Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, lets try multiplayer, I am a level 0 noob so I guess I'll get matched against similar...

... 2 D-Shifts later (or whatever that bullshit is called) I get killed.

I bet that was some bad luck and I...

... Deck that dropped 5 legendaries (I bet it was actually pretty bad but come on, level 0)

So maybe....

... Hey it's D-Shift Merlin all over again, on a guy called "newbie"

Well, this match-making is surely working! At least in heartstone at level 25 I had a good chance of meeting other idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, this deck is not that expensive to build and seems easy for a newbie to play but the maid leader and conscription seem to require commanders and there is none in the deck?

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/royal-banner-swordcraft

How does that work?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, it seems like even pieces of wood and cloth can be the commander of men nowadays. Thanks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am enjoying zerging people with my lovely as hell sword deck. I have all sorts of janky cards but by the time round 5 drops I have usually done enough damage that people start to evolve their poo poo to deal with my 2/1s. Ahahaha.

Having trouble with those rear end in a top hat fairies but whatever, I also have 1/2s!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, I have a billion dragon missions and no dragon team or experience

Can anybody link me to a cheapo dragon deck for babbys?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/face-dragoncraft Maybe try this without Forte? Swap in some cheap burn or other storm minions? It won't be nearly as good but decks going straight for the face will get free wins once in a while anyway.

Reiterpallasch posted:

some notes on the differences between those lists:

- people go back and forth on whether dragonnewt scholar is any good in face dragon, but you should drop it unless you have 3 already, just because it's gold and all its prospective replacements are silver/bronze
- if you do drop the scholar, you should also drop wildfang dragonnewt for obvious reasons; sandstorm dragon or dragonrider are the natural substitutes
- dance of death is not commonly played in face dragon primarily because you really really really want your 5-drop to be a discounted forte, but if you're not using forte you may want to find some space for dance instead

Thanks went 4/5 with a janky version of this (not a single forte, of course). Incredibly I had 3 dragonnewt scholars golds but zero ivory dragon bronzes. The "cannot be attacked" mons are basically what won the games. One dude used his last burn spell against a regular mon just before I dropped an unattackable one and rage quitted, lol.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, does this game rankings reset once a month or something like that?

Otherwise, why are there so many $$$ decks at D0? I mean, there is no way they could suck that much, right?

(Although I did beat a wallet warrior who used Otohime when I had 2 untargetable monsters on the field, so I just outraced his rear end. I bet he died with a hand full of legendaries).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 5, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tamba posted:

No, the monthly score rewards reset (last tab in the mission screen), but the rankings don't.
There are good decks in D rank, because other people know about rerolling as well. There are also people who deliberately stay in the low ranks by conceding a bunch to make their dailies / monthly score grind easier.

It has to be the second case. Those are some serious decks. Specially that mid-range sword or whatever.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

I started playing like 2 weeks ago and i'm like two awilda's away from a reasonable midrange sword deck.

My winrate is still nuts without those Awilda's.

This is the precise deck I've been facing. Not cheap. (e: there are 2 awildas)

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-swordcraft

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 5, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

Do I need to play the main story to unlock all the basic cards for a deck?

Also I started a game and it said "spellboost x5" before I used any cards that had it. Is is tracking how many I have LEFT not how many I've USED? that seems less useful.

So it does, I guess I misread it!

Is there any way to destroy artifacts?

I assume there's no forced discard, either?

The spellboost tracks how many times you have spellboosted that particular card. Every time you cast a spell all the cards *in your hand* that can get spellboosted get a bonus, which is displayed in their text.

Yeah, there are some cards that can banish artifacts, not that many tho.

Forced discard as in make somebody else discard cards? Not that I know. But a few of your own cards can force you to discard from your hand.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual posted:

I don't see the point of the bottom left spellboost indicator then, if it only affects cards in your hands and they dynamically update their values.

It helps you see how many spellboosts your cards have without having to click on them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, as a one-week newbie with a few legionaries, which kind of pack is considered best to have a good selection of cards to build newbie decks? Original or darkness? I just hoarded 1000r and I want to get the most out of my disappointing rolls.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

_jink posted:

darkness (technically) has a higher ratio of good stuff, but every real deck requires a heap of classic cards anyway, so its pretty moot point. I've been doing about 60:40 classic:darkness.

Well, now I am the proud owner of *two* animated Zirnitras. They should serve as a nice piggy bank.

So, my dragon stuff now has

4x dragonnewt scholars, 1x dracomancer rite, 1x wyrm spire, 1x Genesis dragon, 1x dragonsong flute, 2x Zirnitras.

I'll try to build something with that poo poo. How do I survive until the late game?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 6, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've been spending more time than I like to admit trying to defeat Elite Erika for that sweet 200 gold.

Fuckity gently caress gently caress Otohime you piece of poo poo fish princess go away goddamnit.

EDIT: Naturally after I bitched about it on an internet forum I got a good tempo and won. :v:

I got Enstatued Seraph from one of my packs, which is apparently so special I got an emblem for pulling it. It seems incredibly gimmicky but is it actually a good card to mess with in combination with countdown reduction cards? I imagine you'd want a full set rather than just one though...

If there is anything I've learned in this game is that you basically want a full set of almost anything. With forty cards on your deck and only 4 at the start, by the time you get to the round where you can play your big minion 2/3s of your cards will still be on your deck.

Like, the deck I am playing (banner sword) has effectively 6 cards that you can draw to get a banner and even after doing hard mulligans looking for them, in a good fourth of my games I don't get the a stupid banner on time. The variance in this game is a big deal.

Also, while my sword deck is cheap and lets me win games, I am basically completely at the mercy of my draw. Which is normal for a rush deck but somehow it seems even worse than in Heartstone or other card games.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've still yet to try take-two seriously but my cheapo face decks (dragon and sword) have taken me into D2 with only 2 or 3 losses.

Dragonnewt scholar (not cheap but I got 3 copies somehow) is such an rear end in a top hat of a card. Lots of people don't want to waste removal on a lovely 2-point card and by the time they notice it has evolved, is hitting for 3, gotten rid of my trash in hand, and enabled my mons that depend on somebody else being evolved. And sometimes it combos with the other type of newt to make it extra loving annoying.

Sword is just pure zerg, pretty boring but effective.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

Opened three packs that you get linking with a google play account and I got another Aurelia and Cerberus. I'm pretty sure my account is a keeper, no?

Also why is Bloodcraft have the most :japan: cards but the leader is some Castlevania Dracula knockoff?

That's because the actual leader is Vampy-chan and the knockoff is only there as a place holder.

It's difficult to get more anime than that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Ive been watching high rank JP players and holy poo poo, the amount of effort required to win with say, sword or blood, compared to heavencraft is hilarious. At least fairy-girl has to pay attention and do combos while heaven is like, whoops, are you at 4 hp in round 5? lol.

Seems to my newbie rear end that the ranking is something like forest (so much flexibility, you never know what's going to hit you) > heaven > all the other losers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tamba posted:

Of course, you need to input your whole collection so prepare for some :effort:

Yeah, no thanks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Still getting mostly dragon missions so my face dragon deck is climbing nicely. The "cannot be attacked" monsters are basically what screws my opponents, since at turn 4-5 they cannot just plop something down and evolve it to trade, and most of my opponents are not good enough to evolve their poo poo pre-emptively and thus my own drop into evolve can often do a clean 2 for 1. Bonus points if my evolved mon cannot be attacked either.

I wonder how far can I climb (by only doing missions) until I hit a road block. Better aggressive decks and decks with direct damage totally smoke my low stats cards.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

I think you will hit a roadblock at

"By my blade, victory and prosperity are yours." "Featherblade, show your true power."

Which is a ways off, so keep going at it.

Also maybe tempo forest, since Tia makes a gigantic 6/6 ward and rhinoceroach kills very fast

how's your aggro vampy matchup?

Last vampy fight we were pretty even. I ended with control of the board with both of us at 2 hp but lost to a dance of. death

Feels like I'm at a small disadvantage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reiterpallasch posted:

with fortes you should be able to outrace all but the luckiest bat players; as a midrange sword player i don't feel like my matchup vs face dragon is particularly advantaged, but maybe i'm just bad

the real matchup i'd be worried about as face dragon is elana; face dragon has always felt to me like one of those decks that has a way harder time doing 25 damage than 20, if that makes any sense

Oh, I wish I had some fortes. But in any case I am not playing face dragon and sword because I love going face but because they are cheap and I have some of their good cards.

I am more of a combo/control player as I so I guess I'll probably end up doing Forest, but I have but a single Tia so that'll have to wait.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, gently caress D-Shift, I am supposed to beat that poo poo with my aggro dragon deck. Like, I play that because It's fast (and I am poor) so let me twiddle my thumbs for half an hour while you play with your 9 cards. Yeah, I'll let you cycle your cards 4 times per turn, then wait for all the bullshit spells, while I sit here on top of this pile of salt.

Such a loving chore to play against. If at least I could interact with it in some way besides killing the random golem here and there.

I guess it's time to do some changes to put more damaging/faster cards in there because it usually ends with them a 1-3 hp. The problem is that "cannot be attacked mons" have lovely stats for the cost and D-Shift obviously doesn't give a flying gently caress about them. Otherwise I am steamrolling everything at D2.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I just sort of sigh and hope they screw up.

I mean, I am ok with some decks having 1-turn kills. But D-Shift takes so loving long to kill you while the other player is doing their rubik-cube BS. This game definitely needs that dragon Heartstone has that reduces the time you have to play, just make it an angel with big tits and a misshapen spine or something and it'll fit. It's just bullshit that apparently you have 90 seconds to play with your own rear end in a top hat, two or three times in a row.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

this is kind of a fun read:

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/node/3676

I like that dshift only has a positive winrate in one class matchup and only at master level

What I'm getting from this is that, unless you're one of a few extremely aggressive decks, it seems like going second is an advantage. I guess the extra evolution is powerful.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

so is there a pity timer or am i just cursed to never get a legend again? i've had terrible luck after my first roll.

There is none. Welcome to hell.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Assuming you just buy and dust packs, how much does it cost to make a top tier constructed deck in this game?

You get ~100 vials per pack on average. Haven has top-tier decks that cost around 10-20k dust. So you'll need to disenchant 100-200 packs if you are extremely unlucky with your pulls. If you go and buy all those packs immediately (like a loving idiot) that'll be 200-400 dollars for a top of the line, super luxurious, beat the poo poo out of anybody, easy to play deck.

On the other hand, I have been playing for 2 weeks I already have a deck (banner sword) that could push me into masters if I gave any fucks about that for a grand total of $0. It's around 5,000 vials.

Really good aggro decks cost around 15k vials, while the control ones are 30k or so.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 12, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tamba posted:

If you liquefy everything, 100 vials isn't the average, 120 is the minimum (7 bronze + 1 silver). The average, if you go by the official drop rates is ~470.

e:

Thanks, I must have been thinking about heartstone or something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have been watching some more JP master players and I must repeat that forest is broken as gently caress. So many win conditions, but the actual power comes from the flexibility and paranoia it creates. I can pretty much see the opponent's assholes clench when forest does *anything* with a large amount of cards on late turns.

There was this guy who was paranoid about the roaches and did his best to protect himself and them *blammo* it is me! path to purgatory out of nowhere! (thanks to lucky, yet calculated, altered fates) Ahahahaahah.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah that's one of the reasons I wanna build some Forest decks. There's so much flexibility and sometimes it takes a long time to get a tell on what their win plan is. Too bad poo poo is mad expensive.

I have 2 tias and 2 animated Zirnitras (what is the point of her? compared to similar cards she seems to suck) so I'm already half-way to it. But I'm waiting for the next expansion before I do anything, because they'll probably nerf her rear end either directly or indirectly.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 13, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

The point is to summon 2 5/5 dragons and then hit face or trade.

Yeah, but you have to keep an evo point for her to summon the second, and the dragons can't be evolved that turn so you can only storm for 3 damage. Even if you're ramping well you'll probably use a point (or two, if second) in order to survive so that leaves you with a single double-dragon activation. And the next Zir is going to be crap. I guess my main problem is that she's slow.

I guess you could run Olivias but, in general, it seems like there are to many conditions that have to be present for her to do well.

Other multiple body legendaries like Otohime or freaking Tia just destroy her in value. Neptune is pretty close too, one pp less, and gives you 2 bodies you can immediately slam into other cards, it even has ward.

By the way, I also have 2 Olivias so if you can point me to a dragon deck that would do well with those mons that would be great.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 13, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

to be fair it wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to guess which haven deck you were up against for mulligans, it's like zoo and handlock all over again

Pfft. My banner sword deck doesn't have to guess. It is the same plan against everybody!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

i like that the plan against midrange is "inevitably lose"

that has to be my most comfortable matchup now

That's what they think. But every so often they get screwed buy their draws and die by turn 6.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, what would you guys think is the average player level on non-ranked? I just did a few runs (11) in order to clear some quests and didn't see a single deck that was not expensive as gently caress, non-traditional, but these are obviously not newbies? To be honest it would have been easier to win in my current C4 level.

Is there an ELO system for it or is it just ranks anybody against anybody?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, basically as long as I draw well I can beat most stuff with alwida-less banner (I have a Tsubaki and some that 7pp ninja that summons a copy instead). Seems like the trick against the more powerful decks is to prioritize flooding the board and hiding your banner for a bit. Lots of people don't consider the small hits they get hit with too threatening and when the banner finally drops things get out of their hands quickly. So they begin using all the bullshit OP cards they have in hand but usually they usually cannot kill all of my cockroaches before they die.

Unless they are scumbag Havens (You guys should be ashamed of playing that class, at least D-Shift takes skill), who always seem to have a board clear. In that case I just don't over-extend and prioritize keeping storm cards on my hand.

A question: what do you guys consider to be the best opening hand for banner. Vangard, Oathless/Ascetic, Maid?

Edit: And the card that causes the most ragequits is the ruthless assassin. Haha, gently caress your Aurelias.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 15, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I like Quickblader, Maid, Novice for putting people on the defense a little quicker

The more I play the more I prefer to not use my quickbladers at the start, since against many decks the only way to beat them is with damage out of hand. The blader will do one extra damage than the vanguard in turn one, but he can be the difference between victory and defeat in the late game.

On an unrelated note

:eyepop:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cheap-rear end Banner sword continues its streak, getting close to B. 3 victims (I only played for the quests) today: 2 ptp fairy assholes and one ramp dragon (lol!) crushed.

I could actually out-zerg forest with my two-for-ones so trades and the board were always in my favor and they had to use roaches and such to clear my crap. No time for them to accumulate fairies on hand for combos because as soon as the maid drops they realize they have to clear my stuff. I guess the lesson is that even as forest you do need angelic barrage, specially since you're gonna be altering fate anyways.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, what are the worst legendaries in the game? That dude on haven that's "Garuda, but shittier" is the one that jumps to me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dzhay posted:

I've started playing this game. It's fun. I have no idea what half the words in this thread mean.

Elana = gently caress you!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

If they wanted to push Discard Dragon I think I'd rather see its enablers be kept in class rather than as neutral.

I think PTP puts a real limit to how far they can push interesting interactions in forest because Tempo and PTP forest share so much that a hybrid deck is possible, but they could also get rid of it by making fairies banish instead of die I guess.

Just make it so that unplayed tokens do not generate a shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at my all bronze and silver (plus surprise Tsubaki) banner deck annihilating C rank

I am starting to get the feel about how to play against different decks.

Onwards to B!

Of my last 6 fights, Three of them rage-quitted.

• Locked thread