Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Beank and Rosa: Who needs a friend?

Good lord, that's some real classic draftsmanship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Prince Valiant rules

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I too miss nice rice balls. No one in NZ seems to do them quite the same...

Squidster posted:

Beank and Rosa: Who needs a friend?

:(

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 72: D-Spot Tornado

Oh, Sasuke. Inidentally, I'm a big fan of lord Maeda's gimmick there. He'll pull it on a number of important characters and it's hilarious every time.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37: The Wheat, the Magic and the Song of Gaia

Oh dear.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6zVJVHEaM

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nice sync with today's comics.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

---

https://www.makeship.com/products/sausage-plush (too late)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Booo :smith:

Sometimes it stinks to read comics a ways after they come out

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Agghhhh negative space, how is this man conveying "cool dewy flower-speckled grass" via green newsprint.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hype!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

lost it - by ghostgods

Thats it for this one. I just like small short stories.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, that was very good and sad. Thanks tons for posting it.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Taking a brief break from Beank and Rosa to post How to Find the Apple Jelly Empress from Natashaa Ramoutar and Helena Ramos Giménez. They're both very early-career creators, and they're going to go far!

This is a special sneak peek from our new anthology, The City We Chose.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

trying to find a way of looking at it where this is clockwise, and failing

maybe if you imagine the ground to be the inside of the clock face, so the hands are underground? terrible directions

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kid screwed up the ritual and poo poo will go wrong

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Never deal with the Fae.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
e: okay, disregard for now, looks like Redbubble waits a little bit before putting your shop live to deal with bots or w/ever. I'll post a link once I get this sorted PROPERLY

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 11:32 on Apr 17, 2024

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tree Bucket posted:

Hey all! I've resurrected my Redbubble account (well, made a new one under the name TreeBucketDraws) so if you want an avigraph poster or an-ant-and-lichen badge or a mug with infinite geckos, you know where to go! I hope this all works.
https://www.redbubble.com/i/art-board-print/Australian-birds-palette-swapped-by-TreeBucketDraws/160414700.JUXJO?asc=u

comes up as 404 for me

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 44: Insurrectionists

I think I'd start with the fried chicken, to be honest. It'd get cold otherwise.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Different Country Diary

Buying an apartment because you were making bank off self-employment. Truly living the millennial dream, Makio

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 27, 1946)

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Rainbow in the Dark

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Japanese fruit salad sandwich is such a weird concept. On paper it sounds legit (fruit e.g. strawberries in cream surrounded by a sweet milk toast) but looking at an image weirds me out. It looks off.
Maybe it's just that I associate a different taste with bread like that.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Apr 17, 2024

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Have we ever seen the big purple monsters in RitD actually kill or harm a person yet? The controller boss guy stabbed that one dude, but as far as I can remember all we've seen the big monsters do is chase people around and smash through walls, the effects of which seemed to be invisible to the greyed people up to that point. Do they actually... do anything?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Different Country Diary and Foreman are really going hard right now, thanks for posting

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Owl at Home posted:

Have we ever seen the big purple monsters in RitD actually kill or harm a person yet? The controller boss guy stabbed that one dude, but as far as I can remember all we've seen the big monsters do is chase people around and smash through walls, the effects of which seemed to be invisible to the greyed people up to that point. Do they actually... do anything?

That one lady got ripped in half in chapter 3, but otherwise the bad guys were primarily focused on capturing people for reeducation (like we saw with Reina before the kiss). Can't reeducate people if your big monster is trampling them

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

Different Country Diary
]
Buying an apartment because you were making bank off self-employment. Truly living the millennial dream, Makio

This meeting is what finally got me to snap and binge through the rest of the series, what a treasure. Thank you for posting it, looking forward to reading along more slowly again and setting what i missed

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Osmosisch posted:

This meeting is what finally got me to snap and binge through the rest of the series, what a treasure. Thank you for posting it, looking forward to reading along more slowly again and setting what i missed

Yeah it’s great. The conversation isn’t really even about the relationship between these two but there are so many little hints about their history and their own personalities and why things didn’t work out while still hinting that Kasamachi is probably still carrying a torch for Makio, who is largely oblivious

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Drills are the best shape

Me to my online haters:

???? Must Be Destroyed: 1 (+1)

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 19:58 on Apr 17, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

e: double post

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah it’s great. The conversation isn’t really even about the relationship between these two but there are so many little hints about their history and their own personalities and why things didn’t work out while still hinting that Kasamachi is probably still carrying a torch for Makio, who is largely oblivious
The author (and kudos to the translator too) really nails a certain kind of very naturalistic conversation that communicates a lot about the characters and how they feel without necessarily saying much directly. It sometimes veers into "being unnaturally forthright about feelings" territory, but a lot of that is probably just Makio's characterization, and the influence she has on those close to her.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

tokenbrownguy posted:

Different Country Diary and Foreman are really going hard right now, thanks for posting

I'm glad you're enjoying the Ootsuki Summit's moment of national infamy! :)

It worked!

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37: The Wheat, the Magic and the Song of Gaia

It seems that not every problem could be solved with sushi.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#494: Value Of Life - The Playroom

#495: Value Of Life - Good Times

#497: Value Of Life - FINISH HIM!

And at this point the comic starts pretending the stuff at the start was much better-written that it was.
MS Paint Masterpieces
#498: Value Of Life - Gosh Dang It

#499: Value Of Life - Voom?

#500: Value Of Life - Take A Wild Guess

And you lose all your upgrades just in time for 500 comics! :toot:
#502: Filler - History Class

Now normally the Greatest Killer side-story would have been here, but I posted that already, so instead we'll skip it!

#584: Filler - Minor Delay

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Emzedoh posted:

It seems that not every problem could be solved with sushi.

lol he wasn't called "Charles the Bald" because he was literally bald, he was called it because he was born without a crown (his father had split up the empire between his sons before he was born).

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

sullat posted:

lol he wasn't called "Charles the Bald" because he was literally bald, he was called it because he was born without a crown (his father had split up the empire between his sons before he was born).

Ohh, that one's going in the memory bank for sure.

Ah, I forgot to answer this. They're wallaby tracks- it's the two long narrow feet side by side, with the nail (claw??) prints especially prominent. They're side by side, rather than staggered as in every other mammal, because of course wallabies and roos hop on two feet at very very high speed, or else walk on five feet (the tail acts as an extra foot.)

Also while I think of it, here's page five of THE WEATHER BUREAU (which I will def. redraw when there is time, because conveying action is hard.)

They throw the grappling hook off the sky-ship so that it hits the ground, essentially earthing the pirate ship and causing it to get exploderated by a lightning bolt from the turbulent cloud the ship is towing. A word is worth a thousand pictures.)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Wow I NEVER woulda guessed wallaby, it looks like one big dinosaur like footprint.

Also lolled at the last three panels of weather report.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Emzedoh posted:

No one can resist a big beautiful D.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Now I wanna draw a comic like

Emus committing crimes-> brought in to animal court as defendants-> they say the 'emu tracks' are actually 'wallaby tracks'

Hmm, after googling emu tracks this would be a tough one to sell.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Now I wanna draw a comic like

Emus committing crimes-> brought in to animal court as defendants-> they say the 'emu tracks' are actually 'wallaby tracks'

Hmm, after googling emu tracks this would be a tough one to sell.

Hmm. Maybe dog tracks, if you focus on just the claw tips?
Maybe there's mileage to be had from how emu tracks (particularly in traditional art) look like arrows, just pointing in the opposite direction from what you'd first think.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vanish Coast by Pat Grant.

Bit of Australian gothic. And I feel it. Things have become smooth, shiny. New and safe. And way too fuckin expensive. Some things were really poo poo in the past but also theres stuff I miss about it.

'...I still tell lies with my pen.' is a good raw line.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
That was awesome, synth.
Australian gothic is an incredible genre. Wandering around Broken Hill, with that vista of huge boxy aircon units against a purple midday sky and everything is totally silent...
Hang on, are like half the posters itt Australian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Sure seems that why, huh?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vanish Coast by Pat Grant.

Bit of Australian gothic. And I feel it. Things have become smooth, shiny. New and safe. And way too fuckin expensive. Some things were really poo poo in the past but also theres stuff I miss about it.

'...I still tell lies with my pen.' is a good raw line.

Fuckin gentrification, mate.

Emzedoh posted:

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 44: Insurrectionists

Fish and chips :(