Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey planet coaster comes out this month, anybody excited for that? I am :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Is this a game about roller coasters with planets instead of wheels? Wait that doesn't make sense, the planets would still roll...

Is this a game about coasting a space-train around using gravity assists from planets?

CrashCat posted:

What's a planet coaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE

The RCT3 people are putting out a new rollercoaster tycoon game except it isn't called rollercoaster tycoon

There is a separate game that is more of a spiritual successor to RCT1/2 but I forget what it is called, but I saw footage and it looked good too

Both will be better than the actual RCT4.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

That visual novel that just came out with the weird long title is one I was thinking of.

Which one lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I found this thread, and post, in the Goldmine that made my day much better, because I actually laughed so hard I teared up a little:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795534&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post465806235

Video games are great.

If I saw this thread before the goldmine I would have totally posted about the time my friend got so mad at me that I didn't wanna play dk64 with him that he chased me around his house with a broadsword

He was pretty salty

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what sucks?

Genocide.

What sucks a lot lot lot lot lot less is that I've got a tune stuck in my head and I can't remember what it is from and the lyrics are just "la la la" so that's no help!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Nope

Looper posted:

Yeah, the two extra boss fights are reaaaally good but the slog it makes of normal gameplay, while thematically appropriate, isn't very fun

also here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0LhDiMj8Q

I get it

also, nope

I remember it being some cartoon thing from I wanna say cartoon network where it was a character just singing like

LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAA LA LAAAAAAAA
LA LA LA LAAA LAAA
LAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAA

on repeat and I think he might've been marching or something and ugh I don't even know why it popped into my head but it's been bugging me for a week now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm confident that this is your song.

YES

THANK YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5p5SceJLQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I read a tom clancy book once and I liked it :shobon:

It was tom clancy's op force #1 or net force 1 or whatever it was called, I forget the exact name, it was dumb but an easy and interesting enough read

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Oh he didn't write that. I'm pretty sure that entire series was ghostwritten.

Clancy does have some legit good books though.

edit: ^ that sounds fuckin awesome.

Oh

Huh

I still enjoyed it! I also thought it was pretty schlocky, and liking schlock is fine, but I've heard that tom clancy was kind of a crazy right-winger and that his books were meant to promote that kind of ideology even if I only ever found them to be fun dumb wish fulfillment type poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's up november games chat thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I'm watching people play Bloodborne for the first time and it's cool to see them learn & grow.

Cool

I'm watching a longplay of Sanitarium, cause I know I'm never gonna play it and I'm 3/4ths of the way through the longplay already and don't have anything else to do at the moment so might as well watch it

StrixNebulosa posted:

I got Broforce in the humble monthly and it's....good! I'm shocked at how fluid and fun it is to control and how satisfying it is to leave a hoard of dead guys behind you. Mindless violence reduced down to pure fun. :allears:

Yeah Broforce is a bunch of fun! I dunno if they are still adding characters to it or not, but I hope they are because it was neat seeing the different kinds of playstyles they could come up with

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm at work and my impending doom sense has been tingling uncomfortably for the past week. Death can not come soon enough.

What's wrong?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Liz Wiz you missed a chance to say "Red Bones is now Ded Bones"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also I saw Dr Strange today and it was pretty fun! Not perfect, but visually it was very nice and interesting :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Also also holy poo poo this is great

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hahaha goddamn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It depends on who is writing him

lame answer, but the truthiest one. Cap's been all over the place, from "red-blooded are guns are guns" to "super hippy striving to fight for the american dream and to provide it to the globe"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

I just checked and they have never remade that game, what the hell S-E get it together

I don't think I'd want current SE to try to remake it, I feel like it'd just end up an ugly mobile game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do the new xcoms have the gigantic terror units like the old xcoms did?

Like the giant t-rexes that had guns or the mini ufos?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

mini ufos yes, snaketits and space orc mutons yes, alien t-rexes (I wanna say they were called reavers?) no

I was mostly wondering cause I know old xcom had a variety of sizes (and by variety I mean 2), humanoids like the snakemen, mutons, sectoids, etc and then the terror units which could be humanoids or these 2x2 behemoths like the terror from the deep t-rex that had guns mounted to its sides or the terror from the deep jellyfish or the sectopods

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Have any of you played an old snes game called Feda Emblem of Justice? Is it any good?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

It looks pretty neat. Though almost exactly like Shining Force.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=417m7C_FsME

I think there were a few people who worked on both maybe??

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Same artist apparently: Yoshitaka Tamaki
Apparently was pushed as Nintendo's answer to Shining Force.

But it looks good I might try it today during lunch.

I like his art and I want him to work on more good srpgs!!

I want another shining force srpg with his art :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Feda translation's gots some swears

Golden Goat posted:

Everybody in this game is an rear end in a top hat so far

Haha, good ol fan translations

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I voted today. Here is a song in celebration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhAf62wfgE

I don't like this casting decision and also I think she looks like a bland motoko cosplayer :( I'm sure the movie will end up fine but it would've been cool if they cast someone better fitting the role of "japanese cyborg cop" than scarjo

Golden Goat posted:

These characters sure are likable!

In other news I ordered the PS4Pro/ProS4/PS4P/Professional4 so now I just have to decide what games to get first. BB will probably be first despite it taking no advantage of the Pro stuff.

Are those chaos characters? From what I read, the game has characters for "chaos" and "order" and you get the chaos characters by killing everybody during fights and I assume whoever they are are probably hardasses and jerks like that dude.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm not at all sure the movie will end up fine :ohdear: I'm getting serious Lucy vibes from it and that movie was unbelievable garbage, the worst movie I've seen in years. GITS is really amazing stuff and if they just do a generic Hollywood action take on it, its gonna make me really really sad. And that's what it looks like.

I've only seen the teaser that that screenshot is from and I remember that same scene from the anime ghost in the shell movie so eh

What's lucy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tbh I was expecting this to be about the halloween mercy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
if you were the toriel cosplayer who gave me a blowjob at dragoncon, PLEASE inbox me. i think you took my wallet. it looks like an NES

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
H e l l o games chat thread

How is everybody doing today?

I had an ok day. Voted, went to eat n park for the breakfast buffet, didn't have any nightmares last night which is good since yesterday I was having like nothing *but* nightmares so the day is pretty chill now.

I'm gonna see if steamgifts has the killing floor community packs up as giveaways because I wanna see if I can win them >:] I've been wanting those for a long time, if only for that flare revolver because firebug was a lot of fun in killing floor and flare revolver would give me a good reason to go back to it imo.

So anyways yeah how is everybody?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm fantastic! I voted, did a test for my class and I feel confident about my grade, and now I'm cheerfully waiting for election results by playing Broforce, KeeperRL, and contemplating picking up LiEat and the dollar tier of that new humble bundle.

I'm thinking I'll treat myself to more games once I'm sure Hilldawg is going to win! :D

Broforce is fun, idk what KeeperRL is, but LiEat is something I want to pick up when it is super super cheap so I'm hoping to see it cheap during the steam holiday sales.

Hill is totes gonna win and I'm gonna be so glad when the election is over.

CJacobs posted:

Hello. I'm doing alright, I got a dialogue system working in my game without looking up any tutorials or whathaveyou, which was a nice surprise.

Now I can make NPCs be as rude to the player as I want. See also: the beating up skeletons post on the last page.

Nice done! Congrats! :) What kind of game is it supposed to be? I tried modding some games once but I just can't wrap my head around programming stuff unfortunately. I was trying to mod Don't Starve to put in an anime character my fiancee likes as a bday gift for her a couple years back but it never progressed anywhere past "I downloaded this tutorial and was able to change some graphics and have no idea what to do next" :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Thanks! Here's my running explanation:

Generally speaking, it's a dungeon crawler with idle game elements, something I don't think many people have done before.

Sounds neat, but won't the two extremes nullify one another? I mean, if someone is looking to play an idle game, I've usually seen them play them and clicker games for the easy gameplay that they don't have to think about, but it sounds like you want there to be more complex gameplay to go along with the idle parts. I dunno, I'm probably just misinterpreting you or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Friends, we face harsh times ahead, but I promise that together we can weather this. Please, remember that I am thinking of you, wherever you are, and I and wishing for the best of luck. We will get through this. We will be able to breach this fog that clouds the next four years, and we will come out on top in due time with due effort.

Please, stay strong everybody, and stay safe.

Good night, and good luck.

I'm going to Denny's.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'll add you when we're back home.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Made the video anyway, it's about half an hour long and I ramble a bit cuz I didn't make any script or notes, but playing live was the only way I could keep my thoughts formulated and I said what I wanted to say. It'll be up soon.

I added you :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What a neat gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing a dumb rpgmaker game because idgaf

• Locked thread