's almost double the reward of 4-1. I got 4k gold so I can just play as much arena as I want to.

Jesus, how long have you been playing for? Then again, I'm pretty sure I blew 1600 gold earlier today on card packs...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

milward posted:

I am still working on an Elena deck, and I bought 2 decrees for the vials i got for starting up.

I still miss one decree and 2 Elenas and I use a Seraph instead of an Odin and I have a Soul Dealer, a Gabriel and an animated Zirnitra spare.
Dragon and blood are those least interesting for me, should I liquefy some one or two of those legendaries for the last golds I need for the elena deck?

I also have a second Olivia, should she go in to the deck instead of something?

Olivia is good if you have a deck that plans to go late, so things like aggro sword/shadow would be bad since you're probably planning on ending the game before you even hit nine play orbs. I personally recommend liquidating the legendaries for decks you have no interest in playing just because it gives you a great buffer to invest in a top-tier deck very quickly. Don't liquidate neutral legendaries though, they'll help you make all your other decks a bit better, as you should probably have one reasonable deck for each leader in order to help you with missions. The default decks are so bad that they can be significantly improved just by tossing in the cards you've gotten from packs, but you're gonna need to be winning games to harvest those daily rewards.

That being said, there's things to be said about saving legendaries in case a deck is buffed in an expansion, but honestly the fundamental difference in playstyle between things like Sword/Forest/Shadow/Blood aren't that massive, so if you wanted to stick with all of them because you like aggro decks but want to be futureproof, stick with the cards you get for all four.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Trip report after several weeks of playing: going first is still the worst thing about the entire game. I feel like if you go first you should be able to reroll your three-card opening until you get a 1-cost card, if you get unlucky on your first draw your entire advantage is gone and now the enemy is gonna destroy you with the evolve advantage and even if you have six one-cost cards in your deck, not having a 1-cost is somewhat common meanwhile the opponent also gets an extra card to work with. Seriously, gently caress going first

edit: PLAYING AGAINST A SWORDCRAFT DECK, I WENT FIRST, GUY WHO WENT SECOND HAS GOTTEN ALL THREE OF HIS FLORAL FENCERS CAN YOU GET OUT OF HERE EVEN THOUGH I WON THE GAME I'M MAD

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 23, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was really proud of my garbage take two Swordcraft team until I singlehandedly lost to a Deathmist Dragon.

Had never even seen that card before that game but JESUS

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

trucutru posted:

Anyways, I am just about to hit the A ranks and I am considering just losing a lot to stay in B. Is there much of a difference? The AAs are obviously way harder but I have no idea about A and I would like to be able to continue to win more or less easily at the time being for the daily quests.

Tank that Rank

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh my god, I just got the worst Take Two rolls I've ever seen. I run sword decks exclusively in comp and not a single card I was able to choose from was in any of my sword decks

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You gotta be loving kidding me

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm really questioning this 8.5 rated Enstatued Seraph deck when I have literally just doubled my number of ranked losses since playing it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

which list

Oh god it's actually rated 9.5, but it's also worth noting that I have played two hours of this deck and that equated to doubling the losses of the weeks I've played this game for

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/jcg-open-vol28-1st-place-elana-havencraft

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'd been playing Midrange Sword pretty much from day one, my experience with this deck so far has been getting either three Elanas and utility amulets with no actual units, or units with no Elanas ever and so the healing just delays my inevitable death

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Indecisive posted:

loving filthy haven players

Hey man, I haven't gotten a legendary in three weeks, but I'm just sitting on two Seraphs and a Moon al-Miraj so it seemed like a good idea to make a deck where the three most expensive cards are checked off the list

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

you can also make a storm haven list with a moon if you dont like elanas. and of course a fully decked out midrange sword list is s tier right now but i definitely get wanting to switch it up.

My branching out desire mostly came from checking out budget decks for each class for the sole purpose of clearing missions easier, but I realized I was 400 vials away from a 9.5 deck and that, as they say, was that

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I haven't played the mobile app since the game dropped on Steam, but now I've got some downtime on the road so its the perfect chance. I draft an arena sword deck, play against Dragon and totally clown on him, used all of his points turn 8 to drop a big monster with ward to stop me from lethaling. I have an Odin in my hand to win on the next turn, but as soon as his guy hits my Floral Fencer the game crashes. First game in months and it crashes. How is this poo poo not fixed yet

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I barely play ranked so I'm in D-rank, but I occasionally see some very weirdly meta decks, like earlier I played against a Haven that seemed like the current Storm Garuda deck. Usually the way you can tell if someone is actually building a "real" deck is if they have all the gold cards that are needed to prop things up, and the goofs usually just pile as many legendaries in as they can.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'll probably buy the first-time half-off crystal situation just because I want to support the devs and can part with six bucks. I used to be the same way with Dota but once you spend 3000 hours playing something and a countless thousand additional hours watching professional games, you start to form an attachment to it and buying a four dollar hat stops being that big of a deal.

Now, to decide if I spend the crystals now in hopes of some legendaries for Vial fodder or horde them for the expansion...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Some of the info on the page is a little outdated, I've noticed a couple of the listed decks haven't had their pages edited since Novermber. The other thing to keep in mind is that before now, things like Mid-Range sword were performing at their peak because of the cheap overall cost and the fact that building the complete deck was actually feasible, and so how certain decks matched up against other decks was based on a very small number of pre-approved decklists. Now that the game has been out for a while and more people are able to run more decks, and more decks have been developed, I think some of the meta-analysis data is somewhat unstable just due to the sheer number of total decks being run. I mean, even here we have several posters who talk about running memestrats for the sole purpose of loving over Dshift. Imagine yourself in a rock-paper-scissors sort of situation where Dshift beats you, everyone else is beating Dshift, but you're beating everyone else.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Talmonis posted:

I really hate forest ptp and Elanas. Even at C-0 rank, six of the past seven matches were against those for me. I really wish there were more ways to deal with Talismans for Blood.

To be totally fair, nobody has any way to deal efficiently with talismans pretty much. I've never lost a game where I dropped an Enstatued Seraph

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Eopia posted:

I'm mostly considering Swordcraft and Shadowcraft at the moment, although I'm willing to give any of them a shot.

With that in mind, I've got four rolls here to choose from as I think I'm done with rerolling.

Roll 1: Ancient Elf, Bloody Mary, Alexander, Dark Angel Olivia, Enstatued Seraph, Fairy Princess, and Jeanne D'arc

Roll 2: Crystallia Tia, Cerberus, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Fafnir, Tsubaki, and Lord of the Flies.

Roll 3: Aurelia, Regal Saber, Fafnir, Lord Atomy, Prince of Darkness, Crystallia Tia, Alexander, and Bloody Mary

Roll 4: Dragonsong Flute x2, Mythril Golem x2, Enstatued Seraph, Animated Enstatued Seraph, Skullfane, Lord of Flies, Alexander, and Rose Queen.

With roll 4, you've already got all the expensive cards needed for a top-tier Havencraft deck. Shadowcraft is not in a great spot right now, but you need Cerberus as a legendary if you're gonna play it, likely multiple. Gabriel is a pretty solid neutral legendary though, and having a LotF is a good trio of legendaries to start a Shadowcraft deck with. That being said, Swordcraft has some of the cheapest decks to build, so if you do take roll 4 you could liquidate Skullfane and the Golems (maybe even the dragonsong flutes) to get two A/S tier decks ready very quickly (Banner/Mid-range sword and Elena Seraph Hybrid Haven)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

midrange sword is very expensive and none of those rolls will really cover it. banner is super cheap though

I forgot that I'm using a ghetto as hell version with no Aurelias and only two Otohimes. Even though I'd be better off switching to banner, I still barely ever lose with my weird deck variant just to give you an idea how good sword is right now

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

What the actual hell, I got Bahamut as the very first card in my packs as well

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Eopia posted:

I've been playing Elana Seraph because I basically had all the cards I needed for it out of my starter packs, but I have no idea how it's been affected by this new expansion.

Also I've gone and bought myself the starter decks for Forestcraft and Swordcraft so I guess I have a good start on making decent decks for them now?

Eidolon of Madness is going to cause major changes to the Havencraft meta, how I am uncertain but once someone does the science I can't help but feel like Elana decks might be taking a backseat to a more aggressive Garuda variant. Sword, Forest, and Haven are basically the holy trinity of good decks so yeah you're gucci. Just know that even with the Forest starters the cheapest good forest deck is still like 35k vials. Mid-range sword is what I play, I use two Otohimes and zero Aurelias so you're in a good spot once you make all the non-legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

New Years bonus :10bux: time, they're been unbelievably generous with the dosh lately. I'm sitting on 4k Rupees and still have 1k to gain from private matches and then all the rest of the bonus days. Should I be getting 50 packs of Bahamut or split them up so I can get a chance at some more staple legendaries from ye decks of olde

• Locked thread