Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Niwrad posted:

How did Rose and Noah look?

i only saw part of the game but noah is still ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

theres the illegal screens everyone sets then theres boguts(and draymonds) grab the dude and just walk him all the way off the court and to the bus like in the blindside

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ButtWolf posted:

Is Plumlee normally a real good passer? Cause those were perfect. A big that can pass well out of the post to cutters is extremely dangerous.

idk but something about him makes me think he Plays The Right Way

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Smellyhead posted:

He's going to be a top 5 centre in this league for a while if he isn't one already.

what

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Papercut posted:

It's okay to acknowledge terrible work even when it's associated with our own team or players we once idolized. For example, speaking as someone who was going to Blazers' playoff games in the early 90s and whose own dog is named Clyde, I can still recognize that Clyde Drexler is a horrendously bad announcer, almost on par with how bad Austin Carr is.

hrrrm what are your thoughts on the heat announcers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i feel like lebron is coasting tbh. kyrie and klove are doing a lot tho, and shump is hitting shots which is weird cause he was useless as a player last year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

meat checking for the billionth time after getting the lightest punishment each time. he got so many chances he got the most chances possible

i guess he knows the truth of this world, you miss every nutshot you dont take

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 5, 2016

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

E2M2 posted:

Yea, I don't know what it is, but people are driving right by Klay.

he has no one to funnel them into so you are noticing people going by him and scoring instead of people going by him and running into one of the best rim protectors in the nba

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron roasted carrol so hard he cant play basketball anymore and neither can the warriors lmbo

e: i hope the lakers are good again cause i wish good things for rick

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I think the Warriors will be fine from a regular season perspective because they score so easily that if they can just not play bottom five defense they will win games. And I think last year showed that a team can basically only make three or four mistakes and lose to the Warriors in a playoff series despite outplaying them overall just because overwhelming offense is a powerful thing in the NBA.

the warriors were a fantastic defensive team last year and years before tho, they werent winning because of just overwhelming offense, at least not in the playoffs. and especially against the cavs their greatest strength has been having two different guys who can credibly guard lebron, without andrew bogut behind them i wonder how credible that defense remains.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i like a future where the warriors get rid of draymond cause it would make them so so much easier for lebron to beat and i want him to stave off the tech bros. as they stand now they seem to match up way worse than last year and the moves some of you are talking about would make it even more true. im all for it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Actually, Karl, cops get paid vacations all the time.

And service people get plenty of rest in between j/o sessions at the FOB

cops get paid vacations regardless of the quality of their shooting

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

How many teams are actually healthy in the playoffs?

of the contenders? usually all of them

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the_american_dream posted:

Also can someone explain to me as you would to a child the difference between Ray Allen to the heat and why that's cool and understandable and why Durant to GS is not

one of thems an mvp from a championship contender the other is a roleplayer from a good eastern conference team

one of them is in his prime the other was 37 when he joined the heat

also one of them went to a 73 win team the other...didnt

lotta huge, glaring, obvious differences

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Intruder posted:

Ray Allen: roleplayer

7th highest usage rate on the celtics his last year, his usage rate actually went up on the heat and i think you would be hard pressed to claim he wasnt a roleplayer on the heat, where he got more shots than he did on the celtics. So yeah, he was a roleplayer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk if ringchasing even covers it, durant was already on a team you would join to ringchase, he left to chase them slightly better, mostly by destroying the team he was just on

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ketchup vs catsup posted:

remove the basketball from it entirely.

I'm Kevin Durant, superstar. I had one season in a major American city when I was 19, then I spent ages 20-27 living in Oklahoma City while traveling all over and seeing what my peers get to enjoy all the time.

I can sign up for years more of that.

OR

I can move to San Francisco with all the other millenials and have first access to fund 30 of the next potential unicorn startups with just one of my game checks.

agreed, thats why we will have yet another lakers/knicks finals this year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Yes but when you add the basketball back into it you get A) the lakers organization and B) the knicks organization.

its almost like that part is the only part that matters

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

Please take the time to spell out "at." It's only two letters, and no more keystrokes than "@."

this reads like a steph curry shoes meme from the finals

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

punctuation matters 7's

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

player coach gm lebron will always play/coach/build a contender imo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

You guys ever wonder why we don't read the forums backwards? Like, starting from the newest post and reading back in time. Makes you think. Because to be honest such a method would probably optimize my reading time and give me 3 extra seconds each day to post about wrestling instead of wasting time going oldest to newest looking for those high value dokmo posts.

is this what it feels like to get disrupted

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond doesnt care where his masturbation cocoon is parked

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Quizzlefish posted:

Just rewatched the Love Lockdown. Lebron really is looming behind Love in a threatening way.

I think it would have been almost more perfect if Curry had blown by Love only to have his life ended by his own father at the rim.

everythings threatening to a toddler, but curry couldnt avoid shaken baby syndrome

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

based on Eye Test it feels like kyrie is really bad at running a unit without lebron which is odd cause when hes actually doing his best lebrons barely involved in the play. kyrie needs moral support and friendship to truly ball it seems

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

Makes sense since Friendship Ball has been GM LeBron's team-building strategy since Miami.

he also incorporated hair theory wrt iman shumpert who is having his best year shooting ever

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the drop of oil rule is sacrosanct sir

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

e: nah nvm this was dumb

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 2, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Rose should sneak onto a contender next season and be their 6th man. They'd absolutely let him in if he had a 6th man of the year, MVP, title, two world cup golds (of the US's 5 all time), and ROTY.

I feel like every time the hall of fame comes up here, posters hold players to a stricter requirements than the actual voters.

which championship contender needs a really really really bad player to run their bench unit

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

would derrick rose be the worst 12th player on the warriors roster of these past few years? going by MP per game its been javale mcgee, ian clark and festus ezili

i think he would actually make the warriors worse by being on their roster. hes way worse than 2 capable backup bigs is he worse than ian clark it feels like a push at best

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he did get soundly outcoached by david blatt and then lost up 3-1 to ty lue whose facial expression just now reacted to the fact the cavs won

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Papercut posted:

Because the thread never sounds more like a bunch of nerds who've never played the sport than it does when he comes up.

this story is great for both its meaninglessness and how many awful takes its pooping out into this thread. two dudes crying about how their team is actually the good guys and now this its pretty fantastic really

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you nerds ever played the sport youd know every serious player is castrated at 18 to become immune to dickpunching

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I love Draymond Green, he is the only likeable part of the Warriors

nah hes a massive piece of poo poo, like most of the warriors

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Intruder posted:

Bitch moves, ranked
1) Sticking your foot under a jump shooter's landing Bowen you fucker
2) Kicking a dude in the dick
3) Pinching a tummy
4) Blowing in an ear
5) Setting off a nuclear bomb on Rudy Tomjonavich's face

flinging your mouthpiece into the stands cause you fouled out

not going into work cause your son lost the finals

making a commercial directly responding to a twitter meme

dang one team seems really bitchmade weird

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

Go read up on the indian thread in GBS. It's entirely possible Harden has a navel fetish

the friendliest go back to gbs post ever made

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

durants the entire conversation for bitchmade idiot of the year

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

As a Celtics fan, I'm hoping for a gritty 7 game series with the Raptors because it is fun watching our teams play well against each other.

rough times watching a raptors playoff series for good play

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Westbrook mvp with a special ceremony stripping drose of his and giving it to lebron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

advanced stats has finally found the most important stat of all: Wins

• Locked thread