Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Today I learned that at least two members of Giant Bomb think that the eggs that they sell in supermarkets are fertilized.

Giant Bomb has been rolling down the hill for a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

it should just be james's head under there. this is stupid and wrong

It probably is his head shoved up that big vagina

symbolism

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hello, friends. I am two, probably three dungeons from the end of Link's Awakening and this song is good, so I am sharing it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

the hypest poo poo right here

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Man I can't wait for this loving election to be over.

Every election cycle I've been a mostly adult person for has cultivated this same feeling and it's a huge bummer because voter apathy is such a problem here

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what sucks?

Genocide.

What sucks a lot lot lot lot lot less is that I've got a tune stuck in my head and I can't remember what it is from and the lyrics are just "la la la" so that's no help!!!

Yeah, the two extra boss fights are reaaaally good but the slog it makes of normal gameplay, while thematically appropriate, isn't very fun

also here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0LhDiMj8Q

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

It's so good. I wish constantly that they'd make another

For as many good games as it has, the Wii U missed a lot of solid opportunities

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah, it's also complicated, because the story of Doctor Strange going to Tibet and learning magic isn't like it's being respectful of actual Tibetan culture. So moreso than in most cases, this one is kind of blurry, since fetishism of vague eastern philosophy is probably better than misrepresenting actual culture.

It just would have been a great opportunity to make a statement. Like right now China is bulldozing Larung Gar, the largest monastic community of Tibetan Buddhist. The exact sort of thing that heroes like the Avengers would be against if they were real. Super heroes are supposed to be about sticking up for the defenseless, and I just think its sad that films about heroes can't bring attention to real injustices happening in the world even as they draw inspiration from its victims.

Doctor Strange being pro-Tibet would have been super cool.

How do you think Captain America would feel about the Dakota Access Pipeline?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Doctor Strange was p cool tho. Mads was criminally underused and many of the jokes were either badly timed or just bad, but the visual effects are crazy good and Strange has a good character arc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Snak posted:

I'm talking about a change that was made from the comics to appease China because it's very profitable to appease China.

Yes, and I'm asking you a hypothetical question

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Back before Quesada took over as editor in chief, Captain America comics regularly addressed current political issues and took unpopular stances on them as well if the writer felt it was right. Quesada was convinced appealing to horrible right wingers would boost comic sales so he repeatedly nixed that kinda thing, and Marvel Studios took an even broader approach to things, essentially stripping the character of anything more political than "Nazis are bad."

:(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did the X-Coms kills all the chats yet?

When all have fallen, I will be here to rise from the ashes, and ascend to the throne of videogames

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What's unintuitive about Pokemon?

Nasgate posted:

Only use your starter, keeping a couple hm slaves, and it's p fun. Crushing bad dudes and child trainers dreams is good.

this sounds way more boring and tedious than actually raising a team

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I think it's hilarious how noted hard game series Shin Megami Tensei with a simple element system can get away with letting you knows which skills do the most damage on certain enemies, but when Pokemon with a complicated type system and abilities on top of that introduces the same thing, that's where gamers draw the line

I got really tired of guessing what element enemies were weak against by the end of Persona 4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

What, they don't give you a way to scan like they did in 3?

The game keeps track of resistances and weaknesses you've seen, and your supporter will blurt out random weaknesses occasionally, but it's still largely a guessing game on new enemies

Lizard Wizard posted:

Noted hard game Shin Megami Tensei has the distinction of buffs, debuffs and status effects being important in combat. Furthermore, Pokemon's type system is not complex; there's just a lot of types.

Also this seems to be the case more often than not nowadays

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

How the type matchups work, but that's kind of a moot point now since the newest games outright tell you what moves will work or not.

what doesn't make sense about martial artists being ineffective against bugs or ice being bad against everything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Dark Souls 2 is still my favorite.

Real talk, same

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I still don't like Dark Souls 2, it has so many lame bosses especially compared to 3. The PvP covenants were cool, but I'm much more invested in the boss battles and the only ones I liked were the skeletal chariot and the two rat bosses.

E: I never played the dlc tho, maybe that's where all the good bosses are hidden

Fume Knight, Alonne, Elena, Sinh, and the Ivory King are all really really good

However each DLC also has a co-op focused area, and the bosses of those areas are all pretty lazy. You've got a three-on-one pvp fight (unless you summon), Smelter Demon again but blue (I like Smelter tho so I dug this fight), and the ice tiger midboss again except now there are two

But anyway Dark Souls 2 is the best because it has the best punching weapons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I miss From Software's other games. :smith:

I've been replaying Lost Kingdoms 2 and it's still fun, RIP weird card game craze of the early 2000s

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Ugh fine you dummies, everything you like is anime, Avengers is an anime, milky way bars are anime.

avengers, much like joss whedon, is bad and could learn a thing or two from anime

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Also this entire post is badass

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what does exchanging faces mean

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Hill is totes gonna win and I'm gonna be so glad when the election is over.

I thought this yesterday but man I'm starting to get real stressed out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Snak posted:

Just remember that most news organizations will do everything they can to make it seem close.

Honestly the fact that it's even close at all is upsetting, but then again the fact that one of our major candidates is Donald J. Trump is upsetting enough on its own

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
strongly considering buying saints row 4 this weekend

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
This is the part where Gumshoe dramatically bursts in with all the early votes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I cannot loving believe the 45th President of the United States is Donald Trump

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
trapped in the dark world without a magic mirror

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Yeah for real, I usually act like a rudeboy on these forums but if you feel potentially victimized by any of Trump's policies or idealogies, we should be friends. We'll get through this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Argue posted:

So Pence is the emperor's right hand man from a 90s JRPG, right?

Yeah, it's hard to hope for an impeachment when he's the guy who'd take over

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Errr, I think you meant China? Then again, I didn't follow the debates...

that's okay, neither did most of the country

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I hope everyone's doing okay today, and if you're not, please feel free to post about it as many others have

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

The idea of an ultra liberal shadow army hiding in a high tech bunker with a gigantic airship underneath a lake is weirder than anything in metroid

not so surprising when you have Orson Scott Card as the writer though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Also the Odin Sphere remake continues to be amazing and it's nice that while I'm playing it I'm mostly not thinking about how Trump is now president elect.

It's so goooood I'm excited to see what Vanillaware does next now that they've finally gotten a handle on good gameplay

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Name your kid Ernest Cline

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I know it's only because it's the first X game I played, but I have a soft spot for Mega Man X6

Zero and Legends ftw tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

You should try X4 if you haven't already, it's my favorite Mega Man game, and one of my favorite platformers of all time!

Mega Mans that let you play as Zero are pretty fun imo. Uh, mostly

though to be honest the presence of Dynamo's theme has a lot to do with my affection for X6

HotSoapyBeard posted:

It's Luna so I guess not that wild but I don't think her mum would've been happy unless it was really traditional

Luna's a lovely name!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's essentially FFX with Mega Man X characters and the music is pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnbY4h0FhQs

Who's Tidus and who's Yuna in this analogy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

X and Zero obviously.

Jesus, it's like you never read a fanfic.

Command Mission kinda blows, to be honest. It's a very competently-made but boring game, and the story is just nothing.

Who's Axl??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Everybody speaks very highly of Great Cave Offensive in Super Star but to me...by far the weakest part of the package...

I love hunting for treasures and Computer Virus is a real cool boss

Milky Way Wishes wins the prize for most deviously hidden thing tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

Speaking of reloading save states, does anyone else do that in their dreams? Especially lucid dreams, if things start going sideways I'll just be like "nope gently caress this" and I go back.

imo dreams are the ultimate video games and if a company could make a pill or machine that let you lucid dream on demand and without waking up as soon as you become lucid then I would literally never play another video game and maybe never do anything else again in my entire life, ever, because it would be that amazing.

First person games can be pretty limited in what you can do imo

• Locked thread