Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lebron is the greatest NBA player of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

iospace posted:

N: Bucks slaughter the Raptors

V: :stare: uh... is this what success feels like for a basketball team?

Delly just going for the repeat and willing the rest of his team along.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
LeBron is the best ever.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Crazy Ted posted:

39 points
14 FGA

LeBron is a witch

Playoff LeBron is like Wrestlemania Undertaker.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If LeBron is the best driver in the NBA, who was the worst? Eddie Griffin?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lebron is really great, sorry if that's a controversial take.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lebron took that 2007 cavs team to the finals basically by himself which makes him the best ever by default even though they got stomped by the spurs.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

patonthebach posted:

Is there a lot of Wilt footage out there? Maybe I am extrapolating a lot but I cant imagine him being fast enough for todays NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STXbuXGPdoY

Wilt was like Bill Brasky, but real.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
What is the worst team to win the NBA championship in terms of overall talent?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Henchman of Santa posted:

I know it's the easiest Hall but I think Chauncey needed one more ring to get in without a long delay. He'll certainly have to wait longer than the likes of Kidd and Nash at his position.

Ben's peak was short but it was also insane so yeah he's a definite inductee.

I looked up Rasheed Wallace's stats and I guess I forgot he kind of fell off toward the end because he was really good for a couple years.

I remember Ben Wallace missed two dunks in a row in a playoff game for the Cavs. Remember when the Cavs said "hey LeBron we'll build a team around you" and he got old Shaq, old Ben Wallace and Mo Williams?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Jordan's game suffered when his dad got killed. Lebron will never fade that problem.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

patonthebach posted:

People get robbed for Yeezy's but that does'nt mean that Kayne is the GOAT rapper.

It's only because Big Pun never made shoes.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Constellation I posted:

Y'all listing rap albums like posers while I sit here and listen to Rob Thomas like a real NBA fan.

Should have been called Matchbox 24 because that's how many hours a day I listen to them.

roundmidnight posted:

Real talk: Dark Twisted Fantasy was so supremely overrated and the reaction of the critical establishment to an exceedingly okay album was the thing that led Kanye down the path of thinking that he was a genius and believing he could do no wrong which has meant six years of increasingly bad music, culminating in the true piece of poo poo that was Life of Pablo, the musical equivalent of Kobe's last NBA game.

Kanye West is Kobe Bryant: not as good as either he or the basic hypebeasts who worship him think he is.

All his albums are classics, and MBDTF allowed him to make Yeezus aka the best album of all time.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Shaq had an awesome rap on the Pootie Tang soundtrack.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Baby races, weiner dog races, and mascot races are the height of halftime entertainments world wide.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

PremiumBlend posted:

The best halftime show I saw was 10 very small children, maybe 3rd graders, from the local area playing a 5 minute game of full court basketball with the regulation rims. The crowd cheered about as loud for the kids as they did for the pros, agonizing over every missed shot by both teams and absolutely erupted when one of the kids finally scored to make it 2-0, which ended up being the final score for the game.

That sounds even better than kids vs. mascots with the mascots physically clowning on them.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
She just loves the game too much.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Yeah if you watch LeBron play ever and don't say that's the best basketball player alive then I don't know what to tell you.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

zoux posted:

How much arguing about MVPs would go away if they just called it "Best Player Award" and we didn't have to endure endless semantic arguments about what "valuable" means.

Also if they're gonna award it after the playoffs it should include playoffs OR they should make a separate Playoffs MVP award.

Congrats, you have just described why the NBA Awards Show is now a real thing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Me. LeBron, tear down that Wall.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

zoux posted:

People assumed that last year as well, yet I recall that the 73-win Golden State Warriors featuring the only unanimous MVP in league history blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals to lose the championship.

I recall that as well.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I only support basketball owners and GMs who are incredibly stupid but through sheer luck and obvious tanking get one of the best players of all time when then leaves for four years and then they get 3 #1 overall picks because they didn't bother to surround that player with any talent and then one of those #1 overall picks ends up in the D-League but it doesn't matter because the best player of all time felt bad about hurting his image so he came back to the hometown team and recruited superstars and old men who can still play and took his team to two championships in a row, losing one when the other two all stars were hurt, and winning the second in the greatest game 7 of all time, and may go to a third this year too.

That's my thoughts on basketball.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Fun fact the Kyrie pick came from the clippers

Haha I forgot that but those teams post-LeBron with only Kyrie were extremely putrid.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Shorten the regular season to 20 games. Best 28 teams make the playoffs. Playoffs are six months long with every round a best of 9 series.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Shear Modulus posted:

A specter is haunting Europe: the specter of traveling calls

A ghostly wail can be heard on the wind get that weak stuff out of here....

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I mean the 2009 cavs would not have won the championship anyway.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lebron didn't even get a double double smh why has he fallen off so hard.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
It's just payback for Scot Pollard not getting a ring with the Cavs, but with the Celtics.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
LeBron is going to be a player/owner until he dies.

edit actually he may be immortal

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
This game is just unfair.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Referencing the globetrotter theme song.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The cavs now must use the Monstars anthem as their hype song for the games in Cleveland.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Salvor_Hardin posted:

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/sta...agenumber%3D546

drat. You're not wrong but maybe hold off on calling Erdrogan "Hilter of our Century" until you're safe?

But he's right though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lebron killed IT.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

euphronius posted:

Imagine last year but lebron completes the chaos dunk

Lebron has already murdered Isaiah Thomas, why do you want him to kill again?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

TBeats posted:

I hope Lebron actually makes the world ending chaos dunk on Draymond to end the series with a 4-0 sweep by the Cavs.

If he gets the chaos dunk this year to win the title I think the warriors will completely disband out of shame.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I actually didn't watch last nights game and I guess I made the right decision but for the wrong intended reason.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
In 5 more years there will be a bunch of college basketball players named LeBron intentionally rocking the high, high fivehead fade with pride.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
So who are the best ring chasers available after the year who will try to sign with the Cavs or Warriors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Cool Buff Man posted:

KD got awfully defensive when someone asked him about NBA "parity"

Roasted

And here you go Rick/Glumslinger, Byron Scott still hasn't gotten over anything and is still taking potshots at D'Lo https://sports.yahoo.com/news/byron-scott-felt-deceived-lied-betrayed-los-angeles-lakers-222054872.html

The words of a truly shook man.

• Locked thread