Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
My lurker opinion is that Durant will have a MVP level performance but not win MVP due to narrative reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

You're not even a lurker you freaking IMPOSTER

Wow this lurker shaming, that was my first post in this thread and look what happened to me...

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If I was JaVale and I got dunked on in my first game after a long time I would just say well this isn't fun anymore and just collect my paychecks

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Losing a 3-1 lead in the finals was a sign that we entered a very messed up universe

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Well he's willing to go to Cleveland which isn't exactly a media capital for him or his wife's stuff

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Who cares if he's a good coach or whatever, he's a lovely loving gm/president/check collector right now

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/BrooklynNets/status/829306224885768192

Yikes. At least the other teams have made an attempt at subtlety :pwn:

Nice, just a fat red mark on a black/white jersey, kinda like a F on a test

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 8, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Phil is not trying for a stealth tank, he's just really, really bad. I think at this point you can't credit him for tripping on flat ground and finding a dollar on the floor and pretending it was his master plan all along to find a dollar. You look at every move at the start of each season he's made since he came here and it was to win and now he's what, like 75+ games below .500 since he's started collecting checks from dolan

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The cupboard being bare isn't a good excuse to poo poo on it and call it a job well done time to chill at the beach.

If Phil insists on winning now he should've traded porzingis. Yeah it;'s an outrageous idea and fans would riot and keep the franchise hosed up but atleast he would committing to a terrible idea instead of waffling about like he's too old to understand what a 3 is in modern nba and displaying no idea on what kind of direction he wants to knicks to move towards. If nothing else fisher was better developing porzingis than hoiberg is but he got fired for not wanting to use the triangle.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Spacebump posted:

He needed the team to be bad in 2015 to have a change to get his future franchise player in the 2015 draft. If you look at it this way, trading Tyson Chandler and Felton was necessary that offseason to be bad enough to get a good pick. The next season he did not have a pick the previous GM. Making the playoffs that year would be fun for the fans but might have made the Knicks too good to get a draft pick after this season.

It makes a lot more sense if this plan was always about building to contend with the 2015 pick and not while Melo is there. On a timeline based around Porzingis everything the Knicks are doing isn't that bad for them longterm. Having Noah fills out cap space while ensuring they are bad enough to get decent draft picks.

Look, he's not some kind of puppet master genius at this point of his life. He made those initial moves to win in 2014 and when everything collapsed under him he pivoted towards tanking. The only thing you can credit him for 2014-2015 season is that atleast he made a decision towards one direction and executed it.

2015-2016 was the golden year of hope, of hey maybe phil has a plan (or heaven just dropped a golden egg onto his lap that he has no choice but to accept) and his best move was grabbing lopez for 4 years. He wasn't a superstar but he wasn't going to harm porzingis's development.

But then he fires fisher for not playing the triangle. no one knows if this was or is a plus or minus but you gotta think, if we're supposed to be tanking than why would you fire a coach unless he's doing byron scott poo poo

And now this year, and there's tons of articles with alot words written about this season out there that I don't need to add onto it

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lockback posted:

Phil is committing to a plan of not giving up assets while picking a year to have cap space. In the meantime, you make big, dumb flashy moves that don't really handcuff you but at least get some tickets sold and fans something to talk about.

I don't think it's genius, but there's not a lot else to do. They will be bad for 3 more years, I promise. Pay Noah to not get in the way of your young guys and try to draft well. There is no other real path here to making the Knicks even a second round team.

And no, don't trade Porzingis.

Hard to give up assets when the only assets are porzingis and willy. And there's zero point to making 'big, dumb flashy moves' because EVERYONE in new york was already excited and talking about porzingis. No one was seriously trying to say we should be making the finals on porzingis's 2nd year.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I feel gassy

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

None of the radio interviews with knicks executives have ever ever amounted to anything. Just softball questions and scripted answers

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

imo just make a thread for the boogiecalypse

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Should've been a knicks fan so you could look at all this with a distant look on your face and then yawn and crawl into bed and wake up to a morning that is 10 degrees colder than the current night temperature

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's a good trade in terms of comedy value

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh come on don't be like that

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Press the button Vivek :douche:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I want a 30 for 30 series about all this

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Did you guys watch the rookies game, this buddy guys got game

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I want to be a mic on the wall doing the time period when the deal went from two picks to one pick. What kind of flat sorcery was involved during that time

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

This is the worst trade in NBA history non-Billy King division

Personally I think the first round pick for bargnani was worse but I know kings fans can't look objectively right now because they just scored a galloway

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lockback posted:

If Langston Galloway gets waived he's going to Cleveland, right? Or will someone claim him off waivers. I don't remember the last time that happened.

He's coming back home baby!!!!!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

s u p e r m a x

slightly less scarier than superaids

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I know you must be hurting right now. It's times like these where I find myself the most incompetent because I'm just at such a lost of words. But I just want to let you know I'm here for you and I've shared your pain before. It may seem like the end of the world right now but the sun will rise in the east again and with it bring Demarcus Cousins. I know the lost of Galloway is hard on you Kibner, I've experienced it myself so no one will blame you for taking today for mourning but I promise you tomorrow will be better, hang in there buddy

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

pubic works project posted:

It's being said that they're keeping both him and Evans.

Nooooo #FreeGalloway

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I don't have vivek's contact information but can someone please tell him, cuz he's probably haven't been watching alot of basketball, that we have a fresh derrick rose who, he may not have known, is a number one pick. That new orlean pick is gonna be what like in the bottom half of the first round so why not trade NO's pick and galloway for derrock rose and our 17 2nd round pick. But wait, if vivek calls within the next sixty minutes we'll throw out the 2nd pick and only trade rose!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Dang it they're getting Jimmy aren't they

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oooooh if it's actually Melo. Initially I was gonna make a what if it's actually melo post but went with a jimmer callback

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

My sources are telling me it's very likely to be Melo. This is interesting. where and how did phil get in contact with melo during allstars

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Danny Ainge would much rather sit in his fort made of future picks and rights and potential than actually make moves though

I have a vision that that fort of picks looks very much like a pillow fort and he is just chilling inside there with sign outside no boogies allowed

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Who was the eastern ASG coach
Brad Stevens
Who was on the eastern ASG team
Melo

Coonect the dots people

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

danny ainge the madman! You're telling me he's going to get jimmy melo blake AND paul george

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Wow you mean rondo and wade is available

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Can the bulls just go to a corner somewhere and trade their own first rounder for doug mcdoug while the rest of the big boys stay on top of the headlines

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Trade rose to dogfart

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

derrick rose for rondo, who says no

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm gonna repurpose my isiah thomas shrine that I pray daily to a thibs one, please make this happen o' tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Now can someone hire reggie and mark jackson so they're off my tv forever

• Locked thread