Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Put that tweet on his tshirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Take a second to think about how much better your life would be if you looked like Steven Adams.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Oh my bad I meant just your face. Your existing height, weight, and abilities stay the same.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

N: Jusuf Nurkic had 18 points 12 rebounds 6 assists and 5 blocks in last night's win over the Thunder

V: I think I'm getting over losing Mason Plumlee a lot faster than expected

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Papercut posted:

LOL at "losing" Plumlee.

He seemed like a cool and nice dude who the players liked. I don't see why it's a bummer to see players you like get traded

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

leftist heap posted:

Jusuf is cool and I'm sure he'll regress at some point but it has been fun watching him ball in Portland.

I don't know if there were that many questions about his conditioning before but I'm impressed at how well he's handled a huge jump in minutes. It helps that Portland's schedule has been sparse lately.

People have been saying he was out of shape coming in, and he looked completely gassed towards the end when Andre Roberson kinda threw him to the floor last night. Sounds like he wasn't playing much in Denver, but yeah the all star break plus sparse schedule should help him get up to speed quick. He sounds motivated.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

leftist heap posted:

He played like, 38 minutes last night (because Meyers Leonard is basically unplayable lately) so it's sorta understandable he was gassed.

Also gently caress Meyers Leonard

The experiment is over, right? They have to be shopping him around this summer. He showed progress when he was working with Karan but has just gotten worse since then.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Did people really hate the all star game that much? I thought it was fantastic

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

So what do you want it to be? I'm real okay with both teams dicking around having fun. They're competing the rest of the season

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's gonna be crazy when the Mexico City Thunder beat the Virginia Beach Raptors in the 2026 NBA finals

I moved to Portland from Virginia Beach before it would have happened, but I would have been thrilled if the Kings had ended up moving there. That area deserves a pro team.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Closest I've come to crying over a movie was when R2-D2 wakes up and C-3PO says "I missed, you old friend" I teared up on initial and subsequent viewings.

Reading about Wesley Matthews coming to terms with his Achilles rupture not being a bad dream when he woke up the next morning kinda messed me up.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Target Center's floor is apparently drenched with condensation from the ice under it. Blazers are supposed to tip off in an hour

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I just want to chime in and laugh at the lack of awareness that's required to suggest that a Portland fan root for the team LMA ran off to.

Livid at the notion.

I also watched the Kings sometimes for Cousins, but now keep an eye out for the Pelicans games between Cousins, Frazier, and Davis.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Meyers Leonard I want to say

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Idk I just thought of it again and it made me laugh really hard

I laugh really hard whenever I think about Pablo Prigioni (not often) because
"Pablo
Prigioni
The real Prigioni
Argentina Macaroni"
That someone posted here once

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

N: Jusuf Nurkic is the first NBA player to log 28+ points, 20+ rebounds, 8+ assists and 6+ blocks in a game since Charles Barkley (11/28/86).

V: Finna buy a jersey this rocket will never fall to earth

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

What was happening in Denver? I remember hearing that he asked to be taken out of the starting lineup at one point. Was it just a combination of Jokic overlap and chemistry issues?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Tae posted:

If the Warriors don't' have Durant until round 2, I'd rather have the Thunder or Grizzlies than Blazers/Nuggets because variable 3-point shooting offense scares me more than paint-the-pack match-ups

My god, Nurkic is gonna lead the way to the second round which sets off a chain reaction that leads to the next big west coast quake, reducing Moda Center, Oracle Arena, and the Staple Center to dust.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Wait why does he think he gets the billion dollars?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Jackie D posted:

I hope the Ball boys all succeed and freeze dad out once they make it

This would be my ideal scenario I think

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

we should send flowers to the trailblazers for their loss

Say what?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It is. Poor dude at the gas station getting his hopes up.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Mandrel posted:

Seems like a good list. Kerr hasn't coached a team without 3 all-stars and Walton had just as much success subbing for him

So you agree that Terry Stotts deserved to win 2016 coach of the year

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Papercut posted:

The craziest thing about the Plumlee trade to me is that for some reason Nurkic and Noah Vonleh have great chemistry and Nurkic has basically resuscitated Vonleh's career prospects.

Vonleh playing way better and Leonard hardly coming off the bench are the two best byproducts of the Nurkic trade.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Give me Jif or Peter Pan for a thousand years before I stir a drat thing

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Lets talk about the best m&ms:

Peanut

Butter

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Awesome.

Free tickets from my girlfriend's work is how we got into the sport at all.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

If we were to get more specific about it, what kind of bird would Birdman be?

Foghorn Leghorn

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Quizzlefish posted:

Jusuf Nurkic sure is dreamy. FiveThirtyEight now gives the blazers a 92% chance of making the playoffs. What a time to be alive.

Career high in points against his old team with his pretty girlfriend in the stands. What a night.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Harden is an ugly trash flopper and I hate watching him play. Westbrook is a super human who deserves better than his team can provide. Westbrook should win. He probably won't.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Noctone posted:

Westbrook should get the MVP because gently caress KD and you

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Femur posted:

those dudes are all white. White people who want respect are Don Corleone, but if you're black, its called thuggery. This is the unfairness of racism, and is quite common in rich old white people, who would be the ones making this decision and doing the pear clutching.

Are you going to pretend that reputation and optics are not huge factor for decision makers?

Is this a pitch to watch the most recent Black'ish? Cause I hear you, but gently caress Chris Brown.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Follow Nurkic to the Blazers. No FA's come here either, but there's still hope for success.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Lillard CJ Nurkic are all good and young. 3 first round picks this year, which might help dump Turner or Leonard if needed. If Aminu/Harkless can get some consistency and Vonleh develops a little more, I think that things can be okay.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Mother fucker

Re: Nurkic. Will be reevaluated after two weeks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Meyers, in addition to being 7'2 and averse to dunking, bad at basketball, straight up dumb, and having my mom blocked on twitter, is kind of hurt anyway. This is going to be a rough two (+?) weeks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Blazers in-arena DJ underwent surgery to have a cancerous tumor removed from his rectum. He woke up from surgery blind and with no feeling in his right arm/side. Super hosed up. DJ OG One rules and this is some bad stuff.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I hate Draymond "fat yell" Green but him hitting Harden's limb after Harden pinched his belly is maybe the only non-Blazer thing that I enjoy now that Embiid's out. It is hilarious and fair and should not be controversial at all.

As for it being a targeted attack, don't pinch a man's belly with your bad wrist's hand if you don't want it swatted at.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Allen "Cool Breeze" Crabbe went 8/10 from 3 tonight ending up with 25 points. The whole comeback was a 10 point run by him in 48 seconds in the 4th. I now forgive him for looking at my girlfriend's butt at a fan event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Does Ball to the Lakers lead to pops lining up pregame to dap up the starters?

• Locked thread