Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Edible Hat posted:

Tom Waits is so good and I wish he would make another album.

Anyone who hasn't heard this is missing out. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...8jtvfnGP_UlkifA

A chorus of Tom Waits and Kieth Richards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Calm posted:

A prayer to recite for the Arzyers:

Dear God,
Give me the strength to recognize the things I cannot control,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference between the two.

Added bonus, Obama's favorite philosopher ( actually a theologian ) is the author.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

You'd likely enjoy this two-part conversation between Obama and Marilynne Robinson if you haven't read or listened to it yet - Part I, Part II.

Thanks for this.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I disagree. Cracker, I believe, came originally from an 1800s slur for Southern white people who were so poor they mixed dirt and mud to eat for food which were euphemistically referred to as crackers.

On the Antebellum/post-Civil War Southern power hierarchy, poor "cracker" whites were just above black slaves and freedmen for being poo poo on.

In Florida the term is from whip cracker, and crack shot. Whip cracker referring to cattle herding cowboys. Crack shot referring to confederate soldiers from Florida. Don't know about other states.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

definitely get blue color types to vote.

Wonderful typo. I wonder how Trump actually polls with the colloidal silver crowd?

• Locked thread